Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which book do you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little Sisters of Eluria

8 22.86%
  • The Wind Through The Keyhole

27 77.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Little Sisters VS The Wind

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

did you ever post your ranking of the books? there's a special thread for those, I would love to see yours

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To me, LSOE was a sort of "throw away" story while TWTTKH gave more to the quest. JMHO I guess.

Edit: TWTTKH did involve the entire "Ka-Tet" to a degree whereas LSOE did not.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy Chantarelle is on a distinguished road

Jean, not sure if your comment is directed at me. I don't think anyone has ever said they'd love to hear my thoughts :-) But if it is, can you point me in the direction of the thread? I still have some trouble navigating here...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chantarelle View Post
    Jean, not sure if your comment is directed at me.
    of course it was!

I don't think anyone has ever said they'd love to hear my thoughts :-)
    impossible!
    why do you think we are here???
    But if it is, can you point me in the direction of the thread? I still have some trouble navigating here...
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...of-the-series.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    To me, LSOE was a sort of "throw away" story while TWTTKH gave more to the quest. JMHO I guess.

I like it more because it's about Roland. TWTTK was an alright book on its own but didn't really "feel" like a DT book to me. In Little Sisters we get to see what I think of as an "in-between" Roland. He's not quite the calloused, unstoppable killing machine that he is in The Gunslinger. I also like his writting style more.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I like it more because it's about Roland. TWTTK was an alright book on its own but didn't really "feel" like a DT book to me. In Little Sisters we get to see what I think of as an "in-between" Roland. He's not quite the calloused, unstoppable killing machine that he is in The Gunslinger. I also like his writting style more.
    Fair enough. I actually got a bit of a kick outta seeing a "Young Roland" for a bit in WTTKH
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 08-08-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like either one.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely Wind, Eluria didn't do much for me.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Definitely Wind, Eluria didn't do much for me.

Your opinion of course, but it does "fore-shadow" the vampires a bit. And hell, it is a short story after all. The two really should not be compared IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

well, maybe, but since the question has been asked...

Also, eight people have preferred Eluria, short story or no short story

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I really loved The Wind Through the Keyhole: it's the closest, I think, to King's original style in the series since the accident.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wind Through The Keyhole is by far the better book in my eyes. There is so much more depth to it. The new characters made me want to spend even more time with them. I loved that King filled a gap in the overall narrative. The writing was compulsive in a way that only The Wastelands and Calla have been able to match. That's one man's point of view.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    The writing was compulsive in a way that only The Wastelands and Calla have been able to match.
    balm for my wounded soul...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Wind Through the Keyhole for me.

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely The Wind Through the Keyhole. I look forward to a book or story of Tim as a gunslinger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2