Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    wasnt the paperback called Dreamscapes?
    Dreamsongs...you were close

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooooo. Lookie what I got for free in the mail today!

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

when did this come out?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I requested it from the exhibit at Texas A&M University - free!

Country
    Country Flag

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sub Press has been cleaning out their warehouse and putting sold out titles up for sale if they find them.
    Today they posted a LETTERED copy of A Dance With Dragons. How did they miss a lettered edition previously?!?!

Looks like they didn't send out a newsletter for this batch either. Would have been awesome to get that at the publisher's price.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Sub Press has been cleaning out their warehouse and putting sold out titles up for sale if they find them.
    Today they posted a LETTERED copy of A Dance With Dragons. How did they miss a lettered edition previously?!?!

Looks like they didn't send out a newsletter for this batch either. Would have been awesome to get that at the publisher's price.
    That would have been nice. They sent one out on the 16th about the collector's room rarities but that was the last one I received

Guess I should check the website more often. I'm waiting on the Name of the Wind to be released

Country
    Country Flag

Picked these up cheap.
    Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

I don't know if this is the most appropriate place to post this, let me know if I should move it.

I posted on the ASoIF board but thought it might be prudent to post them here too. I've decided to part with my matching lettered set, the original post from the other board is below.

I hate to even consider it, but I'm strongly thinking about parting with my lettered set. The set is in perfect shape and all letters match. Of course I have the rights to all future volumes from Subterranean Press. All extras would be included (signed bookmark set and art booklet).

In addition, I have multiple original pieces of art that were used in the book from Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons. Some are very large. Again, all in perfect condition.

The last set that I'm aware of sold for 15k a year or so ago, I'd be willing to entertain offers if anyone is interested. I'd rather not jump to eBay.

Country
    Country Flag

You could also put it in the classifieds thread. Wish I had that kinda money

Can you post some pics of the art (& prices)?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Becca is right, you should also post in the collectibles classifieds thread.
    You're also right about the pricing. I believe two sets solds for $15k each last year and that was before ADWD was released.

Sadly that is way above my pay grade!

I'd also like to see some of the artwork and possibly pricing.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Chrise, have you had any luck with selling your lettered set?

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Chrise, have you had any luck with selling your lettered set?
    Thanks for asking Becca!
    I've had a few offers and others who are getting offers together. Nothing in stone yet. I'll let you know what happens. If the buyer of the books doesn't take the art too, I'll post them on here.

-Chris

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how to play George R. R. Martin's Cyvasse

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:92172

Country
    Country Flag

My $7 deal of the day:

And a bonus advertisement with the unused dust jacket for AFFC:

And I just bought something super rare (even though I am so broke right now) and will post when it gets here
    Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Rebecca!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my super rare GRRM item I just acquired. This is the original A Game of Thrones dust jacket that is also used on many of the ARCs. Only 7 of these are known to have survived. 3 collectors now have 6 and the artist kept the last one. A committee voted to redesign the dust jacket to the silver one with the throne and the original design was destroyed.

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:28 AM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice addition!
    I think the Jon Snow cover is still my favorite though.

Nice "paper weights" in that second photo too.
    Mark Twain

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Here is my super rare GRRM item I just acquired. This is the original A Game of Thrones dust jacket that is also used on many of the ARCs. Only 7 of these are known to have survived. 3 collectors now have 6 and the artist kept the last one. A committee voted to redesign the dust jacket to the silver one with the throne and the original design was destroyed.

sweet! very rare.
    I have one as well with the arc proof.
    My favorite GRRM collectable next to my Unread UK gOT proof.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    sweet! very rare.
    I have one as well with the arc proof.
    My favorite GRRM collectable next to my Unread UK gOT proof.
    Simon, do you mean you have one of these or the ARC dust jacket? This is not what's on the ARC. If you look at it, it is a final trade DJ with price (missing back copy blurb).

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

most of the original proofs were shipped with a regular 1st edition dj with the exeption of having a sticker on the front stating "advance reader copy and the date"
    Bought half a dozen or more when they were a lot cheaper and only one came with the art dust jacket that you have pictured. Its the only time I have seen the jacket since mine.
    Very cool!

Country
    Country Flag

You should post a pic of that. And does your's have a price or does it say Advance Reading Copy?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have an extra copy of 1st print UK A Dance with Dragons that they would be willing to part with?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast