Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New hardcover editions of The Talisman & Black House

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Well, to put it into perspective, I almost didn't buy the 2nd printing of THE GUNSLINGER trade hardcover from Grant. After all, I already had two editions of it. I doubt these books will increase in value that much, but you never know!
    That is true, but The Gunslinger was a limited print novel. If your going for price increase, probably not much. But sometimes collecting isn't purely about monetary value.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You're absolutely right. I never buy books thinking about how much they'll be worth in the years to come. I buy them because I like collecting and reading them. At the same time, it's a thrill to see a book you paid pennys for worth at least a couple of bucks!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very true! I do love when that happens.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there any additions or revisions or changes to the story? New preface/epilog?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Is there any additions or revisions or changes to the story? New preface/epilog?
    Quite doubtful. These were, respectively, Viking and Random House books, and now, apparently, Scribner got the rights, so they're putting them out.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=3197
    Peter Straub: Sorry, Lilja, plans for the third book have gone no further than before. The new editions of the first two came about because the 10-year licenses on the previous editions came to an end, freeing us to sell the books all over again.

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

does anyone have the new editions? i'd like to get some details so that i can include them in the next edition of the bibliography.

thanks.

-justin

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What information do you need? I have the books and I could send you information or pics tomorrow after 4 when I'm home from work.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

WeDealInLead, would it be possible for you to locate another set and send them to me? The copies I got from Amazon were badly damaged so I will not go down that road again. Several other members here promised to look out for copies but they seem to be hard to come by. I would be very grateful!!

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon also has the Look Inside feature enabled for The Talisman and Black House.

The "Also By" page is finally back, and it even lists "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" under PLAYS.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Michael,
    That's no problem at all but I think you're better off getting them from CD or vjbooks.com. Canadian price is $47 + tax each. That's already a little more than $100. Add Canadian shipping which is more expensive than US. Honestly, I had $50 in gift cards and there was a 30% off sale or I probably would've passed on them. When you sign up for the newsletter from vjbooks.com, you get a 15% off code and his books will have a slipcase and will be signed by Straub.

It's not a problem at all for me to buy the books but I'd get them from VJ or CD if I were you. Let me know and I'll go get them if you want.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, thanks - maybe I'll go for the vjbooks set after all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2