Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

One of these days I'm going to get around to reading these. I have an early BOTM club hardcover edition of the first volume that I bought cheap years ago.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    One of these days I'm going to get around to reading these. I have an early BOTM club hardcover edition of the first volume that I bought cheap years ago.
    I've started the first one and I like it so far. I figure I should pick them up while they are still cheap before the TV show starts production.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Feast For Crows #397 available at Camelot Books

http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...feast-of-crows

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

$1500... really this is a little crazy to me You can almost buy a complete set for 4K - 5K

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

$1500... really this is a little crazy to me You can almost buy a complete set for 4K - 5K
    The sets lately have been closer to $8-9K and Feast and Storm go for a premium - $1200-1800.

Traveler Beeblebrox is on a distinguished road Beeblebrox's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree the price is steep, but I would have considered it. But since it sold so quickly I'll never know what I would have done. I, like so many others, am missing feast and storm in my collection. I have AGOT, ADWD, ACOK and AKOTSK in #90. I've actually managed to locate the owner of SOS #90, but he's not interested in selling. Though he might be interested in trading if I ever get my hands on a copy of SOS.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I have pretty much given up thinking I may complete the subpress set now. I only have GOT and COK (plus matching Knights) but the rarity and prices of the missing books are too high to consider for now.

I finally now have a complete set of the voyager slipcase editions and the only reason I am holding onto the subpress books are that they are the only signed editions I have...but if I can get the forthcoming illustrated GOT signed (and if it looks like becoming a set) I'll probably end up selling the subpress GOT and COK in the long run.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad I jumped on a chance to get in on the Sub Press set when I did. Camelot was offering a PC copy of ASoS along with a numbered copy of ACOK with future rights. Seeing all 5 Sub Press releases on the shelf (waiting on Knights to be sent out) is a wonderful thing. If I could just find the Storm of Swords to match my set...

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on record saying the SP editions of GRRM's books are all ugly as sin anyway. Total lack of uniformity and some of the art is just atrocious.

You're better off saving your shekels.
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ValHallAwaits View Post
    I'm on record saying the SP editions of GRRM's books are all ugly as sin anyway. Total lack of uniformity and some of the art is just atrocious.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I love my SP set and think they look lovely. I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of uniformity though? They are all the same size consisting of 2-volume sets. Very similar to the Grant DT limiteds. The art is amazing and it's hard for me to pick a favorite but Feast and Clash are up there. I will state that there are a few missteps along the way, like not foil stamping ASOS slipcase, but overall SP does a nice job.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The price of camelots numbered subpress set is a wee bit on the high side at 12.5K. I like my set - but I lucked out too and bought a complete set a few years back from someone who also had a lettered set (looks like a bargain when I got mine) - plus it has the MM books and Bill's been able to match all of the other peripheral books too (like knights and Rogues). I don't mind the obscure rainbow of the slipcased set - breaks up the monotony of some of my other sets

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I love my SP set and think they look lovely. I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of uniformity though? They are all the same size consisting of 2-volume sets. Very similar to the Grant DT limiteds. The art is amazing and it's hard for me to pick a favorite but Feast and Clash are up there. I will state that there are a few missteps along the way, like not foil stamping ASOS slipcase, but overall SP does a nice job.
    Any chance we could ask Bill if he'd ever do a foil stamped case for ASOS?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I have pretty much given up thinking I may complete the subpress set now. I only have GOT and COK (plus matching Knights) but the rarity and prices of the missing books are too high to consider for now.

I finally now have a complete set of the voyager slipcase editions and the only reason I am holding onto the subpress books are that they are the only signed editions I have...but if I can get the forthcoming illustrated GOT signed (and if it looks like becoming a set) I'll probably end up selling the subpress GOT and COK in the long run.
    http://www.jeancocteaubooks.com/book...ion-pre-order/

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I'm a fonts nazi. The font seems to change with every book and to me that's a cardinal sin of graphic design. Couple that with some art which looks cartoony and some which looks fairy tale and they get a pass from me. As noted elsewhere in the thread the lack of foil stamping on one of the volumes also does give me eye twitches. /shrug
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    The price of camelots numbered subpress set is a wee bit on the high side at 12.5K. I like my set - but I lucked out too and bought a complete set a few years back from someone who also had a lettered set (looks like a bargain when I got mine) - plus it has the MM books and Bill's been able to match all of the other peripheral books too (like knights and Rogues). I don't mind the obscure rainbow of the slipcased set - breaks up the monotony of some of my other sets
    Remember DT doesn't have matching slipcases either, although they are more drab

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I'm a fonts nazi. The font seems to change with every book and to me that's a cardinal sin of graphic design. Couple that with some art which looks cartoony and some which looks fairy tale and they get a pass from me. As noted elsewhere in the thread the lack of foil stamping on one of the volumes also does give me eye twitches. /shrug
    It's the nature of these small press limited editions, and even the trade editions. I personally like the eclectic feel of them. They are produced over a long period of years and design styles change. I don't have a set of books that are consistent unless they were published all at once (like the Harper slipcased books or the white UK trade reprints). I would rather have unique looking titles on my shelves than a row of clones, but that's just me. (And I'm a graphic designer.)

The ASOS slipcase was a big production oversight and was supposed to be stamped. It would be great if one is offered in the future.

Traveler marakh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I have been looking for a copy of ASOS Subpress for almost 4 years now. I would definitely take a PC copy now since getting my number (#303) has become a pipe dream...

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I emailed them last week about international shipping and didn't get a reply. Just sent a gentle chaser...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny enough I have AGOT ACOK and ASOS but cannot find AFFC and ADWD for a good price any where. Just gonna let it ride out until the series completes then go back and find them.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Funny enough I have AGOT ACOK and ASOS but cannot find AFFC and ADWD for a good price any where. Just gonna let it ride out until the series completes then go back and find them.
    You have a lot of patience. I think that series is years and years from completion.

Country
    Country Flag

Leaving off discussions about taste and design, does anyone know where one might order a signed UK edition of the illustrated AGOT?
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Altered Carbon Letter X

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Ender's Game S/N

Traveler marakh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You have a lot of patience. I think that series is years and years from completion.
    At least you get to buy the remaining 2 books at under $300

Country
    Country Flag

Leaving off discussions about taste and design, does anyone know where one might order a signed UK edition of the illustrated AGOT?
    I haven't found anywhere yet so contacted Jean Cocteu (see becca's link above)

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I emailed them last week about international shipping and didn't get a reply. Just sent a gentle chaser...
    Sometimes it takes a few emails before they get back to you. I would just try again.

Country
    Country Flag

There's a full matching lettered set (BB) for sale on Ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Song-of-Ic...gAAOSwFe5Xzb1M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast