Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got off my ass and turned in my bio, acknowledgement, photo, and signature.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Hmm. My submission is anonymous. Should I just make something up?
    Do I have to submit something at all?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why you use a pen name, a fake bio, a fake acknowledgement, and a fake picture ala Bachman.
    You could use this pic:

Or this one:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That's why you use a pen name, a fake bio, a fake acknowledgement, and a fake picture ala Bachman.
    You could use this pic:

Or this one:

Hey!!! That's my Aunt Gertrude!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Twisted, PM sent.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's about time that we announce our final artist! Doing the artwork for Ryan Wood's "Brother" will be a relatively unknown artist (until now, of course) by the name of Dustin Amato. I've personally met with this artist, flipped through his portfolio, we have discussed his ideas for this poem, and I know for a fact that he is going to knock it out of the park. Welcome, Dustin, to the In Mint Condition team. We're very glad to have you!

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think it's about time that we announce our final artist! Doing the artwork for Ryan Wood's "Brother" will be a relatively unknown artist (until now, of course) by the name of Dustin Amato. I've personally met with this artist, flipped through his portfolio, we have discussed his ideas for this poem, and I know for a fact that he is going to knock it out of the park. Welcome, Dustin, to the In Mint Condition team. We're very glad to have you!
    I'm very excited to see what Mr Amato will do with my poem. I can't find any artwork from him on google, so I have no idea what to expect. I trust that your judgment is sound, Shannon, and I'm sure that whatever he comes up with will be great. Thanks a lot.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I think all the authors will be pretty happy with the fact that we get an illustration at all!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW This is a really cool idea and project!! Good thinking, Son. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dad.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In Mint Condition: 2013
    By The Numbers - October 29, 2012

16/16 Authors Selected For Inclusion
    13/16 Stories & Poems Proofread
    10/16 Stories & Poems Finalized

14/16 Artists Selected For Inclusion
    11/14 Artists Currently Working On Artwork
    3/16 Artwork Finalized

3/2 Cover Artists Selected (currently deciding between two artists for the hardcover edition)
    1/2 Cover Artwork Finalized

50 Facebook Fans
    14,019 Friends Of Fans (potential reach)

73/100 Hardcover Editions Sold
    47 Paperback Editions Sold

685 Posts In This Thread
    Shannon,

Inquiring minds would like an update if at all possible. I know a few are still anxiuosly awaiting their submissions with editing suggestions! Do you have any target date for actual publication? I know that is hard to answer - just looking for a ballpark date/time period! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Struggling with the Bio/Acknowledgments- cant think of anything to say that doesn't sound pretentious and contrived.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Struggling with the Bio/Acknowledgments- cant think of anything to say that doesn't sound pretentious and contrived.
    Simple. Choose to say nothing. Let the piece speak for itself.
    I would suggest you come up with something-unless you are already famous; this is your one chance to glory; or by not choosing-ignominy.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

My solution was to have someone else write it
    They did a great job, too.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We will be printing and shipping the books in early 2013. If I were a betting man, my bet would be around March.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh exciting!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Ooooh exciting!
    Indeed, very!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We will be printing and shipping the books in early 2013. If I were a betting man, my bet would be around March.
    Awesome! The anticipation is killing me.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Simple. Choose to say nothing. Let the piece speak for itself.
    I would suggest you come up with something-unless you are already famous; this is your one chance to glory; or by not choosing-ignominy.
    +1

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I right that the S/L for this is not signed by the contributors?

Would be interesting to try to get it signed by all who contributed, minus TN of course since she choose to be anonymous.
    Christine

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm confused, and have a poll to prove it. Do I still owe $$ or did I send it off? Too lazy to check!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post

Would be interesting to try to get it signed by all who contributed, minus TN of course since she choose to be anonymous.
    http://www.ambannonbooks.com/

From the website
    "In Mint Condition: 2013 will be released in two editions: A Trade Paperback Edition will be available for $9.99, and a Signed, Limited Hardcover Edition will be available for $49.99. The hardcover edition will be limited to 100 numbered copies only, will feature new unique and exclusive dustjacket artwork by Edward Ziniti, and will be signed by the editor."

The S/L is only signed by the editor.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post

http://www.ambannonbooks.com/

From the website
    "In Mint Condition: 2013 will be released in two editions: A Trade Paperback Edition will be available for $9.99, and a Signed, Limited Hardcover Edition will be available for $49.99. The hardcover edition will be limited to 100 numbered copies only, will feature new unique and exclusive dustjacket artwork by Edward Ziniti, and will be signed by the editor."

Brice? LOL J/K LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    From the website

There must be some kind of facsimile sig thing going on, though. One of the items Shannon wants contributors to send him is a scan of our signature.

Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast