+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86
Results 2,126 to 2,146 of 2146

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    It sure is -- I'm very pleased with it, especially at the list price.
    Yep - got one too, very reasonable price, might need to read a few w caleb
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

I don't know if any GRRM fans would be interested in this set simply because it has one of his chapbooks, but if so, let me know and I'll provide the order info.

Are these signed?
    Wanted:

Any Sk art portfolios
    Lsoe gift
    Salem's Lot Prints and Traycase!

ANY SK S/l #54 or #464

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I don't know if any GRRM fans would be interested in this set simply because it has one of his chapbooks, but if so, let me know and I'll provide the order info.

Are these signed?
    No
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Goldmember Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

This is a really cool looking set regardless
    Wanted:

Any Sk art portfolios
    Lsoe gift

ANY SK S/l #54 or #464

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

Correct -- not signed. Also not numbered...so I have no idea what the limitation of this set is. The promotional copy states that the box is handmade, so I suspect it can't be a lot, but who knows...a few hundred, perhaps? Could be a lot more, though, I suppose, depending on one's definition of "handmade"...

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

Correct -- not signed. Also not numbered...so I have no idea what the limitation of this set is. The promotional copy states that the box is handmade, so I suspect it can't be a lot, but who knows...a few hundred, perhaps? Could be a lot more, though, I suppose, depending on one's definition of "handmade"...
    An update to this: My curiousity got the best of me and I emailed them to try and find out the limitation...for those interested, this is what I was told: "We printed 2,000 copies, but it is a one-time print run, so once these copies are gone, there won’t ever be any new ones made."

So there you go: 2000 limitation. More than I would have anticipated, but probaby helps account for the modest price, since as we all know volume drives down costs.

Weedeater ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm interested because of the Matheson book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So is anyone going to post a link for prospective purchasers?

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So is anyone going to post a link for prospective purchasers?
    I was wondering that myself.
    Wanted:

Any Sk art portfolios
    Lsoe gift

ANY SK S/l #54 or #464

Here is the post I made on another forum...it has the link and more pictures to help with the decision:

GHOST BOX is a collection of single-story chapbooks of individualized cover design by authors both classic and contemporary:

H. F. Arnold
    Dennis Etchison
    Adam Corbin Fusco
    W. F. Harvey
    Arthur Machen
    George R. R. Martin
    Richard Matheson
    Michael Reaves
    Al Sarrantonio
    Clark Ashton Smith
    Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

I don't typically go for projects like this that border on the gimmicky, but based on pics I had seen and the list of authors selected I made an exception in this case and I'm extremely glad I did. The production values, the conceptual design and attention to detail, of this thing is off the chart for the price paid. The promotional material describe it thusly: "Each handmade box features a matte-black finish, an iridescent colour-shifting foil stamp on top, and a magnetized lid. The booklets have debossed design details and are bound with brass staples." It is neither signed nor numbered and I've no idea what the limitation is, but it is at its core a work of mass-market art by a duo of publishing-design artists (https://www.hingstonandolsen.com/publisher/ ).

The box is about the size of a standard paperback:

Once open, there is a complementary design of the cover blocks underneath the lid, and a short note from Patton Oswalt, editor and comedian (and horror fiction fan), atop the chapbooks:

Small details like a cutout to lift up the chapbooks out of the box attest to the thoughtful quality imbued in this item:

Inside are eleven chapbooks, each and every one in my mind a winner...very much looking forward to reading both those I've read before and those I've not. In addition, a poem penned by Lovecraft is pasted on the bottom of the box, thus offering a total of twelve different works. From a collector and Matheson fan standpoint, I'm particularly thrilled to actually have a chapbook of Matheson's titular story from his debut collection:

The publisher's exemplary production qualities continue in the page design, generous margin spacing, and style and size of font selected, offering a comfortable reading experience:

All of this for just over $30, once the Canadian-to-US-dollar conversion is factored in. It's a deal at twice the price. If you want your own GHOST BOX, the page for it is here:

https://www.hingstonandolsen.com/store/the-ghost-box

Weedeater ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered one. Some entity took over my body and I just couldn't help myself.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ditto. Looks like my kind of production. Thanks all for the pics and info. Where did everyone initially find out about this? Fascinated by that..

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Ditto. Looks like my kind of production. Thanks all for the pics and info. Where did everyone initially find out about this? Fascinated by that..
    An author I follow on Twitter (not one of the contributing authors) mentioned it and posted a pic with his tweet. Had I not seen that, I wouldn't have been aware of it, either.

Citizen of Gilead swintek will become famous soon enough swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    An author I follow on Twitter (not one of the contributing authors) mentioned it and posted a pic with his tweet. Had I not seen that, I wouldn't have been aware of it, either.
    Interesting. Thanks again. Love these Not-the-Usual-Suspects kind of thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 will become famous soon enough Anubis2347 will become famous soon enough Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking to sell:

$275 PP Gift

Rogues – Subterranean Press Signed Limited Edition
    Book and slipcase are in Fine unread condition

George RR Martin, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, and many more…

PM me with offers.

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any ballpark on what one of these would go for? The top of the spine has just a slight smush.
    A Game of Thrones 1 HC 1st ED Stephen Yeull Jon Snow VG

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Any ballpark on what one of these would go for? The top of the spine has just a slight smush.
    $150?

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hard to say without pics.
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would pay 300-400 for fine / fine signed Jon Snow cover. Have yet to get one in condition that satisfies me. it's always the dust jacket or spine...

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hard to say without pics.

Looking for lettered Subterranean Press:

First Law Trilogy including other books
    Carlos Zafon Trilogy
    Hunter's Run by GRRM
    Richard Morgan's Altered Carbon
    And
    Centipede Press Wolfe matching set

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I thought they might be a lot more than the solid silver one, but it looks like it should be less.

Weedeater WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all WeDealInLead is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86