Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When has King's writing disturbed you the most?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of good choices. I wish there were more hours in a day so I can re-read all of his books. Here are few quickies:

The Waste Lands:
    Spoiler:
    The plaster man.

The Shining, pretty much the entire book but these two stand out:
    Spoiler:
    Firehose and topiary animals. Yikes. I was seriously terrified.

Pet Sematary:
    Spoiler:
    When Lois sees the ghost at work. It took me completely off guard

Black House, too many to count. The one with the box... yikes (again). Try imagining being that mother. Worse than Pet Sematary IMO.

Rose Madder
    Spoiler:
    first chapter, start to finish

Cell. This was my first SK book so details are a little hazy but when
    Spoiler:
    the zombie or whatever in the red sweater shows up at the door

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Forgot Gramma and Langoliers. No spoilers needed, they're creepy and made me feel very uneasy from start to finish.

Some of Richard Starks handywork is pretty gruesome too.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

This may sound stupid, but "The Moving Finger" has always been one of the more disturbing CONCEPTS that he came up with for me. To this day, I have trouble taking a shower without thinking about that damn finger!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    For me its the end of The Jaunt.

Spoiler:
    To date I can vividly picture the young boys craziness as he screams "longer than you think dad, longer than you think..."
    Yep, that was a very good short story. I have a vivid picture of that in my mind.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some other examples: anything with the baby in 'Salem's Lot, and the microwave scene in Apt Pupil come to mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2