Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Reach: The Movie

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Reach: The Movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-marche-322835
    A movie based on the story author Stephen King says that he would "most like to be remembered for after his death" will make its market debut in the Marche du Film in Cannes.

British sales, production and finance banner Park Entertainment is bringing King's The Reach to market for the first time. It will be produced by Grayson Ross and Jodi Hansell for DownEast Village Productions.

Budgeted in the $12 million-$14 million range, the story's title refers to the 1.5 mile stretch of water between Goat Island and the Maine coastline. The book details the story of a 95-year-old lady who embarks on a troubled journey to the mainland from the island after the Reach freezes over for the first time in 50 years.

It is currently out to directors and talent agents and is tipped to pick up heat at the market in Cannes.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Finally someone wants to adapt this story but I'm sceptic on the plan to do it as a feature. Wouldn't it be better suited for a short adaptation, perhaps in a type of anthology film?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If done properly a story should be able to fit any medium, imo.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think too much if The Reach, to be honest. The Last Rung ... on the other hand ...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid they'll mess it up, just as they have so many other movies based on King's works. There have been a few exceptions, but overall, the record isn't very good.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

The reach is a good story, but really not much happens. How are thye going to make a feature movie out of it?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of back stories....that is all.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Give it to Frank Darabont, he'll make wonders out of it.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

There doesn't have to be a lot of action, because it shouldn't be an action movie.

Right, we don't want Steven Seagal in a King movie, thanks But a movie short of events and with too much dialogue can be somewhat boring (think Woody Allen). Well, it'll of course be very interesting to see it anyway and it's too early to judge it now

+ Reply to Thread