Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The cover looks pretty good!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's nice!
    I am not keen of the type (is it the usual one for King in the USA? dont think so), and i doubt that they'll put THE GUNSLINGER but.. otherwise, it is a VERY GOOD cover!

I personnally would quite like see this artwork as the official cover :

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's nice!
    I am not keen of the type (is it the usual one for King in the USA? dont think so), and i doubt that they'll put THE GUNSLINGER but.. otherwise, it is a VERY GOOD cover!

I personnally would quite like see this artwork as the official cover :

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Evidently King is writing a novel titled "Joyland" that is about an amusement-park serial killer.
    No word yet if a specialty press and/or signed limited is in the works.
    The first thing that came to mind was that this sounds like an episode of Scooby Doo. Crazy antics and hilarity ensue.

I hope to heaven that any signed limited edition is handled by an independent publisher who knows what they are doing and let the big publishers stick to the mass markets.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

@ Patrick for the Scooby Doo idea:

My first thought was that amusement parks need at least one clown. It'd be nice to see a cameo by a certain clown.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    @ Patrick for the Scooby Doo idea:

My first thought was that amusement parks need at least one clown. It'd be nice to see a cameo by a certain clown.
    He does seem to be integrating this kind of thing here and there lately, right? Good call, Brice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Joyland to be published under the Hard Case Crime imprint in June 2013:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ne...ase-crime.html

A new novel by Stephen King, Joyland, is to be published by Titan Books imprint Hard Case Crime in June 2013.

The book will be released as a paperback first, with e-book to follow at a later date. King said: "I loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book."

The title, set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.

Hard Case Crime editor Charles Ardai bought world rights in the title, with King's novel The Colorado Kid previously released under the imprint. The deal does not affect King's relationship with his usual UK publisher, Hodder.

Ardai said: "Joyland is a breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking book. It's a whodunit, it's a carny novel, it's a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don't get to do either because death comes for them before their time.

"Even the most hardboiled readers will find themselves moved. When I finished it, I sent a note saying: 'Goddamn it, Steve, you made me cry.'"

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Joyland-Collecting Discussion

I wonder if there will be a S/L?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well the last Hard Case Crime novel, the Colorado Kid had a set of S/L come out after teh original paperback release! Just thinking!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What Bob says. I'm looking forward to it, it sounds like a GREAT story.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There has to be, with it being a paperback 1st edition someone is bound to snap up the rights for a hardcover, hopefully not JUST a s/l that would suck big time.

With this coming June next year when is Dr Sleep due?, this year or next?.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I ordered Dr. Sleep thru Cemetery Dance with slipcase and it states a 2013 date.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

There has to be, with it being a paperback 1st edition someone is bound to snap up the rights for a hardcover, hopefully not JUST a s/l that would suck big time.

Ms. Mod on stephenking.com had reported a few weeks back that it was delayed until 2013.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Well the last Hard Case Crime novel, the Colorado Kid had a set of S/L come out after teh original paperback release! Just thinking!!!!
    I hope it comes out with 5 different covers, 3 variants and a fake signature. Those are my favorite.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Ms. Mod on stephenking.com had reported a few weeks back that it was delayed until 2013.
    Initially, Ms Mod said that Doctor Sleep would be out in January, 2013. This was later "pushed back" to sometime in 2013. I'm still hoping for January, but who knows?

I am looking forward to Joyland, though. It sounds intriguing.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I will buy it because it is not published by Scribner.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hard Case got King to do the Fifty to One S/L. Could be Subterranean, Could be PS Publishing, could be
    Spoiler:
    秘密

Country
    Country Flag

I think that in the catalog it should be specified that this is not the actual bookcover...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I think that in the catalog it should be specified that this is not the actual bookcover...
    Spoilsport!

I noted on the image itself that it is a mockup.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I am eager for the story, the fact that Hard Case is doing it doesn't really entice me as regards a "Collectible". Don't get me wrong they did a nice job with TCK, but it just wasn't......my cup of tea? No, WOW factor I guess. I'll of course buy it though!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just read this again:

A new novel by Stephen King, Joyland, is to be published by Titan Books imprint Hard Case Crime in June 2013.

The book will be released as a paperback first, with e-book to follow at a later date. King said: "I loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we're going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book."

The title, set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.

Hard Case Crime editor Charles Ardai bought world rights in the title, with King's novel The Colorado Kid previously released under the imprint. The deal does not affect King's relationship with his usual UK publisher, Hodder.

Ardai said: "Joyland is a breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking book. It's a whodunit, it's a carny novel, it's a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don't get to do either because death comes for them before their time.

"Even the most hardboiled readers will find themselves moved. When I finished it, I sent a note saying: 'Goddamn it, Steve, you made me cry.'"
    ... and I don't want to wait, dammit! I want Uncle Stevie to make me cry, too

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    ... and I don't want to wait, dammit! I want Uncle Stevie to make me cry, too
    so, he kicks you in the bollocks?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SERIOUSLY? DEVIN JONES.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast