Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rainet View Post
    Any chance will CD make custom slipcases for the S/L of Joyland? This is my very first S/L. Would be very nice to see a slipcase for it.
    I can confirm that we will not be producing a slipcase for this title. There may be one in the works from someone else, though.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I just checked. Haven't heard anything and haven't been charged as yet. Order is still showing as "processing" on the Forbidden Planet site.
    Mine shows the same.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've not been charged yet. I don't know where to look on the website for my account.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got off the phone with NSFS. They said Joyland will ship on June 21st.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi John, here's the FP login site:
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/account/...next=/account/

Mine still says processing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've not been charged yet. I don't know where to look on the website for my account.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link (it's now bookmarked). Mine still shows as processing.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice CaliMark is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yes I just got told the same thing on the phone, the S/L are shipping around the 21st, the non-signed state are shipping today...this is for the NSFS copy...

The rep wasn't sure if the Media Mail shipping would be with tracking, can anyone else comment on that?

CaliMark

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yes I just got told the same thing on the phone, the S/L are shipping around the 21st, the non-signed state are shipping today...this is for the NSFS copy...

The rep wasn't sure if the Media Mail shipping would be with tracking, can anyone else comment on that?

CaliMark
    Thanks for the answers, don't know regarding the tracking, but I'll stop checking my emails every 10 mins now! Cheers again.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That explains the shipping charge for each edition, they aren't shipping together.
    CaliMark

Gunslinger Apprentice CaliMark is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    That explains the shipping charge for each edition, they aren't shipping together.
    CaliMark
    If you have the limited edition coming Media Mail can you please let me know if you get a tracking number!?

Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

I requested FedEx ground shipping for mine. I never know what to pick when I don't know where they're coming from.

CaliMark
    If you have the limited edition coming Media Mail can you please let me know if you get a tracking number!?

Thanks.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked whichever of the two shipping methods was faster and more expensive. The book was so cheap for an S/L that I figured it was worth spending the extra few bucks on shipping.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I just hope it arrives in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I picked whichever of the two shipping methods was faster and more expensive. The book was so cheap for an S/L that I figured it was worth spending the extra few bucks on shipping.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just hope it arrives in good condition.

It damn well better!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember the UK Under The Dome fiasco? Bumped corners galore!

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Remember the UK Under The Dome fiasco? Bumped corners galore!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Another illustration from the limited:

Pretty cool.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am trying to be the optimist,dammit.

Oh. Love that illustration.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am trying to be the optimist,dammit.

Oh. Love that illustration.
    I like the artwork, but think it isn't correct to the story, and the period (1973).
    Spoiler:
    The "girls" who took the pictures did not IMO carry a purse while working, the hairstyle is wrong, the shoes with thin ankle straps, and the hemline and cut of the dress bottom are wrong; minor things, and just one ding-dongs opinion.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think the artwork is pretty marginal (and I'm trying to be kind).

Country
    Country Flag

I like the chick on the trade paperback cover better, more what I imagined (and hotter).
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think the artwork is pretty marginal (and I'm trying to be kind).

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad others agree with me. I also don't feel that it is correct to the story. At first I thought it was "the boy's mother" but since she is holding a camera and wearing that dress I don't think it is. I like the trade cover girl better. Tis one doesn't seem finished, like maybe they started and this is the preliminary.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Still would though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really a spoiler. The girl on the cover is one of several park employees that take pictures of guests, and just like in modern times, a person can then go to a kiosk and buy the developed picture.
    The "girls" were dressed a specific way. This image (IMO) strays from the actual description in the book.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. The illustration just isn't right.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast