Traveler Vegetto is on a distinguished road Vegetto's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

double post

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all, wanted to say hello
    I am new to this forum, I love the GOT books and series and all things GRRM writes So I thought lets start here in this topic first!

btw guys is it allowed to post pictures of GOT based paintings/statues in this topic, because I do want to share some of my GRRM stuff with you guys!
    anyway thanks for the invite!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me or is this grossly over priced and I'm not even sure about that signature.

http://www.geraldwinters.com/game-of...ge-r-r-martin/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So has anyone else picked up the new leather-bound slipcased editions? I got the first three volumes with the other two on order, very cool editions (not my pic):

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Sometimes I'm not even sure how people arrive at their prices. These previews are selling around 200-300.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Is it just me or is this grossly over priced and I'm not even sure about that signature.

http://www.geraldwinters.com/game-of...ge-r-r-martin/
    It's overpriced but I think the signature is good - older containing more letters of his name.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So has anyone else picked up the new leather-bound slipcased editions? I got the first three volumes with the other two on order, very cool editions (not my pic):

Those look great. I need to get #2 and 3.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Guys are there other ways to post pictures other then web links? like adding pics from my pc as source?

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Definately collecting the new slipcased leather version, much nicer than the blue ones from a few years ago.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are they going to continue the illustrated editions or are the Limiteds the only full illustrated ones out there right now?

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Definately collecting the new slipcased leather version, much nicer than the blue ones from a few years ago.
    I've been thinking about these as well. Can you elaborate a little on why the red ones are better than the blue ones? Thanks!

Ron

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I've been thinking about these as well. Can you elaborate a little on why the red ones are better than the blue ones? Thanks!

Ron
    For what it's worth, I like the new red editions, but definitely prefer the older blue ones.
    Can't really explain why - matter of taste, I guess.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Ron
    I would say the production value and materials are so much better, plus there are illustrated, color end pages (AGOT: Ned, Jon & Ghost; Dani birthing her dragons), full gold gilt page edges, and ribbon marker.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Ron
    I would say the production value and materials are so much better, plus there are illustrated, color end pages (AGOT: Ned, Jon & Ghost; Dani birthing her dragons), full gold gilt page edges, and ribbon marker.
    Exactly. These have a firm feel to them.

I'm hoping the publisher is more likely to continue producing this version as the unreleased books become available. I'm betting a fair amount of storage space on that hope as I've been buying extras to sell later.

Country
    Country Flag

New addition. (Custom slipcase added later)

Signed by GRRM, Youll and Phyllis Eisenstein

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic, Yegor!!

sk

John F. Kennedy Zaphod will become famous soon enough

Your custom slipcase designs for the Song of Ice and Fire books are awesome Yegor, can anybody ask Jeff to make a set or have you arranged with him for the design/stamps to be exclusive?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ron
    Exactly. These have a firm feel to them.

I'm hoping the publisher is more likely to continue producing this version as the unreleased books become available. I'm betting a fair amount of storage space on that hope as I've been buying extras to sell later.
    I'm definitely hopeful they'll complete the series once the rest of the books are published. These are great. Maybe even the novella collection(s).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Your custom slipcase designs for the Song of Ice and Fire books are awesome Yegor, can anybody ask Jeff to make a set or have you arranged with him for the design/stamps to be exclusive?
    Thank you! It's my own product of love...It took me 5-6 month working with various art folks and then communicating with Jeff to build these. There are a total of 7 cases were made to represent different Houses of ASOIAF.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

For all you GOT beer collectors. Ommegang has released "Bend the Knee" Belgian Golden with honey. It is really good and they have 3 different label designs that I have seen.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to grab them. I've been collecting them since they started. I don't even like beer!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Thank you! It's my own product of love...It took me 5-6 month working with various art folks and then communicating with Jeff to build these. There are a total of 7 cases were made to represent different Houses of ASOIAF.
    That's awesome. I love those slipcases. So Jeff has the plates for each of these? I wonder if he can create these to fit the UK editions as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to grab them. I've been collecting them since they started. I don't even like beer!
    I get the double bonus as I love the beer and collect the bottles.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ron
    Thanks for your input, all. I'll probably be looking for a set. Can anyone tell me if there are printing delineations in these editions? Would hate to buy online and get a second (or later) printing..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast