Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Evidently King is writing a novel titled "Joyland" that is about an amusement-park serial killer.
    No word yet if a specialty press and/or signed limited is in the works.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Evidently King is writing a novel titled "Joyland" that is about an amusement-park serial killer.
    Now this sounds interesting.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The first question that comes to mind is whether or not this is a serial killer in one specific amusement park (which is my guess) or a serial killer that hunts only in amusement parks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The first question that comes to mind is whether or not this is a serial killer in one specific amusement park (which is my guess) or a serial killer that hunts only in amusement parks.
    You knave, the first question is-are there going to be Signed Limited editions, and if so who is doing it, and how do I get to the front of the queue?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd guess the first option of a "resident" serial killer in an ammusement park.

Edit:
    are there going to be Signed Limited editions, and if so who is doing it, and how do I get to the front of the queue?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Now this sounds interesting.
    I wonder if the killer uses the rides as the weapon? Ever seen the movie Mr. Bean? That virtual coaster shook Bean up pretty bad....haha.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzOSeWOKQjs
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant film!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

an amusement-park serial killer.
    This makes me think about both The Funhouse and Rollercoaster.

I hope SK doesn't abandon the project like he did with The Plant because of possible similarities.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Funland by Richard Laymon had a similar concept so I am curious to see how SK approcahes the story.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Funland by Richard Laymon had a similar concept so I am curious to see how SK approcahes the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    an amusement-park serial killer.
    This makes me think about both The Funhouse and Rollercoaster.

I hope SK doesn't abandon the project like he did with The Plant because of possible similarities.
    I read Laymon's Funland and I think you may be right about King abandoning it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The premise doesn't inspire me or anything....but I wouldn't be worried about SK finding a unique take on the subject matter.

'The Shining' wasn't the first haunted house story, after all...haha...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing that this will be a bit like "The Phantom of the Opera" or "Quasimodo". Just a guess though...To answer the question I think this will be a small press run like BB.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about SK finding a unique take on the subject matter.
    I enjoyed The Plant and wished he finished it. I think he could probably tackle any similar story with his slant on it. He most likely has drawers full of abandoned projects and stories that were too similar to something else. We're lucky to get as much as we do from SK.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

Reminds me of King's short story fragment Skybar.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about this the other day ... Back in the day, the first editions came out and then SOMETIMES, years later, a special edition/signed limited came out. Now, it seems that every book is released as a signed limited.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about this the other day ... Back in the day, the first editions came out and then SOMETIMES, years later, a special edition/signed limited came out. Now, it seems that every book is released as a signed limited.
    Most of SK's limiteds came out along with the 1st's starting with Firestarter. I think The Stand was the first special S/L that came out years after the 1st but it was based on the longer version. So, maybe the Illustrated 'Salem's Lot Edition or the Easton Dead Zone.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When in doubt, check the Catalog:

1980 Firestarter 26+725= 751
    1981 Cujo 750 + 26 = 776
    1981 Danse Macabre 15+250= 265
    1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger 500 + 35 + 87 (publisher/presentation/author/artist)= 622
    1982-85 The Plant 26 + 200 x 3 years = 678 (NOT including proof copies)
    1982 Fear Itself 225
    1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger audio book 800
    1982 Whispers - 26+350=376
    1983 Christine 26 + 1,000 = 1,026
    1983 Frankenstein 500 + 26 = 526
    1984 Eyes Of the Dragon 52+250+1,000=1,302. (SKC states an AE as indeterminate but <10) =1,303-1,312
    1984 The Talisman 1200+70 AE's=1,270 (SKC lists the following: 30 AC's, lettered-indeterminate, 70 AE's, 5 designer, 1,200 #'d)
    1985 Cycle of the Werewolf -350 (20 publishers copies)+(8 presentation copies)= 378
    1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
    1985 Skeleton Crew 70+1,000+ 1 (skin cover)=1,071(SKC lists 17 PC's, 52 lettered, 1,000 #'d, 1 skin=1,070)
    1987 Dark Tower II 850+ 35 = 885
    1987 Dark Tower II Audio book 800
    1987 The Ideal, Genuine Man-500

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if King is getting fed up with the signed editions. He doesn't appear to enjoy that aspect of the process or the book signings. And with the recent screw ups from S&S the whole process left as many people frustrated as grateful to get a signed copy. I'm guessing it is also a terrific headache for everyone. And the ebay reselling appears to be a touchy point with him and Ms Mod. I enjoy getting a signed book as much as anyone, but it sometimes seems like acquiring these books has become its own objective. I can't imagine that pleases SK too much. It's part of his new release routine, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stops doing it. He certainly doesn't need the extra money.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would rather there were fewer of them but I hate the ones that are really expensive like $1000 or more because they'll only get more expensive after being released.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really think he minds them as much as he lets us think. If he did I really doubt they'd happen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I don't really think he minds them as much as he lets us think. If he did I really doubt they'd happen.
    I agree. As a writer I would imagine that having your work treated in the most favorable of production's has gotta mean something to him.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    As a writer I would imagine that having your work treated in the most favorable of production's has gotta mean something to him.
    Still waiting for that Shining (Centipede) limited, though! Guess it'll never happen.

sk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, I don't really think that'll happen unfortunately.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    As a writer I would imagine that having your work treated in the most favorable of production's has gotta mean something to him.
    Still waiting for that Shining (Centipede) limited, though! Guess it'll never happen.

sk
    Well, if you have a signed copy of "The Shining", you can make your own S/L so to speak. I believe there are still a couple of these available!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is our mock-up of the cover for the catalog in case anyone missed it:

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast