Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Ranking of King's Books

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

All right that's it. IT commencing today! I will provide updates as events warrant!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What I've been through so far (excluding short story books): The Stand, The Long Walk, DT as a collective, IT, Salem's Lot, Tommyknockers, The Shining, The Talisman----------------> Insomnia and TGWLTG
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

You might like Roadwork, if you like the other early writing...took me a while to get into it but in the end it was a pretty cool journey.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    What I've been through so far (excluding short story books): The Stand, The Long Walk, DT as a collective, IT, Salem's Lot, Tommyknockers, The Shining, The Talisman----------------> Insomnia and TGWLTG
    So, now you are due for "Black House". Great book!!!!!

FWIW You;ll really love the massive tie-ins to TDT story!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Black House was much better than The Talisman IMO.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no doubt

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree! I think it matters which you read first.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to read these! First IT, then Black House...
    Last edited by Jack Mort; 08-07-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope IT wasn't what you misspelled.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I hope IT wasn't what you misspelled.

Hahaha.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there are five letter words in that sentence professor.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with you though, technically you can get away with reading BH and Talisman out of order why do it if you don't have too?

I liked the way the authors transitioned Jack from young boy to grown man in the two books. I also thought the "groundwork" set in Talisman nicely segued to BH. But that's JMHO. Of course I read them as they came out so I didn't have a choice so to speak.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with you though, technically you can get away with reading BH and Talisman out of order why do it if you don't have too?

I liked the way the authors transitioned Jack from young boy to grown man in the two books. I also thought the "groundwork" set in Talisman nicely segued to BH. But that's JMHO. Of course I read them as they came out so I didn't have a choice so to speak.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Mort, thank you for the suggestion- I'll be sure to put that one near the top of my SK books.

Merlin, you're right! I should read BH this semester while the Talisman is still fresh in my mind.

I also forgot to include On Writing in my list. However, I view this book as in a league of its own and more valuable than the rest because of its practical value. So, maybe I subconsciously left this book out on purpose
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Mort, thank you for the suggestion- I'll be sure to put that one near the top of my SK books.

Merlin, you're right! I should read BH this semester while the Talisman is still fresh in my mind.

I also forgot to include On Writing in my list. However, I view this book as in a league of its own and more valuable than the rest because of its practical value. So, maybe I subconsciously left this book out on purpose
    Cool. You're in for a real treat!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there are five letter words in that sentence professor.
    Spoiler:
    I spelled "then" as "than" - don't ask. My brain is fried!!!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

You got it! It really took me a few years to enjoy some of those early works, but they're really strong character studies, like Long Walk and Rage, for example. It might not get a ton of love, but I'll even throw Running Man in there. One of the best quick reads I've had. And +1 for On Writing - I haven't gotten to it myself but it's definitely on my list!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I too read them as they came out. Talisman has a special place in my heart. I do like BH a lot too though.

If you rescue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    All right that's it. IT commencing today! I will provide updates as events warrant!
    Nice! Let us know how you're enjoying it!

Let's hope not or I'll never read Black House!
    I tried to start it a few months ago, but was so bored by the first chapter I put it down. Sorry Jean I'll try again at some point.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every time you say you didn't like Black House, I die a little.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    Nice! Let us know how you're enjoying it!

Let's hope not or I'll never read Black House!
    I tried to start it a few months ago, but was so bored by the first chapter I put it down. Sorry Jean I'll try again at some point.
    Thanks Heather! Starting tomorrow....yes a few days late. But I'll keep you up-to-date! Is that avatar Rebecca?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really must get out of Calvin's Corner more often. I just noticed this thread for the first time. Here's my breakdown:

TOP SHELF; it doesn't get any better than this
    Black House
    Christine
    Danse Macabre
    Dead Zone, The
    Desperation
    Different Seasons
    Duma Key
    Firestarter
    Misery
    Night Shift
    On Writing
    Roadwork
    'Salem's Lot
    Shining, The
    Stand, The
    Waste Lands, The
    Wizard & Glass

Good quality call brand; always very enjoyable
    11/22/63
    Bag of Bones
    Creepshow
    Dark Tower, The
    Dolores Claiborne
    Everything's Eventual
    Four Past Midnight
    Full Dark, No Stars
    Green Mile, The
    Hearts in Atlantis
    It
    Joyland
    Just After Sunset
    Long Walk, The
    Pet Sematary
    Rage
    Rose Madder
    Running Man, The
    Secret Windows
    Skeleton Crew
    Thinner
    Under the Dome
    Wind Through the Keyhole, The
    Wolves of the Calla

House brand--on sale; okay in a pinch
    Blaze
    Blockade Billy
    Carrie
    Cell
    Colorado Kid, The
    Cujo
    Cycle of the Werewolf
    Dark Half, The
    Drawing of the Three, The
    Eyes of the Dragon
    From a Buick 8
    Girl who Loved Tom Gordon, The
    Gunslinger, The
    Lisey's Story
    Needful Things
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    Song of Susannah
    Storm of the Century

Rockgut; swill to avoid forevermore
    Dreamcatcher
    Gerald's Game
    Insomnia
    Regulators, The
    Talisman, The
    Tommyknockers, The

Hmmm, did I leave any out?
    Last edited by divemaster; 07-14-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added Joyland

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    TOP SHELF; it doesn't get any better than this
    Black House
    Christine
    Dead Zone, The
    Desperation
    Duma Key
    Roadwork

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always cry a little when I see Insomnia rated so low.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, if it's any consolation, it's not as bad as The Regulators.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast