Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1482

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Presuming they were shipped Media Mail, they take much longer to arrive during the holiday season. Add 2 days to the Postal estimate. Shipping from Las Vegas to the East Coast in June might take 4 business days, but in December is 6-7 business days.
    I got one in today that was shipped via 2-day Priority Mail; it was sent on 11 Dec from Ohio, and the last update on the USPS tracking site before arriving on my doorstep showed it still in Ohio on 12 Dec, nothing after that at all. Only the best service from our USPS.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to receiving my copies!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting on our copies arriving too, can't wait to see how they turned out.

I'm surprised there aren't lots of photos on here already.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just received my review copy!

Really neat edition!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Presuming they were shipped Media Mail, they take much longer to arrive during the holiday season. Add 2 days to the Postal estimate. Shipping from Las Vegas to the East Coast in June might take 4 business days, but in December is 6-7 business days.
    I got one in today that was shipped via 2-day Priority Mail; it was sent on 11 Dec from Ohio, and the last update on the USPS tracking site before arriving on my doorstep showed it still in Ohio on 12 Dec, nothing after that at all. Only the best service from our USPS.
    Just checked again and it says its out for delivery! Can't wait to get home and see it. The other 2 have an expected arrival of the 23rd. Fingers crossed they make it in time for Christmas.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is still just hovering in "dispatched to sort facility" land and shows a delivery date of the 21st. We will see.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In Mint Condition:2013 Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Waiting on our copies arriving too, can't wait to see how they turned out.

I'm surprised there aren't lots of photos on here already.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Spoiler:
    Front

Back

Spine

Dustjacket

Endpapers

Title Page

Copyright Page

Table of Contents

Shannon's Dedication Page

Limitations Page

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My first thought ... HOW BIG ARE YOUR HANDS!? You make the book look small, and rest assured ... it is NOT a small book.

My second thought ... Aww man, my signature looks like shit ...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    My first thought ... HOW BIG ARE YOUR HANDS!?
    LOL.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My first thought ... HOW BIG ARE YOUR HANDS!? You make the book look small, and rest assured ... it is NOT a small book.

Hmm, I have my doubts over that Sig... I don't like the 'S' and it looks a little laboured....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me? I'm just a delicate flower.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I have my doubts over that Sig... I don't like the 'S' and it looks a little laboured....
    Good point. Might have to move the post to the doubtful sellers thread.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

One package arrived! I love the way the book came together. Great job Shannon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK.......I know I'm going to get slammed, hammered, yelled at, probably called names (some bad)........but please explain
    the thought process behind the jacket. I must be missing something here, please explain so I don't hate it so much. Now, before you yell too loud at me, I love art, collect art, and know someone here made that jacket...this isn't a complaint about his work..but, I just don't get why/how it got selected.

What are the chances of making an alternative jacket to fit the book that looks like the awesome front of the paperback?

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose it's okay to show this off now, a print of "Right to Life" by Les Edwards, signed and limited #1 of 25. I've had this hanging up in my office for about a year now:

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats totally badass there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I suppose it's okay to show this off now, a print of "Right to Life" by Les Edwards, signed and limited #1 of 25. I've had this hanging up in my office for about a year now:

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    OK.......I know I'm going to get slammed, hammered, yelled at, probably called names (some bad)........but please explain
    the thought process behind the jacket. I must be missing something here, please explain so I don't hate it so much. Now, before you yell too loud at me, I love art, collect art, and know someone here made that jacket...this isn't a complaint about his work..but, I just don't get why/how it got selected.

What are the chances of making an alternative jacket to fit the book that looks like the awesome front of the paperback?

Ralph Mulleins
    When I posted the draft of the first print ad, with the abstract art-like design, it got a lot of negative feedback. Which sucked, because I knew that the hardcover artwork was abstract-like. But I like it. I like it a lot. I look at it, and I see portals to other worlds, which --to me-- is a lot like what the book is. It reminds me of Lisa Frank artwork, just with less bright pink and fluffy animals. I knew from the beginning that I wanted the hardcover jacket to be textless, with the exception of the spine. I then had the idea to do the dustjackets of all the In Mint Condition limited hardcovers, but if there is more negative feedback than just one person (no offense of course) then that might change. I already had the idea that Peter Deligdisch would do the cover for the hardcover edition of In Mint Condition: 2014.

http://www.peterdraws.com/

So ... we'll see.

And no, there will not be an alternate cover, sorry.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Ralph Mulleins
    When I posted the draft of the first print ad, with the abstract art-like design, it got a lot of negative feedback. Which sucked, because I knew that the hardcover artwork was abstract-like. But I like it. I like it a lot. I look at it, and I see portals to other worlds, which --to me-- is a lot like what the book is. It reminds me of Lisa Frank artwork, just with less bright pink and fluffy animals. I knew from the beginning that I wanted the hardcover jacket to be textless, with the exception of the spine. I then had the idea to do the dustjackets of all the In Mint Condition limited hardcovers, but if there is more negative feedback than just one person (no offense of course) then that might change. I already had the idea that Peter Deligdisch would do the cover for the hardcover edition of In Mint Condition: 2014.

http://www.peterdraws.com/

So ... we'll see.

And no, there will not be an alternate cover, sorry.
    I actually really disliked the hardcover artwork when I saw the PDF, but now that I have the book, and I'm looking at it, I love it. It looks great.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it a lot. There are so many layers to it, it seems the more you look the more you see. Don't forget about the inside flaps as well.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

As art, I like the work. I'll have to wait until I'm holding the book to say for sure how I feel about it as a cover, but from photos I'm not a fan and will most likely keep the book without the dustjacket on my shelf. Probably frame the dust jacket to preserve it. The image itself gives me negative feelings when I look at it. Not that the art is bad, but that the combination of colors and lines aesthetically inspires discomfort, agitation, and frustration in me. Interesting as an art work, and arguably fitting for the book, but not the kind of thing I want to put on my shelf or think of attached to the book. We have some similar paintings from a local artist that stay in our attic for the same reason. I also put a dustjacket on a book for similar reasons, because even seeing the spine of it bothered me.

I think the artist you have in mind for the 2014 cover is a little different, though. While it is abstract, the sketches seem to have just enough realism and repetition to still be mildly soothing while also intriguing. Of course, I have OCD and this kind of thing digs in to my psyche.

I think the big thing for me is, I am so in love with the paperback art (which I feel so perfectly captures the book) that I wish I had a hardcover of it. I'm just glad it isn't a tree. I just joked with an author about how so many new books have trees on the cover for no apparent reason. lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I'm just glad it isn't a tree. I just joked with an author about how so many new books have trees on the cover for no apparent reason. lol
    ... oops.

Country
    Country Flag

I like the cover. It's striking. It's interesting. It's colorful.

The quality of the drawing is very good. The quality of the paper stock is very good.

I like that there is no writing other than the spine.

The book itself being an eclectic collection, the dustjacket works well for me.

Edit: I also like the more traditional paperback cover.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    As art, I like the work. I'll have to wait until I'm holding the book to say for sure how I feel about it as a cover, but from photos I'm not a fan and will most likely keep the book without the dustjacket on my shelf. Probably frame the dust jacket to preserve it. The image itself gives me negative feelings when I look at it. Not that the art is bad, but that the combination of colors and lines aesthetically inspires discomfort, agitation, and frustration in me. Interesting as an art work, and arguably fitting for the book, but not the kind of thing I want to put on my shelf or think of attached to the book.
    <...>
    I am so in love with the paperback art (which I feel so perfectly captures the book) that I wish I had a hardcover of it.
    This, verbatim.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived. (Altho they could have been mailed in one box?) Will have to set aside some time to really look at.
    I don't know if anybody asked this - but did it sellout?

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast