Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great experience! Please post the pics!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

And that silver arc!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

will do

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So, here goes. My CA score

under the silver 1st ed dj

My homade one of a king shirt signed

my game of thrones signed teaser chapter book.

all in all an awesome trip!!! and last but not least the highlight of meeting MR Martin......

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool Simon. So which ARC came first... the one I have with the different dust jacket or yours with the foil? Do you know the story on the different versions? I would think the silver foil dj had to come after if that's what they used for the trade edition, although it states uncorrected page proofs and mine says advanced readers copy. I'm so confused!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ill have to research it. grrm told me the one he signed in the pic was worth $1000 but im pretty sure they are all worth about that.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great photos, Simon, especially that last one with the man himself!

I want one of your shirts.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome pics Simon, GRATS!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw this on Ebay if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150848648294...9#ht_500wt_873

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested, but I can't afford what I'm sure is to be a high final price

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it'll go much higher than the starting bid.

sk

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know...an unnumbered copy was sold a few weeks ago for $510. I'm sure there will be a lot of snipers at the end of this auction.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

shhhh. been watching it for a couple of days
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're not alone....

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

I'm new to posting pics so I apologize ahead of time if this doesn't work.
    Here's my G.R.R.M. pride and joy:

Country
    Country Flag

You're not interested in selling, I guess??

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    You're not interested in selling, I guess??

sk
    Haha. Thanks.

Probably not for some time. The letters match but I had to piece them together from three different sources. I also collect some of the original art used in making them...so I'll probably be hanging onto them for a while.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I blame each and everyone of you and your fantastic collections, and maybe HBO and HPB, for giving me the Ice and Fire collecting bug. So, I need some info. I am trying to start out with the Harper Voyager t UK slipcased "trade". And I was fine til Feast of Crows. What is the difference in the signed blue and red slipcased ones and if you were going to pick up one, which would you get first? Thanks.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, chrise!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default answer

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I blame each and everyone of you and your fantastic collections, and maybe HBO and HPB, for giving me the Ice and Fire collecting bug. So, I need some info. I am trying to start out with the Harper Voyager t UK slipcased "trade". And I was fine til Feast of Crows. What is the difference in the signed blue and red slipcased ones and if you were going to pick up one, which would you get first? Thanks.
    The red slipcased crows is the only one like it. compareable to Dark tower it would be like that Rogue Uk s/l of wizard and glass but not as cool I would stick to the blue set if your heart is set on getting those first, otherwise i would try to get the US 1st edition 1st printing by Bantom, and work your way toward game. I would rather have a 1st/1st by bantom or the Uk of Game than the entire 5 book set by Voyager. My opinion. I do know the 1st/1st of game is flying up in value rapidly.

Country
    Country Flag

The blue slipcased editions from Voyager are not signed. I hope Voyager decides to eventually do the final two books in the same format, otherwise the first five will look very out of place on your shelf. I have the first one, but I'm not thrilled with it, so I didn't get the others.

I agree with Simon - start with the 1/1 editions of the UK releases and then if you really want to keep going, go for the 1/1 UK editions. Other than the red Feast for Crows, you will be hard-pressed to find single signed/limited editions of the Meisha Merlin or Sub Press books for sale

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the answers.
    Eric, there really is a signed blue slipcase - no sigil (spelling?)on it. Here's the link to amazon.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feast-For-Cr...mm_hrd_title_5
    (Oh, a little off topic - I've noticed hyprlinks don't show up a different color or underlined so sometimes it's difficult to know there is something to click on, or maybe it's just my display?)

sgc1999, I actually did find a US 1/1 at the local used bookstore for 10.99. That is what really got me going. I did get the Dance with Dragons, but need the other US and all the UK trades. After I saw the HBO previews I got the PBs and loved the series. I think I may start with the red one since you say it's the odd one.

I'm heading out of town, will think aout it driving and let you know which one I decide to get..

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the answers.
    Eric, there really is a signed blue slipcase - no sigil (spelling?)on it. Here's the link to amazon.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feast-For-Cr...mm_hrd_title_5
    (Oh, a little off topic - I've noticed hyprlinks don't show up a different color or underlined so sometimes it's difficult to know there is something to click on, or maybe it's just my display?)
    That's the red one from years ago - totally different than the recent blue reissues:

Here is a link to the blue one, which matches the other blue reissues

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Song-Ice-Fir..._bxgy_b_text_b

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya that one is like a lost red headed step child. Nobody is really looking for him but if they happen to bump into him, what the hell, right.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know nothing of Martin's books, but found A Game of Throne S/L still sealed for $175. Is this a good price? I didn't pick it up, but might if it's a bargain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast