Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    YAAAASSS!

My God! Congratulations! Is that a limited or lettered copy?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As previously mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Winter Is Coming To Folio Society...

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/winteriscoming
    I have some artwork from this that I haven't seen around and thought some here might like to see:

Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post

It's lettered - FF
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

And the art looks great on the Folio edition.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some more info from Folio Society:

The artist...has drawn eight exquisite chapter headers; one to represent each major character.

Our lavish collector’s edition will be printed two-colour throughout and these intricate black-and-gold chapter headers will be complemented by elaborate initial letters and page motifs.
    It’s time to reveal that the incredibly talented Jonathan Burton is the illustrator for our edition of A Game of Thrones. His spectacular artwork includes 16 full-colour illustrations.

‘Illustrating A Game of Thrones became much more involved than I ever imagined ... I threw myself into this world 100% and relished its rich and strange visual atmosphere bringing together medieval romanticism, dark drama and chilling horror. Delicious.’
    -Jonathan Burton
    For the introduction, we’re proud to announce best-selling fantasy writer Joe Abercrombie. Author of the internationally acclaimed The First Law Trilogy, Joe has an encyclopaedic knowledge of George R. R. Martin’s fantasy world.

‘A Game of Thrones proved to me you could do something gritty, shocking and character-focused while still writing epic fantasy. I’m delighted to be providing an introduction to a book that was one of my biggest inspirations.’
    -Joe Abercrombie
    Both volumes of this highly anticipated release are cloaked in a beautiful cloth that mysteriously transforms from blue to red.

Each cover features a striking artist-designed illustration – one blocked in silver foil, the other in gold. Volume 1 depicts a fallen Stark direwolf pierced with an antler; while Volume 2 shows a mighty stag being taken down by a lion to symbolise the Baratheon and Lannister feud.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for signed 1st/1st of the game of thrones series let me know. Im selling part of my collection. that includes proofs and other rare collectibles.
    PM me.

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post

It's lettered - FF
    Wow! Definitely must be one of your grail pieces now! Congratulations!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Update From folio society:

A Song of Ice and Fire – the series is coming…

We can now confirm that Folio will publish all titles in George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire saga, in series with A Game of Thrones. So, pre-order A Game of Thrones to start your stunning collection now.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

The first book will retail for GBP 125. A bit steep, but now that they've confirmed that they will do the whole series, I am definitely interested. The map that's included seals the deal for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going for it. I have the original 'blue' harper collins slipcase set and hope they publish the last book in that format too, but they are quite plain. I abandoned (sold) my part complete subpress set as I realised I would never complete it without selling body parts to fund it(!) and so this looks a great opportunity for a good quality illustrated set.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really well done, got me thinking....
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Lots of details and photos for the FS AGOT at:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/got...+Folio+Society

...including:

Bound in three-quarter blocked cloth with a printed and blocked cloth front board
    Set in Vendetta with Esmeralda as display
    824 pages in total over two volumes
    6 full page and 2 double-page colour illustrations per volume
    Printed in black & gold throughout
    8 illustrated chapter openers and 9 illustrated house sigils
    9 family trees in volume two
    Fold-out map inserted in case, bound in blocked cloth
    Printed endpapers
    Coloured tops
    Blocked and printed slipcase with printed illustration inside
    10˝ x 6¾˝

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea I went there and that is what got my attention. Very nice looking book, well done
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tempting but to be honest $200 is a bit more expensive than I would have liked. CD's upcoming 'The Stand' for example will likely be in the $125 range for the standard gift edition and that book is considerably bigger. (I imagine this is because they split the book in two but I think that was unnecessary.)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

My thing is they never say how many of these will be done, and in doing so somewhat cheapen the production for me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    My thing is they never say how many of these will be done...
    Folio Society's "limited editions" (their higher-end offerings) usually state a run size, but their regular editions never do (the real FS collectors out there seem to find out, but it's never clearly stated, and FS always reserves the right to print another run of exactly the same edition, so you're not protected, if you're collecting with scarcity in mind.)

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Folio Society's "limited editions" (their higher-end offerings) usually state a run size, but their regular editions never do (the real FS collectors out there seem to find out, but it's never clearly stated, and FS always reserves the right to print another run of exactly the same edition, so you're not protected, if you're collecting with scarcity in mind.)
    I put in my pre-order just now. At least I will get a first print run. They are beautifully done which what got me on board. Yay
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I like that the map is bound separately; that seems very nice.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I'm going for it. I have the original 'blue' harper collins slipcase set and hope they publish the last book in that format too, but they are quite plain. I abandoned (sold) my part complete subpress set as I realised I would never complete it without selling body parts to fund it(!) and so this looks a great opportunity for a good quality illustrated set.
    I have been thinking about that lately too. I have most of the SP books but missing the last 2 FFC and DWD and never find any coming for sale. Been thinking of off loading the whole set and jet getting some funds.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Does anyone here worry that GRRM might never write another sequel? With the sinking price of GOT's SubPress S/L the consensus seems to be collectors might be thinking about that seriously.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Does anyone here worry that GRRM might never write another sequel? With the sinking price of GOT's SubPress S/L the consensus seems to be collectors might be thinking about that seriously.
    He doesnt get any younger, thats for sure. On the other hand there are rumors that both (!) books are finished and will be announced after the HBO finale. Don’t remember where I read it but will try to find a reference
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    He doesnt get any younger, thats for sure. On the other hand there are rumors that both (!) books are finished and will be announced after the HBO finale. Don’t remember where I read it but will try to find a reference
    He denied that on his blog :
    http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2...-the-internet/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    He denied that on his blog :
    http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2...-the-internet/
    Lol, end of rumor

Along the Path of the Beam scarface will become famous soon enough

I got in touch with their customer service who told me that the first print run is about 7000 copies. That coupled with no GRRM signature means these likely won't appreciate greatly in value. Although who knows, with the popularity of GoT plus Folio being a relatively more popular publisher, 25 years down the line you could have something on your hands....
    Having said that, I personally think the editions look very well done and would look beautiful on a shelf.
    WANTED:
    Half the World Lettered "LL"
    The First Law Trilogy (S/L)
    George Martin set (S/L)

FOR TRADE:
    Matthew Corbett (FF/W/X/Z) lettered set
    Swan Song,
    Crosstalk,
    Broken Earth Trilogy (SubPress S/L),

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    for anyone interested in signed or unsigned 1st/1st Song of ice and fire books i have all of the US versions for sale. Let me know which book and ill tell you what i have.
    Simon

still ?
    I do not have a nice set of the books so i am looking for one.
    Signed would be a puls, but not nessesary.

Just let me know if anyone of you has something for sale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast