Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Becca,

What do you think of the book?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't gotten a response to the email I sent on Friday. All I can do is wait...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Hey Becca,

It's a nice little book with a few illustrations inside. It's similar to the Capclave book, Skin Trade. I just glanced at it. I'll have to go back and take a good look. It's only $40.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of picking up a copy of the UK Voyager slipcased Deluxe Edition of A Storm of Swords...

What does everyone think of these editions? Overall Quality? Whats a good Price? Will it last?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have the other books in the set? I would only suggest getting it if you plan to get the set. Otherwise, I would use the money towards a nice UK 1st. The books are fairly nice but don't have any illustrations or special features other than a slipcase/different binding. I think they are overpriced in general but that's because the print runs were fairly low. They are pretty sturdy but they do ding/mark easily.

You can see them on the top shelf. I haven't taken any better pics.

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hey Becca,

It's a nice little book with a few illustrations inside. It's similar to the Capclave book, Skin Trade. I just glanced at it. I'll have to go back and take a good look. It's only $40.
    I received mine finally. It's tiny and skinny, lol.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have the other books in the set? I would only suggest getting it if you plan to get the set. Otherwise, I would use the money towards a nice UK 1st. The books are fairly nice but don't have any illustrations or special features other than a slipcase/different binding. I think they are overpriced in general but that's because the print runs were fairly low. They are pretty sturdy but they do ding/mark easily.

Of course you have the Steven Youll FFC cover...that's an awesome collection congrats!

(But no AGOT/COK SP editions?)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Of course you have the Steven Youll FFC cover...that's an awesome collection congrats!

And those three ARC's are awesome as well. I'm still hunting for my Jon Snow cover! And I would I agree with Becca, UK 1sts are much more valuable, beautiful and better collectors items
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

And those three ARC's are awesome as well. I'm still hunting for my Jon Snow cover! And I would I agree with Becca, UK 1sts are much more valuable, beautiful and better collectors items
    Why are the UK 1st so much more valuable and collectable? I though the series was published originally in the US.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Why are the UK 1st so much more valuable and collectable? I though the series was published originally in the US.
    According to http://www.georgerrmartin.com/for-fans/faq/:

"There have been five hardcover editions of A GAME OF THRONES published in English to date.

The Bantam 1996 edition was the true first, as I see things. It had a silver foil cover with an embossed throne but no other illustration. That one has become quite valuable, and seems to sell for $200 to $600 (depending on condition), the last time I checked.

The HarperCollins/ Voyager 1996 edition was the British first. Its official publication date was earlier than that of the Bantam edition, but Bantam went to print several months early to hand out copies at the ABA, so I consider theirs the true first. However, the British edition had a much smaller print run. As a consequence, it is much rarer, and even more valuable. I’ve seen it selling for anywhere from $800 to $1500 on the internet.

Then came the SF Book Club edition. A smaller size hardcover, it used the Bantam cover, but was a dull grey instead of bright silver. You see this one listed on ebay frequently. Some sellers are honest enough to list it as the SFBC edition. Others just call it the “hardcover,” trying to pass it off as the first. You can join the SFBC and get the book for around $12 even now, so it’s foolish to pay $50 or more for the same thing on ebay.

The Meisha Merlin limited edition was slipcased, signed, and numbered, and featured artwork by Jeffrey Jones and Charles Keegan. That came out in 2001. It was limited to 52 lettered copies and 448 numbered. The lettered are all sold out, but numbered copies remain available from Meisha Merlin at $250. It is easily the most beautiful edition of the novel, a real treat for a collector who loves fine books"

So it seems the UK edition was published first but the US were printed earlier...

Country
    Country Flag

Becca is one true expert on GRRM here! But from what I understand UK edition came out a few months before US 1st and was done in much smaller run - like 1500 copies or so. I was commenting on Deluxe slipcase version vs true UK 1st - but I know a lot of people like either or both!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

That's an old photo. I do have a full MM/SP set. I also have quite a few others... I'll take another pic and post it.

I also just bought a very cheap copy of UK AGOT proof. It's only in good condition but for £70, I'm ok with that. When it shows up, I'll post it.

Country
    Country Flag

Not on shelves: Lettered & limited Fevre Dream, Legends II S/L, AGOT DJ proof 1 of 7

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 08:12 AM.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man I just wanna hang out in your library for a day!

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Serious book envy...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^No doubt.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a 1st 1st Bantam US edition of A Storm of Swords on order.

Can anyone provide me with the measurements of the book (Preferably with a brodart cover)?

I would like to order a slipcase from Jeff while I am waiting for th ebook to arrive.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a 1st 1st Bantam US edition of A Storm of Swords on order.

Can anyone provide me with the measurements of the book (Preferably with a brodart cover)?

I would like to order a slipcase from Jeff while I am waiting for th ebook to arrive.
    He should have them on file. I sent him all the deminsions when I was creating the cases. You might just check with him. If you look up thread there are examples of all the cases

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going with the cases that have the "A Song of Ice and Fire" on the sides.

I checked with Jeff and he asked that I send him the measurements.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently away or I'd help you out.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what i sent him when I created them.

Jeff,
    I measured them all with the same depth and height of 6.5"x9.625" or 16.5 cm x 24.5cm. That should match your standard case that you do for the SK books. Below are the thicknesses of the books. I will need 2 full sets and 2 extra GOT. Next to the name is how many of it I will need. Also a since they are the same design if you could just note which is which inside in pencil that would be great.

- GOT COK SOS FFC DWD
    Inches 1.75 1.875 2.25 1.625 2.125
    cm 4.5 4.8 5.7 4.1 5.3

EDIT we did end up changing the height to 242mm rather than 245 though everything else was perfect.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a US 1st 1st A Clash of Kings signed by Martin (not a bookplate) in FINE condition.

PM me if you have one for sale or know of one for sale.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Also looking for a signed 1st 1st of Game of Thrones.

Traveler Beeblebrox is on a distinguished road Beeblebrox's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I'm quite new to the forum. Just wondering what you guys would consider a fair price for 'Legends II'?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast