Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,476 to 1,499 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    I already sent Jerome an email offering either a replacement or credit against the damage before the post this morning. I'd guess he posted here to get some consensus on if he wanted to take me up on the offer or not. My bottom line is that I want any customers that order to be happy and if anyone get a problem case just email me individually and I'll do whatever I can to take care of you.

In regards to sharp corner questions that Lot Guy posted, these are all done by hand and the inner corners are an area that can certainly vary a bit in terms of not clean/sharp. The person doing it has to forcefully wrap/prod/stretch the fabric around the corners. Different materials will wrap in different ways. In the 1st photo that looks pretty average. The outside top/spine part in the 2nd photo shows some damage though.
    Tomas did respond to my email and offer to make me happy whatever way I chose.
    I didn't mean to put Tomas on the spot here. I was just seeing if perhaps I was being overly anal about the issue. If the consensus was don't sweat it, they are just normal minor imperfections, I'd just keep them.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

2 things: Tomas makes awesome slipcases. I've been so happy with his product that I immediately ordered 2 of these for both my S/L, and my "trade" limited HC's.

Having said that- I've been on the fence about contacting him about one of mine with similar (actually much more severe) issues. I'm glad Jerome posted photos as now I can see that mine is worth considering getting replaced. I don't blame Tomas at all- these things happen, and, again, I appreciate the photos for comparison.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'll add my two cents. I don't see anything wrong with the first shot. The 2nd shot looks to have damage at the top edge, almost like the material was cut. The others look like the material got glued to the seam of the box.

Personally I'd exchange them, but that's because it would bother me. I'm not really an out of sight out of mind person.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see any real problem with the corners, but I do have a bit of a problem with the dents in the cases.

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

now i have to go home and see if i had dents. i think i would just keep mine with those dents.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    I already sent Jerome an email offering either a replacement or credit against the damage before the post this morning. I'd guess he posted here to get some consensus on if he wanted to take me up on the offer or not. My bottom line is that I want any customers that order to be happy and if anyone get a problem case just email me individually and I'll do whatever I can to take care of you.

In regards to sharp corner questions that Lot Guy posted, these are all done by hand and the inner corners are an area that can certainly vary a bit in terms of not clean/sharp. The person doing it has to forcefully wrap/prod/stretch the fabric around the corners. Different materials will wrap in different ways. In the 1st photo that looks pretty average. The outside top/spine part in the 2nd photo shows some damage though.
    I didn't mean to put Tomas on the spot here. I was just seeing if perhaps I was being overly anal about the issue. If the consensus was don't sweat it, they are just normal minor imperfections, I'd just keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I'll add my two cents. I don't see anything wrong with the first shot. The 2nd shot looks to have damage at the top edge, almost like the material was cut. The others look like the material got glued to the seam of the box.

Personally I'd exchange them, but that's because it would bother me. I'm not really an out of sight out of mind person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't see any real problem with the corners, but I do have a bit of a problem with the dents in the cases.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    now i have to go home and see if i had dents. i think i would just keep mine with those dents.
    Not to take anything at all away from, Tomas he does exceptional work for a very fair price, but you rarely will get a dented wooden case from, Dolso!! (Rimshot)

J/K (we still do that, yes???) I really LOVE that line!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The "dent" on the spine isn't really a dent per se, rather it has do to with how the material is laying over a very small gap of air between the boards & outer wrap that make up the case. The spine and side boards are not completely flush with each other so essentially you're making a round wrap over two 90 degree sides. Forgive my poor MS paint skills but here's a drawing, black is the chipboard and red is the wrap. On the left you see the wrap is pushed in to follow the wrap, on the right it's not and stretches over the gap

Either way is fine as long as the material is even looking, although usually the bindery presses the material in when the inner design uses this method. Here's a sample case from Dead zone, you can see how the material follows the boards.

If you take your finger/fingernail along the spine where the "bump" is, and gently press down along the length of the spine it'll get the material to conform in a nice even way along the length of the material. The bindery probably should have just done that to all the cases during construction, but figured the material was thick enough to keep the edge even as is. In some cases though it's not even. I'd encourage anyone with a "bump" issue to just press along the edge and get the material to flow around the inner chipboard evenly.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tomas!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Thanks for the info and the tips, Tomas.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the explanation Tomas.

Mine has the fold over similar to Jerome's first picture. I find that acceptable. I wish it did look cleaner, but I understand what's involved.

I felt the top and bottom of my case and there are tight edges there. Along the spine I can feel the void Tomas spoke of. On mine the cover spans the gap. I think it would look just as nice if the cover followed the groove.

I'm very happy with mine.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My joyland slipcases had no bumps, bruises or indents. my books are happily slip cased all warm and protected. Thanks! Tomas!! Excellent JOB!

I specifically requested that CARRIE be the next slipcase done. If this does not happen I will never buy another SK book or slipcase again. i am going to make this request on the OBAMA website and start a petition to Tomas at SK Collector. My book is crying for a slipcase.

Anybody else with me?

My Mood
    Asleep

My boycott lasted two minutes. Just bought Under the Dome Signed from Rick.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My joyland slipcases had no bumps, bruises or indents. my books are happily slip cased all warm and protected. Thanks! Tomas!! Excellent JOB!

I specifically requested that CARRIE be the next slipcase done. If this does not happen I will never buy another SK book or slipcase again. i am going to make this request on the OBAMA website and start a petition to Tomas at SK Collector. My book is crying for a slipcase.

Anybody else with me?
    How about a Dolso case? I love mine.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Anybody else with me?
    Cutting into my commissions? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anybody else with me?
    Never! But happy to brag on a fellow TDT member when he has a craft that is as top notch as Mr. Dolso.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anybody else with me?
    Never! But happy to brag on a fellow TDT member when he has a craft that is as top notch as Mr. Dolso.
    LOL LOL Well said!!!

That's, 110, Simon!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slipcase arrived yesterday! Excellent condition and not charged by customs.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone have a spare Joyland Collector Slipcase? He is showing out of stock...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    anyone have a spare Joyland Collector Slipcase? He is showing out of stock...
    I'll have some more available in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my case in Yesterday. Delighted with it. Thanks Tomas!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

At some point we had a Joyland Thread for numbers.

This auction has TEN copies of the book..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Looks like 13 copies available #'s 39, 46, 47, 51, 53, 54, 60, 72, 74, 76, 130, 178, 350

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Yes we did/do.
    Feel free to update the thread you created.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...hlight=joyland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60