Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Coincidences While Reading Non-DT Books

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Weird Coincidences While Reading Non-DT Books

We already have a thread in Gilead for coincidences while reading the DT (Nineteen and other coincidences...); here you can post all kinds of coincidences, especially those that make you wonder whether they can be called coincidences at all - that happened in your life while reading King books other than DT.

I am re-reading Black House now. Yesterday was in a supermarket where I never usually go (it's more expensive than ours), and one funny gadget on the shelf caught my attention. It was a white egg-shaped thing meant for 1) indicating if the temperature in the fridge wasn't too high; 2) absorbing refrigerator smells. It wasn't too expensive, and I love those toys (unknown to Soviet people for decades), so I bought it.

It was supposed to change its color if the temperature is ok.
    It was steadily changing it for a few hours.

Now... I think those who have read Black House have already guessed. I have this perfect (have just googled a few images and checked) robin-egg-colored plastic egg in my fridge.

What similar experience did you have, or are you having?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, about the time that I had read the part in The Drak Tower where
    Spoiler:
    Susan throws away Rolands gun
    , my house was broken into and the .45 replica of Rolands gun that I got from my grandfather was stolen. Besides being mad, it shocken me that the gun disappeared in two (places?times?)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Storyslinger, I'm sorry I didn't make the title of this thread more specific - it's for non-DT books; I have copied your post to that other thread. I made the necessary amends to the title and to the first post, too.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there was that time when I had just finished Salam's Lot and an old abandonded house by me started having lights on in the hours 11:00 PM-3:00AM. That was creepy, it still happens, but not as often, the weirdest part is that now that we have snow, you should be able to see tire tracks or footprints leading up there if someone was staying there, but there isn't.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I lived in North Carolina, I was reading Cujo for the first time. Two days after I finished reading the book, a new family moved in with their dog. What kind of dog was it? You guess it. A St. Bernard!

He really turned out to be a sweet dog, but I have to admit I kept up my guard around him for quite some time.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

When I first read The Stand, I got sick the day I picked it up.
    People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Awoken Enigma Sai_Rhavan is on a distinguished road Sai_Rhavan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The day after watching It, I had to go to a circus...
    Not creepy for you guys, but I was 8.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The circus is always creepy to me.

That deal with Charlie the Choo Choo riding kids on his back....but they weren't laughing, they were screaming.

That's all circus' to me.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Awoken Enigma Sai_Rhavan is on a distinguished road Sai_Rhavan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, here's one that happened friday!
    I finished Insomnia, and woke up around 5, with no luck getting back to sleep.
    After 1 day of that, I felt sorry for Ralph.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been rereading IT: at the weekend a friend of ours was having a fancy dress party, he phoned and asked if I would paint his face to go with his costume (I do alot of face painting at kid's parties)...when he turned up he was dressed as...yep, a clown. Kinda freaked me out

More freaky than that was, I was reading It on Monday. There was no one in but me and Max (he's nearly 3) and for no reason whatsoever he said "I like clowns!" There wasn't anything to do with clowns on tv, there isn't a clown or anything to do with them on the cover of It...freaky

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

More freaky than that was, I was reading It on Monday. There was no one in but me and Max (he's nearly 3) and for no reason whatsoever he said "I like clowns!" There wasn't anything to do with clowns on tv, there isn't a clown or anything to do with them on the cover of It...freaky
    That really freaks me out too for some reason!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know...I was all like *trying to be calm* "Er...why did you say that Max?"

Country
    Country Flag

I would have had a heart attack. Seriously. Kids are creepy enough by themselves, half-living in some unknown world, and when they emerge from it with such statements, and the timing is just right (=wrong) -

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Max just looked at your sig and said "Bears are scary!" so you're safe

Country
    Country Flag

oh no! please tell him bears are kind, cuddly, soft, and funny! Does he know Paddington or Winnie-the-Pooh?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, he likes them...and Bear in the Big Blue House (who I sent you a pic of on your birthday I think)...he was just being obtuse, as is his way

Country
    Country Flag

Bear in the Big Blue House! that's who it was. Bear likes!

sorry friends we've been off-topic for some time, but it was important... just like diamonds are a girl's best friend, bears are a kid's.

Traveler mr.nineteen is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I was really sick during my read of The Stand. But the book is so immense I recovered while reading it too.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep meaning to post that we went bowling for my daughters birthday - and when we got there we had to take the only lane that was available...lane 19

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

The first time I read Salem's Lot I was twelve or thirteen and had recently moved in with my father who lived in a very rural town outside of Columbia S.C. We had no AC that summer and had the windows open all of the time, particularly at night when we were trying to sleep. It really started to freak me out and I finally just took the fan out of the window and closed it when I was sleeping. I didn't want the vampires to think I was sending out an open invitation.

Traveler mr.nineteen is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This didn't happen while reading it, but it happened nonetheless.

In December I went to Ciudad Juarez, Ch. Mex and stayed in this hotel called the beach, in room 217. It was kind of freaky, it was the only room available in the whole hotel at that precise moment. Needless to say, staying alone there was creepy.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was a Military Policemen working the nightshift guarding a building that contained classified information and equipment. There was no one else around, and the place was silent. I was in the middle of a book named Ghost Story, and was near the scariest part of the book. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, really freaked out by this book when all of a sudden an air compressor went off in one of the closets. I about shit my pants. I had NEVER heard this compressor before, and I had logged many hours on this particular gaurd post at night. I pulled my pistol out of my holster, chambered a round, and kept it out of my holster while walking the building (A violation of regs BIGTIME) to make sure there was no one there. There wasn't a soul around, so now I was REALLY freaked. I walked around the outside of the building, and made sure there wasn't anyone around. I went back in, set my weapon down on a shelf near my hand, and kept reading. I NEVER heard that compressor again. It freaked me right the fuck out!!!
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

About two weeks ago I bought a new copy of The Shining because I'd lost my old one and wanted to reread it.
    I haven't read it in years...over 15 at least, so I'd forgotten alot of stuff that happened in it.

Anyway, when I got it home I put it in the cupboard under the stairs, which is where I keep all my books.
    I opened the cupboard the next day to get the book out and heard a loud buzzing noise. It sounded like a bee or a wasp and my immediate thought was "Shit!", because we had a wasp nest in the attic two years ago and I wondered if wasps had come back and re-nested.

Then, after I shut the door I thought...hmm, this cupboard is downstairs, how would they get from the attic into my cupboard? Theres no way to get into the cupboard other than through the door infact, so how did a wasp get in there at all? Plus, its January...whoever heard of wasps in January?

It puzzled me for a while, but eventually I made a cup of tea, sat down and started to read.

Did I ever freak the fuck out when I got to the part about Danny and the wasps nest!!!

I haven't heard buzzing in there since

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a bit creepy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't going to post it at first, like when it actually happened, because it really scared me and I also thought, no-one will believe it - I checked the cupboard about 5 or 6 times and didn't find anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast