Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gunslinger Metal cases

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A thread that asks for people's opinions to gauge interest in a slipcase, and then throws abuse at people who comment they don't like the art. Interesting.

I think the case is awesome, especially how it slides open. I'd be interested but expect the price to be outside what I'd be prepared to pay for a case though.

**edit** I missed the post with the price. I think that is quite reasonable actually. Still outside my budget, but probably a good deal for the lucky purchasers.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL...literally
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the cases a lot, especially for the $269 price tag. I didn't really consider putting a Gunslinger first edition in it until it was brought up. That's not a bad idea. My worry at that point would be that it stands out (and I guess that's kinda the point, lol) from the rest of my first editions. Just like the Dolso cases, they stand out and you can display them, but, if you're like me who only wants to have ONE representation of a particular first edition, it leaves a hole in your first edition section.

Oh, and Bill ... octopus!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    IMHO I feel the art work looks like a shop sketch & not a finished product.

Aww c'mon that's not exactly fair is it? I think its pretty nice. My Mother always told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Who raised you? Wolves? LOL LOL LOL

I have to agree. I know one of our members here drew the gun...but it's not perfect. If I was going to pony up the cash for the case, I would want it to be perfect.
    Well, no one asked you to "pony up" at all. If you don't like it, fine!!!! Really, do you people feel a need to crap on anything you don't care for????? Is it that much of an obsession?? If you are not interested, just say so and be done. I'm out obviously my open thoughts are not welcome.
    Time to switch to decaf.

Last I checked this was a discussion thread...so that's what I was doing...discussing.

And you are correct..no one asked me to pony up the money.....which is why is said "if".

For the record....the drawing is significantly better than what I could produce.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    IMHO I feel the art work looks like a shop sketch & not a finished product.

Aww c'mon that's not exactly fair is it? I think its pretty nice. My Mother always told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Who raised you? Wolves? LOL LOL LOL

I have to agree. I know one of our members here drew the gun...but it's not perfect. If I was going to pony up the cash for the case, I would want it to be perfect.
    Well, no one asked you to "pony up" at all. If you don't like it, fine!!!! Really, do you people feel a need to crap on anything you don't care for????? Is it that much of an obsession?? If you are not interested, just say so and be done. I'm out obviously my open thoughts are not welcome.
    Jesus. Why are you offended by someone else's opinion?

Personally I love the case itself. I do think the gun art/sketch could use a little work. The case is so smooth and finished; the font used is also streamlined; so the gun itself seems a little off and out of place.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think they're beautiful and especially fitting for a book, to me, as important as any "bible".

But at the risk of being abused.....am I the only one who sees a penis in that last picture?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes you are.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

....am I the only one who sees a penis in that last picture? [/QUOTE]

No I think Clyde Barrow & Bonnie Parker Know what you are talking about.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the slipcase a lot, but it's out of my price range for a case right now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There are 4 cases left. We will likely do no more, and if we do, they won't be garage "sketch art".
    1 case is green, the other 3 are black. The first 4 people to PM me and pay $269 + Shipping get them. The first "green Case" PM gets the Green case.
    Here is your chance to have a 1/~6 case.
    After these 4 cases are gone, this thread will be archived.
    EDIT: There are 2 black cases left. The price is $249 +$20 shipping. I quoted the wrong price earlier, my mistake.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

SOLD OUT!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I decided to have Cook do a case for me that is "reversed". The flipped one is on the right. Check it out:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a spare one of these to sell. I have one each where the opening is from the left/right; your choice.
    $425 Free shipping (USA) PP gift.
    There are VERY few of these in existence, and no more will be made.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge price cut-for members only; I was off base with the previous price.

$319 Free shipping (USA) PP gift.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge price cut-for members only; I was off base with the previous price.

$319 Free shipping (USA) PP gift.
    Sold! One of only 6 cases ever produced. A work of art/engineering/manufacturing.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump.
    There is a small possibility to make a few cases. They would be with new art, and therefore a new and distinct case.
    Go back and read the thread. The possibilities for art, case cover, opening direction, etc. exist....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A well renowned artist (slow down Bob, it's not Glenn Chadbourne), has created a piece and authorized its use on a case.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A well renowned artist (slow down Bob, it's not Glenn Chadbourne), has created a piece and authorized its use on a case.
    Intrigued

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Intrigued
    You should be.
    If it all works out as it should, there will be a case auctioned off benefiting the Fundraiser. The previous few older/original art cases are still out there (in fact I own one). Not everyone loved the art, but the cases themselves were/are a marvel.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Heck. Now T_Dogz-AK47 is likely to drop more anonymous negative feedback on me for a joke I didn't even make.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Heck. Now T_Dogz-AK47 is likely to drop more anonymous negative feedback on me for a joke I didn't even make.
    Neg rep for that derailing of the thread.

JK

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Neg rep for that derailing of the thread.

Now, see, in that case it is probably deserved.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think they look great. Awesome way to preserve and protect a grail book.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

now you got my attention - waiting for further infos

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Curiouser and curiouser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast