Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Random board coolness

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't know if it is precisely on topic, but it's something I have to say

mine, as the Mouse said, is a long and sad Tail.

When I first came to DT.net, I had no idea I would stay there forever, so I signed up, as I usually do, automatically, under my real name.

Jean, that is.

Very soon I realized that it was a big mistake. Everybody, quite oblivious of the fact that there are French names, too, took me for a lady in disguise, a damsel in distress... it was rather annoying... so someone advised me to PM an admin and ask for a name change.

So I did. In a couple of days I got a reply, saying that my case was handed over to whoever has the authority to undertake name changes.

Years passed.

Well, ok, not years - but not days, either.

In about three or four weeks it dawned upon me that I had acquired some kind of notoriety that would make any name change pointless. I PMed the same admin, thanked that (really very kind and obliging, by the way) person and said no further actions were necessary, or even desirable.

If you're still with me, here comes the glorious Part Two!

When I signed up with this site, I was so exhausted, both physically, mentally and emotionally - it was a real hard day's night - and, naturally, I spelled my name with a lowercase j.

It was a sorry sight. I was at a loss. Then, Fruno said I should contact Matt. I had a strong feeling of deja vu.

But! Here the similarities ended!

I don't know if it was with Matt a matter or seconds or minutes - I went to bed immediately I sent the PM - but when I awoke at dawn, the first thing I saw was my name looking as it should, and a friendly PM from Matt!

Sorry if it didn't exactly fit what this thread is about... but I like this story, and I love this site!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Matt rocks.

Glad you're here, Jean.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    don't know if it is precisely on topic, but it's something I have to say

mine, as the Mouse said, is a long and sad Tail.

When I first came to DT.net, I had no idea I would stay there forever, so I signed up, as I usually do, automatically, under my real name.

Jean, that is.

Very soon I realized that it was a big mistake. Everybody, quite oblivious of the fact that there are French names, too, took me for a lady in disguise, a damsel in distress... it was rather annoying... so someone advised me to PM an admin and ask for a name change.

So I did. In a couple of days I got a reply, saying that my case was handed over to whoever has the authority to undertake name changes.

Years passed.

Well, ok, not years - but not days, either.

In about three or four weeks it dawned upon me that I had acquired some kind of notoriety that would make any name change pointless. I PMed the same admin, thanked that (really very kind and obliging, by the way) person and said no further actions were necessary, or even desirable.

If you're still with me, here comes the glorious Part Two!

When I signed up with this site, I was so exhausted, both physically, mentally and emotionally - it was a real hard day's night - and, naturally, I spelled my name with a lowercase j.

It was a sorry sight. I was at a loss. Then, Fruno said I should contact Matt. I had a strong feeling of deja vu.

But! Here the similarities ended!

I don't know if it was with Matt a matter or seconds or minutes - I went to bed immediately I sent the PM - but when I awoke at dawn, the first thing I saw was my name looking as it should, and a friendly PM from Matt!

Sorry if it didn't exactly fit what this thread is about... but I like this story, and I love this site!
    that was beautiful Jean, it may sound stupid but this kind of appreciation really chokes me up sometimes. I guess its because I love seeing people happy.

Your story about kind of "falling through the cracks" is very common from what I have seen. Our main goal is to always be here for the members and address their concerns same day if possible.

The fact that it matters, and you noticed...and so much more. Thank you for this great post.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, the Directors are green! Cool.

Also, I just noticed that if you look at someone's profile, it tells you which thread they're viewing at the moment.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uh oh, I think Matt's cockles are warming!

*wears shades*

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I turned off the PM length restriction. It's not really necessary, and it kept annoying me while trying to post longer PMs. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I turned off the PM length restriction. It's not really necessary, and it kept annoying me while trying to post longer PMs. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

Thank you! I get Pms where the length restriction wouldn't have allowed for a response sometimes.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    thanks! that 5000 character thing was really annoying.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love those roses

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How could anyone not love 'em?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

ah, but I have a thing about smileys... I actually like people using them, but never got used to using them myself

I think I will make an exception for those roses

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I just noticed the "if you hover over a thread title, it'll show a bit of the first post" thing. Sweeeeet.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

... and you can go to the the original version of a quoted post right from where it is quoted. I saw it in other sites, but it never ceases to amaze.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

If you've added someone to your buddy list, a little plus sign will show up next to their name in the Online List. I dig that.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool! I refuse to add anyone to a buddy list though. I love all of you.

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

is that what the plus sign is? thought the board was sending me secret messages.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ah, come on, Brice. Won't you be my buddy? You always said you love me best.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ah, come on, Brice. Won't you be my buddy? You always said you love me best.

Oh, allright Patrick!

If you rescue me

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to 'enable my multi' but thought it was referring to something else
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

since i dont get online everyday I am LOVING this...
    The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger Smiley is way cool.
    (see sig below)

Country
    Country Flag

New Posts feature works as it really should. At TDT.net, it only shows new posts (= the ones you haven't read) once, and if you click it again, it's only the posts that appeared since your last click. And here I can click on New Posts till I am blue in the face - it will bring the same results till I finally get around to actually reading them. It is very important if you really want to follow new posts.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I just saw what I thought I saw. When my post count hit 69, my title was "Michael Jackson."

C'mon now...leave Mike alone.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or is the link that's supposed to be in the banner on all other pages broken??
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Country
    Country Flag

It's not just you. I noticed that about 15 mintues ago too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast