Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading Dreamsongs II with the 2 Wild card stories in it. Are these the only stories GRRM wrote for the series and he just edited the rest? Has anyone read the series and can tell me the other good books I might start with as I liked them and want to read more?

Thanks. Greg

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

The Twilight Zone (Signed Working Scripts) " The Last Defender of Camelot"

"The Once and Future King"

" Lost and Found"

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I just finished reading Dreamsongs II with the 2 Wild card stories in it. Are these the only stories GRRM wrote for the series and he just edited the rest? Has anyone read the series and can tell me the other good books I might start with as I liked them and want to read more?

Thanks. Greg
    I've only started on the series but the best place to start is Wild Cards I (Martin is a contributor). The books are on a fixed timeline so not all the characters continue thru to the newer books. You can also start with Inside Straight which is the first book of the "reboot/continuation".

Books containing stories by Martin: Wild Cards, Aces High, Jokers Wild, Aces Abroad, Down and Dirty, Dead Man's Hand, Dealer's Choice, Black Trump, Inside Straight
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post

Thanks. Greg
    I've only started on the series but the best place to start is Wild Cards I (Martin is a contributor). The books are on a fixed timeline so not all the characters continue thru to the newer books. You can also start with Inside Straight which is the first book of the "reboot/continuation".

Books containing stories by Martin: Wild Cards, Aces High, Jokers Wild, Aces Abroad, Down and Dirty, Dead Man's Hand, Dealer's Choice, Black Trump, Inside Straight
    Thanks Becca. I will go for Wild Card I and go from there.

What do you think of the ones that you have read so far?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for a Jon Snow 1st AGOT - here is a VG+ copy - has a spine bump but is a good price:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Game-of-Th...kAAOSwCU1Yq4OE

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for a Jon Snow 1st AGOT - here is a VG+ copy - has a spine bump but is a good price:
    Thanks, Becca! This was the one Jon Snow variant I was still looking for.
    And now it's mine!!
    (Was going to give you rep points, but had to spread it elsewhere first....)

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Thanks, Becca! This was the one Jon Snow variant I was still looking for.
    And now it's mine!!
    (Was going to give you rep points, but had to spread it elsewhere first....)

sk
    Glad I could help out. Thought it was a great price.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Fair value of Fine to NF UK 1st Game of Thrones? I can't seem to get a target for this.

I did see a set on Ebay. Is this a good price?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/302275650982...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a signed copy that sold last month

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-A-GAM...AAAOSwx2dYHRHP

Unsigned, I'd still say that is an $800+ book. Sorry if I don't have a stronger number. I'm guessing Becca will chime in soon to assist.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's can another one listed at $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-R-R-M...3D302275650982

Although condition is not as good as one the in the full set you had listed. I bought mine for around $400 (I think) but that was a few years ago.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I paid around $20.00 for my UK Voyager 1st/1st.....
    That was in 1996, right upon release.
    The book's still unread (I thought I'd wait till the trilogy (!) would have been completed, somewhere around the year 2000.....Still waiting...), still in mint condition and has been signed by GRRM.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I think $700-800 is a good average. If you are patient and lucky like Chad, you can find them cheaper. Definitely make sure they are not book club editions.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thank you for all your inputs! I guess I should hang around and wait for a better deal. Too bad you didn't buy a few copies, Frik!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Too bad you didn't buy a few copies, Frik!
    Yes, definitely. I actually remember seeing the stack of books (must have been at least five) and selecting the best-looking copy.
    Of course they all looked great, but it's always fun to compare and make a whole to-do about a simple book-buying moment.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For GRR Martin collectors
    >>> http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-ma...k-a-1794744750

There are quite a few copies on ebay of "Fantastic Four #20"

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Stressed

Have anyone came across fake GRRM signed 1st? With prices of his books going north so quickly since the last years, I do worry about buying them from an unknown. Not quite as confident in spotting a fake GRRM compared to a King signature. Just wondering.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Have anyone came across fake GRRM signed 1st? With prices of his books going north so quickly since the last years, I do worry about buying them from an unknown. Not quite as confident in spotting a fake GRRM compared to a King signature. Just wondering.
    I haven't seen any on a signed first. Since there was only one printing of AGOT, the books might be too expensive for someone to want to fake a copy? I've actually only seen a few suspect GRRM signatures. It also could be that GRRM will sign almost anything and he attends a number of conventions/events every year. Plus he signs all his books thru his movie theatre.

I don't think his signature adds as much value to the book as King's does because it's just not nearly as hard to get. His 1st editions on the other hand seem to be valued a bit more than many of King's - probably due to lower 1st print runs.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Very cool!

Becca, I was in Long Beach the past weekend for Stokercon. Well, I only came to get books signed by GRRM. The 1 item signed (or 1 selfie!) rules was strictly enforced. The line had 170 people and he was done signing in 20 minutes. The signing was scheduled for 2 hours. I asked the people in charge if I may stand in the line again to get a 2nd book signed. NOPE! It's not that easy anymore to get items signed at his events.

PS: It so happen the guy standing in line next to me was the author John R.Little. We had a nice chat about his book rights being sold for a movie (Ursa Major). What a friendly and down to earth guy!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Becca, I was in Long Beach the past weekend for Stokercon. Well, I only came to get books signed by GRRM. The 1 item signed (or 1 selfie!) rules was strictly enforced. The line had 170 people and he was done signing in 20 minutes. The signing was scheduled for 2 hours. I asked the people in charge if I may stand in the line again to get a 2nd book signed. NOPE! It's not that easy anymore to get items signed at his events.

PS: It so happen the guy standing in line next to me was the author John R.Little. We had a nice chat about his book rights being sold for a movie (Ursa Major). What a friendly and down to earth guy!
    Wow, crazy. He used to sign until his time was up. You should have just snuck back in without asking

My Mood
    Stressed

Very cool!

Wow, crazy. He used to sign until his time was up. You should have just snuck back in without asking
    They gave a sticky 'star' to each person on the line which they collected at the end of the line. No one without a star was allowed into the line.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

They gave a sticky 'star' to each person on the line which they collected at the end of the line. No one without a star was allowed into the line.
    Same thing at a con He was at in AZ a few months back. 1 book only, no repeats in line. He also is starting to attend a lot less cons than he use to. I think we are at the stage where acquiring his signature will start to become more rare. He will probably continue to sign at his bookstore but if you want to get anything older signed, that will be a little more difficult.

Country
    Country Flag

I believe he's cut down on cons and signings in order to finish that "Gorilla" on his back.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

What gorilla?

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast