Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In Mint Condition: 2013

Ambannon Books, in connection with TheDarkTower.org, is proud to announce In Mint Condition (working title). In Mint Condition is an open-genre anthology including short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and artwork exclusively from the members of TheDarkTower.org. The finished product will be paperback, most likely 5" by 8" in size, with a first printing run of 100 copies. At this time we are considering around fifteen stories/essays for inclusion.

This is an official Call For Submissions. We here at Ambannon Books are looking for new authors and new artists to come together and help us create our very first publication. We would like the anthology to include all types of writing styles. We would like a short fiction story about werewolf babies on page three, and then on page eighty-seven, we want to read a creative nonfiction essay about the time you and your significant other got lost in the woods and met your first homeless person. I personally would like to read a poem describing the lives of suicidal aliens. Maybe that’s just me though. Essentially, there are no guidelines. You may write on any topic, although topics considered highly offensive may not be allowed publication. The length is also up to the writer. Keep in mind, however, that a short story should not be a novel, nor should a short story be too small that there isn't much of a story.

Artwork: In addition to the written works, In Mint Condition will also include artwork! We will have illustrated cover artwork (in color!), standalone artwork, and select stories will include accompanying artwork. We are accepting submissions for cover artwork and for standalone artwork at the moment. Any subject, any method. If we like your artwork, we will include it in the anthology and/or, after we decide on the final Table of Contents, we will pair you with one of our authors to create an accompanying piece for the story. The cover artwork submissions must be in color and the interior artwork submissions must be black and white. You may submit the same artwork in both color and black and white. You may paint, draw, photograph, fingerpaint, whatever you feel most comfortable with. Please do not base your artwork on anything that we could be sued over (no Rolands or Oys please).

All works submitted to In Mint Condition must be original and previously unpublished. We will have first time publication rights for use in the print and e-book versions of this title only. All other rights remain with the author/artist. A contract will be signed to protect everyone involved, but that will come later on down the road. Additionally, authors and artists must notify us immediately if their work is being published elsewhere before this anthology is complete. You may submit multiple written or artistic works. Each submission must be saved as its own document.

Submissions: Please send your submissions and/or any questions/comments to sgaisserindiego@yahoo.com. All text submissions must be formatted as a Microsoft Word document. Please do not send .PDF versions of your story. Artwork may be on any commonly used file.

Notification: After we have read your written work or viewed your artwork, we will decide whether or not to include that work in In Mint Condition. Once our final Table of Contents is decided, we will personally notify everyone that submitted something as to our decision. For written works, those works that are accepted for inclusion may undergo a recommended editing and revision process between the author and the editors. We will not change your work ourselves, but revisions/edits may be requested. If an agreement between the author and the editorial staff cannot be made on the potential revisions it might affect inclusion.

Compensation: If your written work or artwork is included in the finished product, we will send you one (1) copy of the anthology as our personal thank you. A percentage (to be determined later) of the profit from this project will be donated towards The Haven Foundation.

Due Date: All submissions will be due on Saturday, July 7th, 2012. Please do not submit a “rough draft”, only submit work that you feel is finished.

The staff of Ambannon Books and the editors here at In Mint Condition are really look forward to reading your work and checking out your artwork! Thank you!

EDIT: Our Table of Contents:

Ambannon Books Proudly Presents
    In Mint Condition: 2013
    Table of Contents

1. “Mr. Scratch’s Murder Circus” by Jeremy Gooch (BROWNINGS CHILDE)

2. “The Receptionist” by Bob Ireland (CrinVA)

3. “The Train Graveyard” by Ariel Bosi (Ari_Racing)

4. “Seagrass Encounter” by David Swearingen (divemaster)

5. “Brother” by Ryan Wood (woodpryan)

6. “A Place On Pine Island” by Matthew Biddle (mattgreenbean)

7. “Pumpkin” by Krystle-Dawn M. Willing (stkmw02)

8. “Excelsior” by Jean Melkovsky (Jean)

9. “My First Book” by Jeannine Balsura

10. “The Rule Of Three” by Thomas Cranham (Tito_Villa)

11. “You’re The Best” by Tim Martin (Ben Staad)

12. “Darkness Rising” by Gabriel Ayala (thegunslinger41)

13. “Tabula Rasa” by Hannah O’Connor (Hannah)

14. “Right To Life” by Mike Ziniti (Robert Fulman)

15. “On Monday, I ate my cat.” by Jerome Smith (Randall Flagg)

16. “Marvin’s Retirement” by Ralph Mulleins (Room 217 Caretaker)
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 11-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I won't submit a story since English isn't my first language. But this is a great incentive for me to take up a pencil and start drawing again...

Really looking forward to seeing the end result!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What are you talking about, your English is excellent! If the story is there, we have no problem working with you (or anyone) until we get the sound just right.
    Last edited by Shannon; 09-07-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How exactly will you pair artwork and stories, though? Wouldn't someone who wants to submit an illustration need to know something about the story his or her artwork will be accompanying?

(I may be missing something obvious here, of course I'm just not quite sure I understand that part correctly)

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that is worthy of the title!

I'm not a writer, but always wanted!

Might just give this a try!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew I should have made that point clearer, lol. I edited the artwork paragraph above, thank you.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon who are the editors?

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that's what I misunderstood. So assuming I get paired with an author I will need to send in a second piece?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom, Ambannon Books is run by Shannon John (my pen name) and Amber Amato. I am the head editor and publisher, Brice Beede is my assistant editor, and Amber will be assisting in the selection and editing/revision process. But don't try to manipulate any of us! lol

Michael, yes. We might accept someone's standalone artwork but not ask them to illustrate anything else, we might also not accept someone's standalone art but ask them to be an accompanying artist. It'll all come down to what we think works best.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well i'm in ... i think

Country
    Country Flag

Don't think! Just go for it. There are many talented peeps on this forum and you are one of them!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Don't think! Just go for it. There are many talented peeps on this forum and you are one of them!
    Well if a story of mine is picked then you can illustrate it

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you self publishing then, Shannon?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like a fun project. Too bad I am not a writer or an artist. Would like to have seen my name in lights.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Last edited by Shannon; 09-03-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to give it a shot. I have an idea for a story, and I might be able to find time in the next two months to bang something out.

Btw, Shannon, I know you said "no rough drafts", but it might be a good idea to request proposals (even it's just the author's name) so you have an idea of how many people are working on this. You don't want to get to July and only get two submissions.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I'm going to give it a shot. I have an idea for a story, and I might be able to find time in the next two months to bang something out.

Btw, Shannon, I know you said "no rough drafts", but it might be a good idea to request proposals (even it's just the author's name) so you have an idea of how many people are working on this. You don't want to get to July and only get two submissions.
    A very good point!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Proposals could be a good idea...as would a word-count range.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He did some of that already
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, I believe there will be will be a lot of interested authors and artists that are wanting to get in on this. If we get to July and nothing happens, then consider this a failed experiment. I've already been contacted by almost thirty members (literally) that have expressed their excitation and interest for the project. I just hope that hammering out a finished work (written or visual) doesn't prove to be too frustrating for all involved. I also hope that the excitation or interest doesn't fade in the coming weeks without someone on the boards going "Come on, you can do it! Where are you on your story this week?" I'll still probably do that, lol, but I hope I shouldn't need to.

Rahfa, there is no word count range. Like I said, be as long or as short as you wish. Don't write a novel, but at the same time don't write a sentence. Unless it's a really good sentence, lol.

Bill, thank you so much for the contribution, I appreciate it very much. I considered going with a well-known name for the cover artwork, or for the introduction, but at the end of the day, my idea for this project is that the stories, essays, poems, artwork, etc. will only come from the members of TDT.org. I/We look forward to reading your work.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Mike, I believe there will be will be a lot of interested authors and artists that are wanting to get in on this. If we get to July and nothing happens, then consider this a failed experiment. I've already been contacted by almost thirty members (literally) that have expressed their excitation and interest for the project. I just hope that hammering out a finished work (written or visual) doesn't prove to be too frustrating for all involved. I also hope that the excitation or interest doesn't fade in the coming weeks without someone on the boards going "Come on, you can do it! Where are you on your story this week?" I'll still probably do that, lol, but I hope I shouldn't need to.

Rahfa, there is no word count range. Like I said, be as long or as short as you wish. Don't write a novel, but at the same time don't write a sentence. Unless it's a really good sentence, lol.

Bill, thank you so much for the contribution, I appreciate it very much. I considered going with a well-known name for the cover artwork, or for the introduction, but at the end of the day, my idea for this project is that the stories, essays, poems, artwork, etc. will only come from the members of TDT.org. I/We look forward to reading your work.
    Upon a hill there stood a coo, if it husnae moved, it'll be there noo!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post

Upon a hill there stood a coo, if it husnae moved, it'll be there noo!!
    Okay, Shannon! There's the entire book. Nothing is fit to follow this masterpiece. I say we call the project done.

Spoiler:
    Don't fire me!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice :-)

The only story I ever wrote that I liked was in college back in 1988. It was my take on Little Red Riding Hood from the Wolf's perspective. It is still tucked in my safe somewhere. My English professor liked it well enough. But my writing never took off, and I ended up down the Mathematics route instead.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to read it!

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast