Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

John F. Kennedy Rugger will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have to agree with becca and ELazansky on this. I have never seen a PC copy of any book that included future rights. The problem being that there is no guarentee that there will be the same amount of copies left over for game as there was for clash. It's my understanding that extra copies are produced in case there are any problems with a lettered or numbered edition. Once all of the lettered and numbered are sent out they may be left with a handful of copies which then become PC copies. It is also common practice for sub press to just reopen the original product page to sell the PC copies. I could see how this may be confusing but I think Bill is under the impression that most people just realize a PC copy doesn't include future rights. Maybe I am way out in left field here, but that is how I see things. In the end Bill has the final say so contacting him would be your best bet. He is a very reasonable fellow and I'm sure you could work something out with him. Whatever happens I am interested in hearing the outcome. Best of luck to ya priest.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's too late now, but last week George RR Martin did offer the possibility to buy the fact of being a character in his next book, and be killed with a grisly death.
    The cost was $ 20K and "As The Hollywood Reporter notes, the two contest spots were nabbed within hours, with eight others added to a waiting list in hopes of an epic slaying."

>>> http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...l-off-20140611
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It's too late now, but last week George RR Martin did offer the possibility to buy the fact of being a character in his next book, and be killed with a grisly death.
    The cost was $ 20K and "As The Hollywood Reporter notes, the two contest spots were nabbed within hours, with eight others added to a waiting list in hopes of an epic slaying."

>>> http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...l-off-20140611
    That's insane. I didn't think they would sell that quickly (or at all) for that price. Dang! Looks like all the big ticket items are gone. He also raised the goal since it was reached so quickly. Those wolves will be livin' large!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do George Martin make "regularly" some signing?
    Because... well, he'll be visiting France (about 2h away from Paris). The shite part being... it's a THURSDAY, signature from 2pm to 6pm.
    That's quite a big timeslot, but it's not really a big city. On a thursday.

Even though I havent read any of his books, it's shite that it's on a thursday when I gave my notice and cant really take anymore day off, i guess...
    There is even a contest to win a VIP meeting with the author.

It's a middle size city, and even if there will be Game of Thrones events the night before and stuff, I wouldnt really by surprised if the 4h timeslot is kind of wasted as... "empty". For instance, when Orson Scott Card (which is quite famous too!), was in Paris in september (?), I went to the bookstore and I literally had to wait... 2 minutes before getting a book signed!

Actually... I'm gonna ask my contact at the publisher if maybe they could get me a signed book.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

George goes to a lot of Conventions. I've seen him twice since last October. I'm not sure how often he goes to France but he does go to Europe quite a bit. I bet part of that signing time will actually be a reading or Q&A or both. He read a bit of the new History of Westeros book coming out when I was at CarolinaCon a few weeks ago and that took up about 1 hour.

If you can somehow get out of work, I would go

PS - And start reading

Country
    Country Flag

I already have a big pile of books to read and an even longer pile of books to buy and read. Being not interested by reading GoT i will pass. But will try to get 1 or 2 signed books.

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone get the Lettered edition of ACOKs from Camelot this morning?

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

I finally decided to list my lettered set on eBay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151327479658

I'll let you all know what happens.
    If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

what letter is it?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    what letter is it?

Letter N.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I have a conundrum. I'm thinking of selling my set of SoIF 1st editions. All of them are signed. All are in great to slightly less great shape. The first two books are signed to me. The other three are flat signed.
    Not sure if I really want to sell them. But I figure interest is at an all time high. And money's tight with me being out of work for four years. And my wife losing her job soon.

What would y'all do?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I have a conundrum. I'm thinking of selling my set of SoIF 1st editions. All of them are signed. All are in great to slightly less great shape. The first two books are signed to me. The other three are flat signed.
    Not sure if I really want to sell them. But I figure interest is at an all time high. And money's tight with me being out of work for four years. And my wife losing her job soon.

What would y'all do?
    I would keep the personalized copies (plus those are the hardest to get) and sell the other 3 that are flatsigned.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely keep the ones inscribed to you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

This is the best quiz I've seen on FB!

http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/got_character

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What would be a reasonable price to pay for the Sub press ACOK w/ rights for GoT? What was the issue price?

Country
    Country Flag

I think issue price was $275?? I can't really remember. The lowest I've seen it so far is $700. That's a fair price. All the others are way over valued IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

Proud to finally call this edition my own. Was able to get it on a counter offer for less than the last one I tried to bid on. Still pricier than I would have liked but only 1500 copies of this were printed.

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I think issue price was $275?? I can't really remember. The lowest I've seen it so far is $700. That's a fair price. All the others are way over valued IMO.
    Thanks Becca!! If anyone here has one they are looking to sell w/ rights to GoT please PM me.

Thanks,
    Greg

Country
    Country Flag

Nice !

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Becca - that's one gorgeous book.
    I bought one myself way back in 1996, assuming this would be the first part of a trilogy, ready to be read around the year 2000, on completion of the series.
    (I never start reading a series before it's finished.)
    And here we are, almost 20 years later, waiting for book VI.
    And yes, mine are still unread.....

sk

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Skip ahead to 13:30 on the clock....goes to about 14:10 - too funny

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I bought one myself way back in 1996, assuming this would be the first part of a trilogy, ready to be read around the year 2000, on completion of the series.

sk
    I would love to have your pristine copy - you're sitting on a gold mine

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    What would be a reasonable price to pay for the Sub press ACOK w/ rights for GoT? What was the issue price?
    Issue price was $295. I think between $700-$800 is about right for a fair value. I wouldn't pay $1000 that some people are asking even though I believe both book swill be worth that or more eventually.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    I would love to have your pristine copy - you're sitting on a gold mine
    Of course I also purchased books II and III. These first three editions go so well together and are absolutely gorgeous editions.
    And then came A Feast For Crows: such a disappointment (dj-wise). I just wish whoever's responsible would have kept the look of the first three.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast