Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some new shots from Folio Society:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByNCOqHA...d=n9n80e73h9r2
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I would really like to hear when anyone receives these if they met their expectations.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I would really like to hear when anyone receives these if they met their expectations.
    I was thinking the same - does that map look kinda cheap to you?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    FWIW:

I won't be buying the FS AGOT so I will never be able to personally confirm this, but re: concerns such as this: FS doesn't use cheap paper, and generally when something looks a bit weak or cheap in photos, people who buy them say the photos don't do them justice (FS buyers post a lot of info on librarything.com and aren't shy about what they do and don't like). This is not to say you will all like this map, but hopefully it provides an idea of what you might expect if you're considering buying this.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    FWIW:

I won't be buying the FS AGOT so I will never be able to personally confirm this, but re: concerns such as this: FS doesn't use cheap paper, and generally when something looks a bit weak or cheap in photos, people who buy them say the photos don't do them justice (FS buyers post a lot of info on librarything.com and aren't shy about what they do and don't like). This is not to say you will all like this map, but hopefully it provides an idea of what you might expect if you're considering buying this.
    I pre ordered and will post my findings here.
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...I would like to add that the FS AGOT is going to begin shipping on July 16; buyer feedback will be available shortly after that.

Although it's tough to know for sure, my guess is that this will not sell out prior to that (I doubt you'd have to commit to buying before seeing what others think of the production).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    I pre ordered and will post my findings here.
    That'll do it!

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Flesk Publishing's book on GRRM's ASOIAF artworks by Gary Gianni is available for Pre-order now!

For the super collectors, Flesk is also issuing "signed deluxe edition" with a limited run of 500.

It does not really fall into the esteemed limited/lettered category, but nonetheless, this little portfolio of illustrations should be a feast for eyes.

I already preordered mine

For your reference, I am posting excerpts from their site;

Afterword by George R. R. Martin
    Introduction by Cullen Murphy
    Art by Gary Gianni
    Designed and edited by Marcelo Anciano
    The Hardcover edition is 304 pages
    The Deluxe signed edition is 326 pages and includes a gatefold
    9 x 12 inches
    Over 125 pen-and-ink drawings
    Over 100 pencil drawings
    19 paintings, plus color studies
    $49.95 — Hardcover ISBN: 978-1-64041-022-0
    $200.00 – Deluxe edition signed by George R. R. Martin and Gary Gianni ISBN: 978-1-64041-023-7

About the Deluxe Signed Edition: The deluxe edition comes signed by author George R. R. Martin and artist Gary Gianni on a unique signature page that is highlighted with the reproduction of a new pen-and-ink drawing by Gianni. This version is limited to only 500 copies in slipcase. It features a bonus 22-page section with a gatefold highlighting bonus artwork that is reserved specially for this edition. This premium hardcover book with slipcase is wrapped in an exquisite custom-ordered cloth. The front side of the book is treated to a color plate that reproduces a new oil painting by Gianni. This special edition is receiving the full Flesk treatment to serve as a treasured book for the sophisticated collector.

Shipping in July 2019

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks nice.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Flesk Publishing's book on GRRM's ASOIAF artworks by Gary Gianni is available for Pre-order now!

For the super collectors, Flesk is also issuing "signed deluxe edition" with a limited run of 500.

It does not really fall into the esteemed limited/lettered category, but nonetheless, this little portfolio of illustrations should be a feast for eyes.

I already preordered mine

For your reference, I am posting excerpts from their site;

Afterword by George R. R. Martin
    Introduction by Cullen Murphy
    Art by Gary Gianni
    Designed and edited by Marcelo Anciano
    The Hardcover edition is 304 pages
    The Deluxe signed edition is 326 pages and includes a gatefold
    9 x 12 inches
    Over 125 pen-and-ink drawings
    Over 100 pencil drawings
    19 paintings, plus color studies
    $49.95 — Hardcover ISBN: 978-1-64041-022-0
    $200.00 – Deluxe edition signed by George R. R. Martin and Gary Gianni ISBN: 978-1-64041-023-7

About the Deluxe Signed Edition: The deluxe edition comes signed by author George R. R. Martin and artist Gary Gianni on a unique signature page that is highlighted with the reproduction of a new pen-and-ink drawing by Gianni. This version is limited to only 500 copies in slipcase. It features a bonus 22-page section with a gatefold highlighting bonus artwork that is reserved specially for this edition. This premium hardcover book with slipcase is wrapped in an exquisite custom-ordered cloth. The front side of the book is treated to a color plate that reproduces a new oil painting by Gianni. This special edition is receiving the full Flesk treatment to serve as a treasured book for the sophisticated collector.

Shipping in July 2019
    Thanks - and also note that you cannot request a specific number (to match ASOIAF books) - since several had asked - and they stated they would not be matching any - I guess it was too difficult to follow all requests? Just in case anyone was going to ask.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I need a signed 1st/1st of the US A dance with dragons. I have other GRRM signed books i could trade.
    Simon

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

For sale: 1st/1st UK A Storm of Swords. NF+ condition. 325$ F/F PayPal shipped
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Two new images from Folio Society's forthcoming (July 16 2019) edition of A Game Of Thrones:

"Illustrator @jonathan_burton_illustration has recreated the family sigils for the nine Great Houses in A Game of Thrones, which are presented as stunning black-and-gold endpapers in each volume."

"You’ll also discover detailed family trees for the Houses, so you can trace the lineage of the characters with ease as you read. Swipe right to see the family trees, placed at the end of volume two."

More info at https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/a-game-of-thrones.html

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

For sale - the skin trade signed/numbered edition (#119 of 500). Book and jacket are fine. Asking 100 shipped. International shipped at cost.

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Hello guys, I am seeking, almost desperately, for the Lettered (Any!) Edition of the Armageddon Rag by Poseidon Press/Nemo Press. Please message me if you have one (or two!) for sale. I would be eternally in debt!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another illustration from Folio Society's upcoming (July 16) edition of A Game Of Thrones, this one from the slipcase's interior.

Take your books out of the slipcase, and a hidden illustration will be revealed!

An eerie White Walker emerges from the forest, its ice-blue eyes reminding you that winter is coming…

This is just one of the exquisite details that make this the definitive edition.

Don't delay - pre-order your beautiful edition of A Game of Thrones by 8 July to guarantee your copy!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice touch!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Small detail but really unique
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I got my shipping notification from Folio yesterday. Would you like to see pictures once I have it in hand?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hell yes!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Absolutely!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some thoughts on the Folio Society A Game Of Thrones from some who have already received their copies, if any of you are on the fence:

...absolutely love the presentation ... book covers and bindings and gilding are great. The map is on a thick stock and really looks nice. I'm super excited to put all my other current reads aside for a moment and start reading this fine edition this weekend.

The only thing I'm a bit ... ehhh ... about ... which I kind of thought I might be "ehhh" about ... are the illustrations. I only flipped thru some of them and they seem very much like the ones found in FS current offerings of Pratchett's Mort/Small Gods.

They are kind of (and this is just my first reaction to them) what i would expect in a young adult book. Kind of cute and kiddie ... if that makes sense.
    ...I personally don't find the slip case to be a "crappy carton box". It's actually (in my opinion) rather thick and sturdy. Is it a nice clamshell case ... no ... but is it a flimsy cheap slipcase ... not in my opinion.

As for the Illustrations ... they are just not my cup of tea ... but they are not making me second guess my purchase.

I do love the feel and look of the books ... I thought I was going to not like the covers ... but I actually really do. I love the format and that it's split into two books.

If you are a fan of the story and the GOT world ... for me ... This is a really nice buy. It will look beautiful on the shelf once the entire series is all together.

The "only" thing that would make me hesitate on purchasing is ... the price is a bit steep. But isn't everything overpriced in the world we live in nowadays?

For me ... each book is worth $50 to $70 plus the extra map might be worth adding $10 ... so a total of $150 would make this an absolute easy buy.

If the illustrations were more refined and in the vain of what I would think this title would call for ... then I would not complain about the $200 asking price.

Either way ... if you are a big fan ... I think most would be rather satisfied (not overly ... but not upset either).
    I was lukewarm on the illustrations from the initial marketing materials and I tend to be more often underwhelmed when there has been a big expectation built up. Things rarely live up to their hype.

Not so with the Folio GOT. These books are gorgeous with lots of great design elements that make them worth every penny. First of all, as observed above, the slipcase is quite sturdy (and needs to be given the weight of the two volumes). It has a beautiful design in shiny gold on the external panel. But on the inside it is illustrated on all sides (top, bottom, rear panel, sides).

The covers are much better in person than in the photos and even the lion on volume II loses some of its cartoonishness. The binding is a nice tactile cloth (better feel and richer look than buckram IMHO). The endpapers with the sigils of the various houses was a nice touch. The titling throughout both volumes is two color (gold and black). Each chapter opens with a decorative initial letter and an illustration representing the character the chapter is named for (I.e. three eyed raven for Bran). The paper is smooth, almost shiny, and feels luxurious.

The color illustrations are evocative in person. I think we need to remember that these will not look like stills from the HBO series and will not look like the actors that were hired to play those characters. It doesn’t mean the illustrations are poorly done, just a different visual than what our minds have become accustomed to over the 8 seasons of the show. The descriptions, histories and family trees at the end of volume two are an invaluable resource even if it will require constantly opening Vol II while reading Vol I. Finally the separately included and bound map is even larger and more detailed than I had imagined. It makes the entire package seem more luxurious and special.

So my overall take is that this is an absolutely first rate unqualified success by Folio and I greatly look forward to their publication of the next installment in the series. For once I do not feel a newly released Folio title is overpriced and I’m getting every bit of the value I paid for.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another comment:

The books are lovely and definitely a must have for any fan of the series. The books are well made, with two tone cloth binding, they are printed in Italy, the pages are luxurious - shiny and soft and smell so divine, the font is a bit on the smaller side, but the black and gold printing more than make up for it. The books are very heavy though.

I loved the illustrations also. It noway resembles the HBO characters and I think that is a good thing - it has a kind of 3d effect, very evocative and has an element of realism to it - like when Daenerys steps out of the fire she is shown bald as opposed to the HBO way.

The map too is very well done and more detailed than any I have seen so far. The slipcase is quite sturdy, with the embossed sigil and the night walker's illustration on the inside.

Overall Folio did an excellent job and I intend to read this edition many times over the course of my hopefully long lifetime.

Along the Path of the Beam scarface will become famous soon enough

FWIW, I just got my copy. I can kind of see what those comments say about the illustrations, a couple are definitely hit and miss, on the whole though I don't see myself being too bothered by it. A couple illustrations are outstanding as well, so...*shrugs*
    It's truly a gorgeous edition and a definite must buy IMO. Especially for folks like me who were late to the party and missed out on the Subpress limited edition and don't have a spare kidney to afford one on the secondary market. It will fill that hole just a little bit.
    WANTED:
    Half the World Lettered "LL"
    The First Law Trilogy (S/L)
    George Martin set (S/L)

FOR TRADE:
    Matthew Corbett (FF/W/X/Z) lettered set
    Swan Song,
    Crosstalk,
    Broken Earth Trilogy (SubPress S/L),

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast