Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Random board coolness

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Pfft.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently, if you just sit there viewing the online list, it automatically refreshes every 60 seconds.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Whoa. So apparently you just sat there and viewed the online list?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but then when I did it again just now, it didn't refresh.

I'm confused.

Or on drugs.

Take your pick.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice observation Whore-Hey

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see that theres two general off-topic areas, is this just to split up misc posts to lighten the load a bit? Or was there another reason for it?

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

There was some discussion about it in the "Questions About the Site" thread. Basically, it's to kind of spread it out a bit so that the off-topic parts don't become the focus of the site. At least that's the impression I got.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much what Jorge said. We don't want there to be alot of fuss about it, like there was for AE at the .net. I figured this way it is so accessible that it won't seem special to anyone, and there is no post requirement, so it won't become a "goal". Savvy?

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

The board/skin/forums names.... it's all just the bees knees!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love how the little icon in PM's tells you if you replied or not.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that makes sense - and its a good idea to have them spaced apart from a psychological point of view as it draws attention to the range of boards on the forum as people visually scan down the list.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One can post a PM with an animated .gif but it's not permitted as a sig or av file.
    Interesting.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No animated images are allowed in sigs and avs, due to the effect they have on some people's page loading. Check the FAQ for more info.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I love how the little icon in PM's tells you if you replied or not.
    Yeah, that's helpful.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt,
    I wonder if the insert hyperlink can be changed so that instead of a long URL showing up, the person who inserted has the option of for example labling the link: E-Bay?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That was the next hack I was going to look for. I know that there is a way you can code it so it works out right but I would rather the button do the whole thing.

Its a great suggestion and totally in the works.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

[ url=www.vbulletin.com/forum]vBulletin Community Forums[ /url]

is the format, removing the whitespaces. You can also use the link button, and just put what you want the url to be called in the second instance of the url in the code it generates.

Test:

vBulletin Community Forums
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

:drools:

Is it to soon in our relationship to tell you I love you Chris?

I am going to have Aaron put that post in the FAQ

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

To paraphrase Jules Winnfield, "Look at the big brain on Chris!"

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

haha. Io greatfully accept all love and accolades.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Big search engine
    Testing.
    Google

Still testing:
    E-bay

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That eBay link didn't work, ya big tease. :p

The only problem with your middle google link is that the white spaces before url and /url need to be removed.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I figured it out thanks to OchrisO.

For some reason-(help OchrisO) the e-bay link does not work.
    E-bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit:

Figured my mistake out. I didn't delete the extra http://

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think I figured it out thanks to OchrisO.

For some reason-(help OchrisO) the e-bay link does not work.
    E-bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit:

Figured my mistake out. I didn't delete the extra http://

Off-Topic:

The version of The Stand in that link is the most beautiful SK book I've seen. Definitely my favorite.

On-Topic:

Glad to see the named link function working.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast