Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad I was able to get A Feast for Crows with rights going forward...still sucks I won't have A Storm of Swords once it is all said and done with the future new books and the re-releases by Sub Press of the first 2 books. *sigh*

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you will eventually find one. Just takes patience and a bit of luck! I'm totally fine with a non-matching copy. I've heard there are some out there that refuse to trade or sell to match a set even if they only have one book. So my advice is to pick one up when you can!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if everyone reads George's "Not A Blog," but this was an interesting post:

George has, in the past, been happy to sign books or memorabilia for fans who were willing to ship them to him. Unfortunately, in recent months, primarily due to the success of the HBO show, the volume of incoming items has gotten too high. This is primarily due to resellers who want to get George's signature on things they then sell on eBay or through other channels.

To put a stop to this so that it doesn't take up so much time, I'm implementing the following policy for signatures:

* Any package sent to this office that has not been pre-arranged with our office administrator at grrmbooks@gmail.com will be refused and returned unopened.

* Items unrelated to George's work will not be signed (yes, I'm talking to you guy who sent us a giant box of baseballs to be signed)

* All signature requests must include the name of the person for whom the item is being signed, and will be personalized at George's discretion. No sending us 20 books "just signatures please"

* If you are a book dealer looking for signatures for your store, contact the office administrator at the above email address and we'll see if we can help you.

If you're a legitimate fan that wants a book signed, please contact us and we'll help you arrange that. If you want George to sign a hundred book plates so you can sell them on eBay for grossly inflated prices, sorry, you're out of luck.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for the Barnes and Noble exclusive slipcased edition of book one, it's currently $15 through their website vs. $50 instore.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-ga...=9780307292094

And here’s a coupon for 30% off one item, good through tomorrow.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/....asp?PID=45698
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

thx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    If anyone is looking for the Barnes and Noble exclusive slipcased edition of book one, it's currently $15 through their website vs. $50 instore.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-ga...=9780307292094

And here’s a coupon for 30% off one item, good through tomorrow.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/....asp?PID=45698

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post

Just got this addition in today. Very excited. I love to see the series grow.
    I have a question for you Chrise - Do both volumes in your lettered Dance have brown boards? Wondering because there are some PC versions showing up that have a brown volume one and a tan volume 2.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post

Just got this addition in today. Very excited. I love to see the series grow.
    I have a question for you Chrise - Do both volumes in your lettered Dance have brown boards? Wondering because there are some PC versions showing up that have a brown volume one and a tan volume 2.
    Sorry, I didn't see your question until now.
    Yes, both boards are the same color.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I saw an email from SP that their recycling center might have resold them and put together sets from discarded books and slipcases

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Listed my dragon egg from the Season 1 blu-ray set on ebay if anyone is interested.
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Listed my dragon egg from the Season 1 blu-ray set on ebay if anyone is interested.
    Like it's a "TMSG"???? Really???? LOL LOL LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi bidder, back of, hehe
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Garrell, I was just wondering yesterday how you were. Haven't heard from you in a while.
    Good to see your still alive and Kickin

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    TMSG pales in comparison to The Dragon Egg!
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    TMSG pales in comparison to The Dragon Egg!
    I went as high as $20 and probably would have gone higher, but the listing was pulled at $34, I think. Hope you found a good home and are happy with the price!!! My Son, would have liked it as he is a HUGE "GOT" fan!!! Best to you "Scoogs"!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Respectfully seeking a Signed/Numbered Limited Edition of the Sub Press A Storm of Swords

I own #218 + rights and would love to find that number. (I heard it was sold and went out of the USA, though)

I also own ADwD #346 and would love to locate a ASoS 346.

I'd be perfectly happy to purchase ANY numbered edition OR a Publishers Copy, however.

I just really want to complete a set!

Also interested in ANY GRRM Collectibles and specifically S/N LE Books that would match my number of #218 or #346
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What price ranges should I expect to pay for unsigned copies of the US 1st/1sts of all 5 books?

Also, any tips on correctly identifying them or is it just he standard full numberline on the copyright page?
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Make sure to look for the GoT that doesn't have that picture of Jon on the horse. The original 1st/1st had the silver cover with the throne in the background. Some dealers like to pass off the other version as a true first. It's really mislabeled IMHO on the publication page also. I expect you could find an unsigned for no more than $100 if you look hard. Maybe less.

Books 2 shouldn't run you more $75. I wouldn't pay more than cover on books 3-5.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Make sure to look for the GoT that doesn't have that picture of Jon on the horse. The original 1st/1st had the silver cover with the throne in the background. Some dealers like to pass off the other version as a true first. It's really mislabeled IMHO on the publication page also. I expect you could find an unsigned for no more than $100 if you look hard. Maybe less.
    I have never collected these, but the GoT silver cover seems like it would be a nightmare (Scratch easy?) to find in good condition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    AGoT with the illlustrated dust jacket isn't mislabeled... it's a second edition, not a second printing, so it has it's own number line.

Ahh! I've actually haven't seen one in a awhile, just too many dealers trying to pass it off as one.

Country
    Country Flag

It's actually very collectible too. I don't think they printed very many either.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    It's actually very collectible too. I don't think they printed very many either.

I agree the art cover is very scarce too. A great collectable! A first edition GOT in fine of nf is going to run about $300 if you can get one for less its probly only in VG condition. unless your VERY lucky and stumble on one nobody caught on there radar
    Clash is now running around $100 and no dought all of these will keep going up until the HBO series is done. If you can grab all 5 for less than $600 in nf condition your doing good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast