Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info everyone.
    The US firsts will be going on my list of 2013 collecting goals. I have most of the UK slipcased editions currently on order, so those are first, then it's onto the US editions in a couple of months.

One question on the GOT first, I see there's a BCE with the same cover art. Is the BCE also metallic silver? Looking at Becca's photos in this thread the throne seems to be embossed in the first edition. Is it that way on the BCE as well?
    I've also seen a few people listing the size of the book in their auctions, so I'm assuming the BCE must be smaller?
    Mark Twain

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Only the true first printing is shiny metallic silver not dull silver and its the only one with raised letters on the cover.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

And the BCE is smaller. It's cover in person looks gray and very flat.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Make sure to look for the GoT that doesn't have that picture of Jon on the horse. The original 1st/1st had the silver cover with the throne in the background. Some dealers like to pass off the other version as a true first. It's really mislabeled IMHO on the publication page also. I expect you could find an unsigned for no more than $100 if you look hard. Maybe less.
    AGoT with the illlustrated dust jacket isn't mislabeled... it's a second edition, not a second printing, so it has it's own number line.
    actually just went through my collection to see what printing my Jon snow cover Bantam is and its a first edition first printing with a full number line. Im pretty sure this is much more rare than the regular cover version as it is the first one I have ever seen and I don't see the 2nd printings very often as well. I have a sneaking suspicion these may be nice collectables in the years to come.. So I wouldn't say the Jon snow cover is worth less. Anyway I will do more research and any info would be appreciated.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the Jon Snow cover is rare. Some sell for more than the silver dust jacket. This book had a few printings as I have a 1st printing and a 3rd printing. I'm not sure how many printings it went into before they changed it again. The illustrator also told me the dust jacket was pretty rare.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the UK is getting another hardcover reissue later this month. I wonder what qualifies it as a "special edition."

I kind of like the simplicity of the cover illustration, but I would be interested to see if/how they carried that style through the rest of the series.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

I do like the illustration. I always wonder if they will finish out the series when they do this... like the UK slipcased editions?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they finish the UK slipcased editions since I currently have most of the on the way to me. Just need to find AGOT at a decent price, which is tough since I'm not even finding copies for sale.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I can't believe how expensive it is. I got mine from amazon uk at less than issue price.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Aah! I just missed one tonight for $60.
    Got the notification while I was driving home in the snow storm. By the time I actually got home and saw the notice, it was sold.
    At least it was only listed as VG/VG condition.
    Mark Twain

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid a pretty penny for mine, it is signed though. Think $250 range for one of those.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I hope they finish the UK slipcased editions since I currently have most of the on the way to me. Just need to find AGOT at a decent price, which is tough since I'm not even finding copies for sale.
    PM if you're interested in one.

Country
    Country Flag

Geez, I think I only paid around $34 with free shipping. And I think I got it from Book Depository, not Amazon. I'm guessing it only had the 1 printing? It's not available on Amazon any longer.

I still need to pick up books 4 & 5. I'm just wondering if I waited too long and they are no longer 1st printings?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have the slipcased edition of books 4 & 5 in a few days. I'll let you know if they are firsts or not. Book three arrived on Wednesday and that one was.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

That would be great. Thanks!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just had to share this with someone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Game-of-Th...item20d0068e94

Country
    Country Flag

What is that, a book club with a fake sig???

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

terrible!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

S/L #118 of books 2-5 plus rights just hit ebay.

If only I had money to burn.
    Mark Twain

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ack...
    Car for sale...call me, hehe.
    Very nice.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hah!
    On another board I saw a collector mention that he was considering selling his matched lettered set of books 1-5 (letter F) with a starting price of $16,000.
    That last lettered sales he saw were for the first 4 books and those were in the $15,000 range.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice set with all the extras! Wonder what it will go for. It's tempting for a matched set.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

My local B&N had their recent slipcased Gift edition of GoT in their bargin section for $7.98.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is interesting.
    It looks like the UK Feast S/L, but the limitation page is numbered out of 300 instead of 1000.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Mine is one of 1000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast