Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ranking of King's Books

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Top 10, in no particular order (changes depending on the mood):

The Stand
    It
    The Shining
    The Dead Zone
    'Salem's Lot
    Black House
    The Gunslinger
    The Waste Lands
    Skeleton Crew
    The Long Walk

Runners-up:
    Duma Key
    11/22/63
    The Talisman
    Misery
    Pet Sematary
    The Storm of the Century
    Hearts in Atlantis

Golden Middle:
    most everything

To be Fahrenheit 451'd:
    Lisey's Story
    Gerald's Game
    UR
    Roadwork
    Rage

Did I say Lisey's Story and Gerald's Game? Yeah? NVM, it had to be said again. WORST. BOOKS. EVER. As in, I was angry at them while reading them.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

To be Fahrenheit 451'd:

Roadwork
    oh no!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, sorry man. I know you have a soft spot for this book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Top Ten:

1) The Long Walk
    2) The Drawing Of The Three
    3) The Stand
    4) Salem's Lot
    5) Different Seasons
    6) Cycle of the Werewolf
    7) The Tommyknockers
    8) The Gunslinger (original)
    9) Roadwork
    10 ) The Langoliers (ok, ok, it's just one story!)

ok for some reason my #8 displays as a smiley face. Oh well!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Being that it is The Gunslinger, I think it is probably an autocorrect feature of the site.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, this is very difficult, but here goes....

1 - Black House
    2 - The Shining
    3 - The Stand
    4 - 'Salem's Lot
    5 - TDOTT
    6 - IT
    7 - Cujo
    8 - Firestarter
    9 - The Green Mile
    10 - Tie, Night Shift & Different Seasons

I know I will have regrets!!!! BH is my favorite though!!! Honorable mention to DT V and VII and "The Talisman" and "The Tommyknockers"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Being that it is The Gunslinger, I think it is probably an autocorrect feature of the site.
    Haha! Epic response, BC! I need an emoticon for everything I write. Would make life so much easier! Why did we ever transition from hieroglyphics, anyway?

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    OK, this is very difficult, but here goes....

1 - Black House
    2 - The Shining
    3 - The Stand
    4 - 'Salem's Lot
    5 - TDOTT
    6 - IT
    7 - Cujo
    8 - Firestarter
    9 - The Green Mile
    10 - Tie, Night Shift & Different Seasons

I know I will have regrets!!!! BH is my favorite though!!! Honorable mention to DT V and VII and "The Talisman" and "The Tommyknockers"
    Jeez I need to rethink my reading list and read BH. I have so much for school duties my fiction has been on hold forever....

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    7) The Tommyknockers
    9) Roadwork

Jeez I need to rethink my reading list and read BH.
    Yes.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Subject to change at any given moment.

1. The Stand
    2. The Shining
    3. The Wastelands
    4. Bag of Bones
    5. The Green Mile
    6. Duma Key
    7. IT
    8. Wizard & Glass
    9. Different Seasons
    10. Misery

Honorable Mention (aka Just missed the cut!):

Desperation
    The Long Walk
    The Gunslinger
    Black Hoiuse
    11/22/63
    The Dead Zone
    Pet Semetery
    Salem's Lot
    Hearts in Atlantis

And the ones I'd most likely never read a second time!

My Pretty Pony
    Lisey's Story
    Faithful
    Roadwork
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    7) The Tommyknockers
    9) Roadwork

Jeez I need to rethink my reading list and read BH.
    Yes.
    Granted, Tommyknockers was the first SK book I read, and maybe for that reason it's still in my top ten, but I'm not sure - I think it needs a better rep than it usually gets!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I also really liked the Tommyknockers, despite is unpopularity on this board. Infact prior to UTD, it probably would have been in my top 10.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, it's about time for an "IT" re-read!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

It is always time for an "IT" reread...I never tire of "IT"!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true!!

Spoiler:
    You do know the Rangers will fall, right? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true!!

Spoiler:
    Your probably right.
    Spoiler:
    But so will the Yanks. No Wait! GO RANGERS!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Very true!!

Spoiler:
    Your probably right.
    Spoiler:
    But so will the Yanks. No Wait! GO RANGERS!!!
    LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    And I mean that in only the most respectable way!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay I may get kicked off the site for this, but what the heck:

...i've never read IT....

Should I read IT or BH first? Thoughts?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stop whatever you are doing and read IT! Now! . Seriously though, it goes back and forth with The Stand as my favorite books of King. Many would probably agree.

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Stand.... I guess of for all of those multiple readings I could have eventually gotten around to IT. I suppose I should try to find a nice S/L to page through and mark up a bit.

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yayyy for me I used Cthulhu!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Stop whatever you are doing and read IT! Now! . Seriously though, it goes back and forth with The Stand as my favorite books of King. Many would probably agree.
    many do, including many a bear

Jack, really, there's no time like now. Reading - for the first time! - It, immediately followed by Black House is bears' idea of happiness. What a pity they'll never be able to do it for the first time again.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick, read IT now...unless you can possibly do it sooner.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought IT was great, but just to show how tastes differ, even among the most intelligent people in the universe, I thought BLACK HOUSE sucked. I could say I just disliked it, but it does go beyond that. I found the writing style very cliched, and I thiought the passages were drawn out beyond my capacity to still find them interesting. That's about all I can remember; it's been a while since I read it. IF I ever get time (which is doubtfull) I'll read THE TALISMAN and BLACK HOUSE again back to back and see if my opinion changes.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast