don't know if it is precisely on topic, but it's something I have to say

mine, as the Mouse said, is a long and sad Tail.

When I first came to DT.net, I had no idea I would stay there forever, so I signed up, as I usually do, automatically, under my real name.

Jean, that is.

Very soon I realized that it was a big mistake. Everybody, quite oblivious of the fact that there are French names, too, took me for a lady in disguise, a damsel in distress... it was rather annoying... so someone advised me to PM an admin and ask for a name change.

So I did. In a couple of days I got a reply, saying that my case was handed over to whoever has the authority to undertake name changes.

Years passed.

Well, ok, not years - but not days, either.

In about three or four weeks it dawned upon me that I had acquired some kind of notoriety that would make any name change pointless. I PMed the same admin, thanked that (really very kind and obliging, by the way) person and said no further actions were necessary, or even desirable.

If you're still with me, here comes the glorious Part Two!

When I signed up with this site, I was so exhausted, both physically, mentally and emotionally - it was a real hard day's night - and, naturally, I spelled my name with a lowercase j.

It was a sorry sight. I was at a loss. Then, Fruno said I should contact Matt. I had a strong feeling of deja vu.

But! Here the similarities ended!

I don't know if it was with Matt a matter or seconds or minutes - I went to bed immediately I sent the PM - but when I awoke at dawn, the first thing I saw was my name looking as it should, and a friendly PM from Matt!

Sorry if it didn't exactly fit what this thread is about... but I like this story, and I love this site!