Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Roog

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    A few of the Dutch "It" editions:
    Oh I like those this is making me want to search ASAP. Thank you for sharing the images.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some new additions to my NEL-collection:

First time that I have actually seen a Thinner!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What's the publication date on that THINNER? The first NEL printing is 1985, and the cover is different.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

These colorful NEL-paperbacks are all reprints from the 1990s/early 2000s. I have the whole series.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, these NEL reprints don't have publication dates on/in it.
    This is a 26th printing.

Michaël, does the NEL serie contain all titles (except for the newer ones of course)?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes and no. I only collected the ones that have the same style as that Thinner PB because of the high-quality artwork. There are a few of others that look very similar but are a bit different (Different Seasons is one of them, and it looks like your Firestarter is also one of them) and these have artwork that is a bit 'grainy', which I didn't like so much.

Then there are the ones that look like the books in your second photo, which are also different in style.

I think there are 34 or 35 titles in the series that I own, and maybe 4 titles in the style of your Firestarter.

Country
    Country Flag

These are currently in my collection:
    30 books with "nel" on the spine
    5 with "H" on the spine (these might be your "grainy" ones)

These ones I'm still missing:
    "nel" : Talisman, Needful Things, Night Shift, Nightmares&Dreamscapes, Regulators
    "nel" large format : On Writing
    "H" : Different Seasons, Skeleton Crew

So all together that would make 43 books in the serie (the serie with colors on the spine).
    The serie without colors on the spine but with "nel" on it, contains just 4 books (Bag of Bones, TGWLTG, white Atlantis, blue Atlantis). I do not count these to the series.

From these titles I do not know if they are published in the color serie:
    - Rage, Long Walk, Silver Bullet, Green Mile, Storm of the Century, Riding the bullet, Black House

Pics of the collection can be found at www.roog.nu/stephenking , then click NEL

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

And I thought I was a completist!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to do my best as well

You are definitely more of a Dark Tower completist than I can ever hope to be. I'd never have the room anyway, though I wish I had half of your DT books!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it has become one hell of an addiction... Just can't stop collecting
    It takes 3 meters of bookwall for all the DT books. Not much room left anymore

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got one of the UK Hodder proofs, this is DT5:

And this is a German DT1 Club-hardcover from Bertelsmann (when was this released?):

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!!! Very nice acquisitions!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice proof!

Country
    Country Flag

Now I want these other 2 as well

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONG-OF-SU...item4abf87094b

The DT7 proof is harder to find (only 100 numbered copies exist).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My notes indicate that 250 copies of the UK ARC for Dark Tower VI, Song of Susannah, were done.

John

Country
    Country Flag

No hurry for these, I'll wait till it gets a better price

Country
    Country Flag

Finally! Waited for these a pretty long time, but they arrived, all the way from Italy

This is the Italian hardcover of DT4, La Sfera del Buio, published by Sperling&Kupfer in 1998:

This is the Italian bookclub hardcover of DT5, I Lupi del Calla, published by Mondolibri in 2003:

And this is the coolest item, the Italian bookclub release of DT2, La Chiamata dei Tre, published by Euroclub in 1991:

I really (really) like the cover

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!! Congrats!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply stunning DT II cover art - love it !!!!
    We all float down here!

Nice artwork. Looks like Roland's having lobster for dinner.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That is some great artwork! Nice additions! I think I might post your Dutchies today.

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast