Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: stkmw02

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Default Book Collection: stkmw02

I'll include the link to my Photobucket album with my collection. If you'd like to see any close up images or other angles of any of the collection items, I'm happy to oblige.

In the future, I'll share photos of the new items I add on this thread as well.

This is the bulk of my Stephen King hardcover collection, stored behind glass doors. Not pictured in this album: a Betts Bookstore t-shirt, 11/22/63 first edition second printing, The Wind Through the Keyhole UK 1st with my photo included on the cover, Fangoria Masters of the Dark, Stephen King's Maine magnet, and press postcards, posters, and photos from Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments (some including photos of my husband filming and posing with King) I may include photos of these items later!

Shelf 1: (non-firsts, unconfirmed firsts, or paperback firsts)
    Just After Sunset, The Bachman Books, Cycle of the Werewolf, The Gunslinger, The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Thinner, Thinner, The Stand, The Shining, Firestarter, Secret Windows, and a first edition first printing of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-up opened and used.
    Shelf 2: (first edition first printings)
    Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower, Gunslinger Born, The Devil's Wine, The Stephen King Desk Calendar 2007, The Living Dead, The Stephen King Companion, The Lost Work of Stephen King, Stung signed by Mighty John Marshall, Bred Andy Good Rooks Lately?, Astonishing Stories, Storm of the Century, Blaze, The Girl Who Loved Tome Gordon, On Writing, The Journal of Eleanor Druise, Blockade Billy, The Colorado Kid, Bag of Bones, Black House, Cell. Also on this shelf, a King metal nme plate, a photo of King, the Blockade Billy baseball card.
    Shelf 3: (first editions)
    Christine, Cujo, Dance Macabre, The Dark Half, Desperation, Dreamcatcher, Duma Key, Everything's Eventual, Eyes of the Dragon, Eyes of the Dragon, Faithful, Four Past Midnight, From a Buick 8, Full Dark No Stars, Gerald's Game, Hearts in Atlantis, Insomnia, Insomnia. Also on this shelf, skull candle holders and a photo album from my first trip to Bangor, Maine.
    Shelf 4: (first editions)
    It, Lisey's Story, Misery, Needful Things, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, The Regulators, Rose Madder, 'Salem's Lot illustrated, Skeleton Crew, The Stand Uncut, The Talisman, The Tommyknockers, The Tommyknockers, Transgressions, Under the Dome. Also on this shelf, an SK sticker and Betts Bookstore mug.

I met Mick the same day I met my husband, on the set of Brutal Massacre: A Comedy. In fact, it was my husband who provided the photos, which were taken by our friend Mike Manikowski. Mick also wrote me a note, which has been lost. It said: Mind the gristle, Krystle! Drinks after shoot? Unfortunately, I could not go for drinks... I was only 20.

This photo of the original Christine movie car was obtained as a prize from Fangoria magazine.

This is the "autograph" of the original Christine movie car.

Here we have two hand drawn bookmarks from Skemer Micki, a Needful Things business card from David King in Hazleton PA, a Betts business card, a Study Dammit magnet, and a Rose Red bookmark.

This is an image of the two Eyes of the Dragon spines. Anyone know the deal with the difference in color?

Ignore the family bible and yearbooks... focus on: My Pretty Pony, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-up unopened, Faithful first edition paperback, Danse Macabre first edition paperback, Christine and The Shining Stephen King 2 box set, The Dead Zone, Firestarter, and 'Salem's Lot Stephen King 4 box set.
    Note also the Thinner VHS, The Mist 3-D Sound, Riding the Bullet audio CD, Blood & Smoke audio CD.
    DVDs: 1408, Apt Pupil, Carrie, Cat's Eye, Children of the Corn, Christine, Creepshow, Creepshow Tom Savini's Home Video Vol. 4, Creepshow 2, Cujo, The Dark Half, The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, Dreamcatcher, Firestarter Two Movie Collection, Golden Years, The Green Mile, It, Kingdom Hospital, the Langoliers, the Mangler, Maximum Overdrive, Misery, The Mist, Needful Things, Pet Sematary, Quicksilver Highway, Rose Red, The Running Man, Salem's Lot original, Salem's Lot remake, Secret Window, The Shawshank Redemption, The Shining original, Silver Bullet, Sleepwalkers, Stand By Me, The Stand, Storm of the Century, Tommyknockers, Trucks, Bravo's 100 Scaries Movie Moments Special Edition.
    There are also copies of The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer in paperback, and the complete Green Mile series in paperback (I am seeking #1 and #3 first printings!) You can also see my paperback placeholders, which I will remove when I obtain the first edition first printing hardcovers of Pet Sematary, Night Shift, Carrie, The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, and Different Seasons.
    The contents of those silver magazine holders follow...

Road Rage #2 Road Rage #1. Cemetery Dance #55. Cemetery Dance #54. Cemetery Dance #53. X-Men Heroes for Hope.

Seventeen April 1990 featuring "A Kinder, Gentler Stephen King". Cinefantastique. Creepshow, first printing. Bizarre Adventures: Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man. Stephen King, the comic book. In addition to magazines, this case contains a Betts Bookstore bag and original receipt, and a map of Stephen King's Bangor.

This is my attempt at collecting the Entertainment issues King contributed to. Here are #784, #751, #773, and #798.

Here are: #790, #756, #739, and the awesome #674.

The soundtrack to Misery, shrinkwrapped. Shooter Jennings & Hierophant's "Black Ribbons". A two disc copy of Harry, Carrie, and Garp.

This is the Stephen King interview for Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments in its entirety. Even Bravo does not have this footage, which includes behind the scenes, outtakes, and candid conversation with King. My husband and his business partner filmed this interview and met King. (Unfortunately, I didn't even know my husband then... so I did not have the pleasure of tagging along.)

This is the animatronic anteater head used during the filming of Kingdom Hospital. The final screen version used CG overlay, but this stood in on set with the actors to allow for better blocking and interaction. The inner mechanics are intact and the latex and "fur" are in perfect condition. My husband purchased the antubis props as a gift for me. (The other test antubis head is in storage.) Expect more photos of Antubis and his ugly twin later...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff, what's your favourite book?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection and love the ant-eater...very creepy.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

My favorite book in general is The Dream Eater by Christian Garrison... my favorite book in my King collection is the first Stephen King book I ever purchased, Insomnia.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection! I have the same style bookcase as you only mine is a different colour

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection!

What's the story on the Antubis? I've never seen that before.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Pretty cool!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Inspired

First King related Birthday/Graduation gift? Bag of Bones Phonograph Press Kit!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's about the nicest promo item there is. Congratulations!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job! P.S. Where are the pics? Can everyone see them but me?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There's a link (not underlined) in the first post...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How the hell did you guys know that was a link!? Wow, lol

Aggghhhh ant-eater! lol that's creepy! Awesomely creepy! lol You have McFarlane Toys! I had a small collection (in boxes) but decided against collecting anymore. They take up too much space. I am selling mine if you're interested. Let me know.

I'd love to see that Bravo footage. Behind The Scenes stuff is the best!

Nice Bible.

Wait, there's two Eyes Of The Dragons dustjacket states!? What's going on here?

Good stuff!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wait, there's two Eyes Of The Dragons dustjacket states!? What's going on here?!
    Sun-faded.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You sure? That looks mucho intentional to me.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You sure? That looks mucho intentional to me.
    Now, I'm not so sure...
    "When EYES came out I located a copy from all three publishing houses that did the 1st edition run. I found these at bookstores. The strange thing is, all 3 jackets are slightly different. The Haddon Craftsmen, Scranton Pennsylvania jacket has the red letters with just a hint of white around them on both cover and spine and the "scales" on the jacket are very shallow. The Arcata Graphics, Keene, New Hampshire jacket has deeper "scales" and white background on the cover letters but no white on the spine. The Arcata Graphics, Hawkins County, Tennessee has deep scales, with the white outlines on both the cover and the spine. These books have never been exposed to sunlight. Your different coloring on the spine may be an indication that they changed dies or some other factor when printing these jackets or, more likely, they were printed in three or possibly four different printing facilities. Whichever is the case, this is a quite fascinating discovery."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm ... where was the quote from?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm ... where was the quote from?
    I don't know where it originated. I copied it from here.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...225#post334225

My Mood
    Inspired

underlined...

We're going to get a better picture of Antubis soon. We also contacted the FX company today to get some more information about him and his ugly twin. We just now realized he may be the ONLY finished head prop. We already know he was used on set with the cast, which was cool enough for me. lol

My husband is the one with the McFarlane set. He has... a lot. His goal is to someday display each figure with a photo of himself and the actors. He has pretty many, but not enough space to display them. Let me know what you've got available... if it's something he's missing, I might snatch it up as a gift for him!

I think I watched the Bravo footage a dozen times in a row when he first showed it to me. I still get giddy when King has a casual conversation with my husband.

That bible is pretty darn old. I just got it for Christmas from my 85 year old great aunt. It's been in the family for a long time... I'm in the process of restoring it.

I'm trying to figure out that Eyes of the Dragon deal myself... because I'm considering selling one. If it's sun damage, I'm happy to give it up... but it's a potential duplicate cover, I might hold on to it. lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You really need to post the pics here, IMHO. Use the "Direct Link" from Photobucket and copy to the "insert Image" icon above. Nice stuff!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired

As you wish.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's nice to see your wonderful collection over here.

About the EotD cover: yours might be a combination of the variant cover and sun-fading. I would hold on to it for now.

I see you have the Dario Argento Collection. Are you a fan of his as well?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Argento is brilliant!

I do NOT think that's sun fading on the EotD at all. I think it's printed that way.

If you rescue me

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like everything, but the Christine autograph made me laugh, I love it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Argento is brilliant!

I do NOT think that's sun fading on the EotD at all. I think it's printed that way.
    If you look at the descriptions of the three different printings, they either have white outlines around the letters or not but no mention that the actual letters are a different shade/color other than red.

I worked in a book store in 1987 and saw a lot of copies of this book, including ones with sun-faded spines/covers. I'm pretty sure red will fade to this color when exposed to sun over time.

If there were no white outline, I would believe it's a variant. Or, if the letters were red with white outlines.

I'm a huge Argento fan.

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm a fan, but my husband is the one responsible for most of the DVDs and toys around Antubis.

I'm really not sure what to make of that EotD cover... I've had a lot of different opinions from collectors and sellers. I suppose I'll hold on to it for a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast