Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    $500 easy.
    I dunno....is it going to be a paperback?

Based on the price...I think they are taking the trade edition and thwoing it in a traycase.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, these will be hardcover editons!

sk

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my email confirmation for the S/L!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way. When typing NSFS into your search engine of choice, be sure of what results show up. I got an eye full while sitting at my desk at work.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too just got my confirmation email. Is anyone ordering the $40 hardcover when the signed version is so inexpensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    What was lost in the buying spree (at least to me) is that this will be released on 11 June - 2013. That is less than a month away - when was the last time you pre-ordered a SK s/l or lettered book and received it in 4 weeks????
    Um. Never?
    I think the closest for a Limited Edition would be our edition of Full Dark, No Stars, unless I'm forgetting something: announced on 10/19/2010 and shipped on 12/15/2010, a little less than two months. The Lettered Edition, as always, took longer.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Was able to pick up 2 signed limiteds

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The description of the S/L never mentioned anything about a slipcase. So, would CD be making one, maybe? Brian???

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Whew, got a S/L confirmation!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    $500 easy.

Based on the price...I think they are taking the trade edition and thwoing it in a traycase.
    Tippy makes a good point. Based on an earlier comment that the unsigned edition is the "same" as the numbered edition, that would lead one to believe that the only difference between the two is the signature. It may be the same for the lettered edition, with the only difference between it and the numbered edition being the traycase. As far as I can tell, the website does not list any other differences between the two. Any thoughts?

Also, I wonder if Cemetery Dance and/or others will be designing a slipcase for the numbered edition (and possibly the unsigned edition as well), as it appears that it will not come with one...
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Got my confirmation!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    The description of the S/L never mentioned anything about a slipcase. So, would CD be making one, maybe? Brian???
    This.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    $500 easy.

Tippy makes a good point. Based on an earlier comment that the unsigned edition is the "same" as the numbered edition, that would lead one to believe that the only difference between the two is the signature. It may be the same for the lettered edition, with the only difference between it and the numbered edition being the traycase. As far as I can tell, the website does not list any other differences between the two. Any thoughts?
    It looks like that's the only difference. It's a trade hardcover with a tipped-in signed and numbered page. Still... for $75, well worth it!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If Brian hadn't spoken up for these guys, I'd say all of this was too good to be true and that we'd all been had. Here's hoping that the S/L has something a little extra special about it (besides the signature), even if it is just a slipcase or ribbon marker .... something to distinguish it from the trade.

Hey Brian, your surprise better be good tomorrow ... or these guys may have stolen your spotlight.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Brian hadn't spoken up for these guys, I'd say all of this was too good to be true and that we'd all been had. Here's hoping that the S/L has something a little extra special about it (besides the signature), even if it is just a slipcase or ribbon marker .... something to distinguish it from the trade.

Hey Brian, your surprise better be good tomorrow ... or these guys may have stolen your spotlight.
    +1

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For $75, I'm more than happy with just a tipped in sig page.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BIG THANK YOU TO cit74 (Chad), and biomieg (Michael)

I think we broke the USA sales info first, thanks to the incredibly brilliant work by Chad (cit74).
    Thanks to biomieg (Michael) for breaking the UK news here.
    Just another reason to check this site as often as possible.

• Hot deals show up from constant checking of ebay.
    • Quick links help our members with buying a lettered or S/L.
    • Brilliant tech works shows the "back door' to a crashed order site.
    On and on.

I'll merge this with the Joyland S/L thread in a while.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said! I'm so glad I check here every day.

Kudos to Michael/Biomeg as well for posting the UK link this morning. Got my order in as soon as I saw his link.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    What was lost in the buying spree (at least to me) is that this will be released on 11 June - 2013. That is less than a month away - when was the last time you pre-ordered a SK s/l or lettered book and received it in 4 weeks????
    Um. Never?
    I think the closest for a Limited Edition would be our edition of Full Dark, No Stars, unless I'm forgetting something: announced on 10/19/2010 and shipped on 12/15/2010, a little less than two months. The Lettered Edition, as always, took longer.

Brian
    The best I can recall is SIX STORIES in 1997. We sent our checks to Philtrum Press for $80 (plus postage) and got the books a couple of weeks later. Now THAT is how is should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I think it's a great deal.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, fantastic help today!

Cheers
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I think it's a great deal.
    Very much so.

We've been getting A LOT of emails about a slipcase for this edition. It's something I will definitely check on.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HERE! HERE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast