Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    When is this going to be released? Never mind. I found it. Nov 2018

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, is he writing the book everyone is waiting for (The Winds Of Winter) or has he not yet begun it?

(I don't read GRRM but am aware of the general angst among his fans).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    So, is he writing the book everyone is waiting for (The Winds Of Winter) or has he not yet begun it?

(I don't read GRRM but am aware of the general angst among his fans).
    Sort of:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/25/1...f-ice-and-fire
    George R.R. Martin has announced that he’ll be releasing a new book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series this fall — sort of. No, it’s not the long awaited The Winds of Winter, which promises to finally continue the saga that Martin begin back in 1996 and which fans have been waiting almost seven years to read. Rather, fans will be able to enjoy 640 pages of Fire and Blood, a collection of short stories that tell “the definitive history of the Targaryens in Westeros.”

Fire and Blood is said to be the first of two planned volumes of these historical stories, which Martin has alluded to before in the main series of the books, as well as in his companion history, The World of Ice and Fire. But Fire and Blood, along with its unnamed sequel, promise a more in-depth look at the tale. According to Martin, volume one “covers all the Targaryen kings from Aegon I (the Conquerer) to the regency of Aegon III (the Dragonbane),” while the rest will be coming in volume two somewhere down the line. (Martin promises that he’ll get to it in a “few years,” but take that with a grain of salt.)

Martin has actually published portions of the upcoming book as standalone stories in various anthologies — The Princess and the Queen, The Rogue Prince, and The Sons of the Dragon, but Fire and Blood will mark the first time that those stories have been published in a single volume, along with plenty of new material that will continue to flesh out the history of the Targaryens, along with 80 black-and-white illustrations by artist Doug Wheatley.

Unlike the main A Song of Ice and Fire books, Fire and Blood is written as an in-universe history, purportedly written by the Archmaester Gyldayn of the Citadel, in a style that Martin’s publisher describes as channeling the “scope and grandeur of Gibbon’s The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” assuming that was something that you were looking for in your epic fantasy novels.

As someone who’s read some of the previously published novellas, I can tell you that Martin has somehow achieved the almost impossible task of making a civil war between people with dragons seem dull, with dry prose that would fit right alongside Gibbon’s famed work. Fortunately for everyone, though, not only has George R.R. Martin decided to expand this into a 640 page long book, but there’s going to be TWO of them.

As for The Winds of Winter — which I will again remind you has been anticipated since A Dance with Dragons was published back in July 2011, a seven-year gap that has seen Martin publish a different collection of Game of Thrones novellas, a different fake Game of Thrones history book, and a fake atlas for Game of Thrones — you’ll have to keep waiting, with Martin only commenting that “No, winter is not coming… not in 2018, at least.”

Fire and Blood will be out on November 20th.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Unlike the main A Song of Ice and Fire books, Fire and Blood is written as an in-universe history, purportedly written by the Archmaester Gyldayn of the Citadel, in a style that Martin’s publisher describes as channeling the “scope and grandeur of Gibbon’s The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” assuming that was something that you were looking for in your epic fantasy novels.

As someone who’s read some of the previously published novellas, I can tell you that Martin has somehow achieved the almost impossible task of making a civil war between people with dragons seem dull, with dry prose that would fit right alongside Gibbon’s famed work. Fortunately for everyone, though, not only has George R.R. Martin decided to expand this into a 640 page long book, but there’s going to be TWO of them.
    Haha. This guy's pumped (not!) about the new book, I love it.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if GRRM is stuck and can't think of a good way to end the series, so he is delaying.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The article a few posts back has an interesting theory - that GRRM never really wanted to be a novelist, he wanted to write for TV. Now that he's involved with the GOT show, maybe he's no longer as motivated to invest the time to complete two more 1000-page novels.

HBJ

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The article a few posts back has an interesting theory - that GRRM never really wanted to be a novelist, he wanted to write for TV. Now that he's involved with the GOT show, maybe he's no longer as motivated to invest the time to complete two more 1000-page novels.

HBJ
    I think this could be on point. Either way, we’ll get the ending from him. Just will be through the show.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Traveler Vegetto is on a distinguished road Vegetto's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys ever seen a PC edition of AFFC or ASOS lettered?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Signed copies up for pre-order at the Jean:

http://jeancocteaucinema.com/product...me-of-thrones/
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Signed copies up for pre-order at the Jean:

http://jeancocteaucinema.com/product...me-of-thrones/
    Thanks for the heads up!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetto View Post
    They do exist as I know a collector who has a full PC set.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    They do exist as I know a collector who has a full PC set.
    Wow hope I ever find a lettered set like that, I mean I know normal numbered/lettered are worth more in the end of the day, but a PC lettered set sounds wonderful! What you think the price of something like that is, if you had to guess?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Anyone have a spare copy SubPress Book Of Swords? I missed the sale again today!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Anyone have a spare copy SubPress Book Of Swords? I missed the sale again today!
    Look up eBay seller bookmint. he had one when I was looking the other day at issue price. Great guy (used to own Hill House Publishing)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Look up eBay seller bookmint. he had one when I was looking the other day at issue price. Great guy (used to own Hill House Publishing)
    Oh that's Peter Schneider's ebay handle? Been following him as "bindingdeals", and wondering why he hadn't listed anything in forever. He must have changed it along the way..

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I purchased Rogues from that handle and got an inscribed Stephen King Companion ARC from George Beahm. Never even asked, I was really surprised. He just got my name from the shipping address.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure bookmint is George Beahm.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yep that is correct - both binding deals and book mint great sellers and people - but yes two completely different people - never out to make a buck - just get the books to the people at great prices
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ah. Ok. So, Peter Schneider is still "bindingdeals"- he just hasn't listed anything in awhile?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My S/L Book of Swords arrived today and I realized that I never picked up the regular 1st/1st trade hardcover last Fall.
    Does anyone have a fine/mint/as new copy for sale?
    Mark Twain

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Ah. Ok. So, Peter Schneider is still "bindingdeals"- he just hasn't listed anything in awhile?
    Yes my bad. I always get them confused. Booking is Peter and will send you a signed copy of his book when you purchase from him. I have bought many things from him and really is a great guy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    My S/L Book of Swords arrived today and I realized that I never picked up the regular 1st/1st trade hardcover last Fall.
    Does anyone have a fine/mint/as new copy for sale?
    You can check with Jean Cocteau Theatre. They have signed copies and they might still be 1sts.

http://jeancocteaucinema.com/product/book-of-swords/

Country
    Country Flag

I never understand that ES for the book of swords, 300/26 some sets wont include it now like rogue any reason why subpress lowered the ES. Strange part they upped GOT and ACOK

Country
    Country Flag

I never understand that ES for the book of swords, 300/26 some sets wont include it now like rogue any reason why subpress lowered the ES. Strange part they upped GOT and ACOK
    I think it all depends upon their anthology sales - they weren't looking necessarily to match the other anthologies - I mean its nice if it works - but not really a continued series. Basically its just an anthology that GRRM has signed - how many writers are similar between the two??

Whereas there is more interest in the series itself - hence why they can increase the limitation size. I have lucked out since my numbered set is #136 - and I have been able to match the GRRM anthologies as well
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think the main reasons are that a lot of GRRM collectors don't see the books he edited as crucial, and fewer people collect anthologies anyway. Perhaps it's harder to get all contributors to sign a large number of sheets, as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast