Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2401

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I might wait to see if signed copies are available.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I might wait to see if signed copies are available.
    Oh - you figure signed ones direct from the Jean? I guess that is true and then can always order after the fact if none come out. Thanks - now I gotta cancel my order...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, you know better than to pre-order from Amazon

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am no longer ordering anything "collectible" from Amazon if I can help it. I'm tired of the packaging issues. Sometimes, a book is placed in an oversized box with one of the air bubbles things and that's it. Other times, they pick it so tight in that simple mailer it gets damages if you breath on it. I'd sooner just pick up books like this in a store and pay the regular price. At least I know it won't be damaged.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Throne...=1&*entries*=0

Still no idea what to expect here.
    Pretty steep price.

sk

John F. Kennedy Zaphod will become famous soon enough

I recently listed some A Song of Ice and Fire/GRRM books that may be of interest to collectors here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/binary_storm...m=322149232067

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey All,

I figured this was a good place to post about the King/GRRM event in NM. I'll talk a bit more about the George side of the event since there is a lot of info about the King tour in Calvin's Corner.

I showed up to the event about 1 1/2 hours early. Talked with Bob a lot. He actually had a few GRRM books with him I think, in case George made an appearance preshow.

George signed a few boxes of books and they brought them out to sell before the event. They had a ton of paperbacks of all of his books. a few Knights of the Seven Kingdoms. They had a couple of cool books also. They had the GoT coloring books and I even saw a stamp set. Most of the books were later printings. I picked up a copy of Dangerous Women. It's a book I've been eyeing up for awhile because it has stories from a lot of great fantasy authors. It was the only 1st/1st that I saw in the whole stack of books also. It was nice to get a copy already signed by George. I can get the Diana signature anytime I want and Im hoping that Sanderson, Butcher and others make their way back to my area over the next few years.

While King dominated most of the conversation I really was more intrigued when Martin spoke. He was a lot more soft spoken but he talked about why he took to reading fantasy and comics. He stated that he grew up poorish. He said his dad went through periods of unemployment until he found steady work as a shoreman. He said that he grew up on 1st street and his school was on 5th street and that was pretty much the known world to him. He didn't venture outside of that 5 block radius. He said that reading was his way to expand his horizons and how to explore the world. He said that that reading let him know what might be happening on 8th street. I got a good chuckle out of that.

My favorite story of the night was from George. He said that on the GoT show that they had looked into him getting a prosthetic head made in his likeness. They were going to put that head on pike next to Ned Starks head in that scene. When they looked into it though it was too expensive and they didn't have the budget for it. So instead they bought a box of heads from a different filming company because it made more financial sense. He said that out of all of the heads, one of them was a head in the likeness of George W Bush. They used that head in the scene and no one knew about it until they released the directors cut of GoT and the director mentioned that one of of the heads was George W Bush. He said the show got hate mail and a bunch of people were really upset about it but he stated that they didn't pick the heads. They just bought a box of random heads. I need to check out that episode and see if I recognize Bush as one of those heads.

It was great to see both of them up there. Two powerhouse authors and both of them ground breaking. It was a special event for sure.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching Orange is the new Black. Season 4 Episode 8. They just mentioned Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Watching Orange is the new Black. Season 4 Episode 8. They just mentioned Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear!!
    Those are Rothfuss books, not Martin

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He said that out of all of the heads, one of them was a head in the likeness of George W Bush. They used that head in the scene and no one knew about it until they released the directors cut of GoT and the director mentioned that one of of the heads was George W Bush. He said the show got hate mail and a bunch of people were really upset about it but he stated that they didn't pick the heads. They just bought a box of random heads. I need to check out that episode and see if I recognize Bush as one of those heads.
    It's true, you can find many screenshots via Google:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Those are Rothfuss books, not Martin
    Yes.. I was so pumped I posted it in the wrong thread. Thanks for pointing that out to me

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    He said that out of all of the heads, one of them was a head in the likeness of George W Bush. They used that head in the scene and no one knew about it until they released the directors cut of GoT and the director mentioned that one of of the heads was George W Bush. He said the show got hate mail and a bunch of people were really upset about it but he stated that they didn't pick the heads. They just bought a box of random heads. I need to check out that episode and see if I recognize Bush as one of those heads.
    It's true, you can find many screenshots via Google:

Haha! That is awesome

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

The my quickly reissued this set without GW, making that first set a small collectors edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone get a copy of In the House of the Worm from Balticon 50? The convention was Memorial Day weekend and they were supposed to ship the book after the con. I haven't heard anything from them.

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone get a copy of In the House of the Worm from Balticon 50? The convention was Memorial Day weekend and they were supposed to ship the book after the con. I haven't heard anything from them.
    I was just wondering the same thing earlier today. I posted over at Westeros and scoured the Balticon website for an email address... nothing so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone have an extra GOT Funko pop Grey Wind they might be willing to part with? Please PM me I want to give one as a gift but the prices on eBay are crazy.

Country
    Country Flag

I was just wondering the same thing earlier today. I posted over at Westeros and scoured the Balticon website for an email address... nothing so far.
    This was the only thing I could find - "Pre-orders have been closed during Balticon. If you have not already ordered your copy, you can purchase it at the Balticon Sales Table in the Art Show. Online orders will resume after Balticon. If you did not receive your copy during the convention, please write to artshow at balticon dot org and we will get your copy to you. Thank you!"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Would anyone have an extra GOT Funko pop Grey Wind they might be willing to part with? Please PM me I want to give one as a gift but the prices on eBay are crazy.
    I have an extra "fuzzy" Ghost from SDCC but I let go of my extra Grey Wind.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was the only thing I could find - "Pre-orders have been closed during Balticon. If you have not already ordered your copy, you can purchase it at the Balticon Sales Table in the Art Show. Online orders will resume after Balticon. If you did not receive your copy during the convention, please write to artshow at balticon dot org and we will get your copy to you. Thank you!"
    me 3 - if anyone finds anything out...

Country
    Country Flag

I'll email that address and see if I can get a response

Country
    Country Flag

I sent an email too!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey becca... PM SENT

Country
    Country Flag

Just received this from BSFS in regards to the book:
    "Hi Rebecca -

i've had some delays with shipping, for which i apologize. i'm getting ready to send books out Friday so you should get yours soon. We cannot guarantee specific book numbers, but i will see if it's available.

thank you very much for your patience,
    nora"

Anubis.... I saw that... I have to dig Ghost out of a box and check it first. I'll get back to you today!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Just received a copy of the signed/limited of DYING OF THE LIGHT from the SubPress dinged books sale. This copy is NF, the only issue being a couple of very small bumps to the top and base of spine. The jacket is VG only, showing wear to edges and rubbing to the glossy surfaces.

Book is $125 and up on eBay and about the same on ABE. If anyone is interested at $50, US shipping included, please drop a note.

Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy of In the House of the Worm from Balticon. I'm very close to Baltimore so I would guess everyone will be getting theirs soon.

Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 08:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast