Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really enjoyed Gerald's Game. Haven't listened to the audio version yet though. I say this every time someone brings up the book, but this book contained the scariest scene ever written for me.
    Spoiler:
    When she wakes up and sees the dude in the corner? That was always the one SK moment that completely caught me by surprise in all of his books
    Yep, still unnerves me just thinking about it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I just started Carrion Comfort at work. I think I read at least 100 pages of this 20 years ago and never finished it. There are 2 narrators which is cool.

I am struggling to finish the new David Wong Fancy Suits book in the car, it just won't end. It's just too long. Lots of people watching tv in it too. Lots of dead ends in the story. He definitely needed a better editor on this one. Narrator is great though.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Realized I haven't read IT in four years. I started the audiobook this morning. I have an 8 hour drive today, so I should get a fair amount into it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Listening to Doctor Sleep read by Will Patton. Have read the book and one of my all time favorites but absolutely love the way Patton reads. Strongly encourage a listen to his work.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Listening to IT on my way home. Stopped at a stop sign and a car turned in front of me. The car was being driven by a clown. Freaky!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Whoa! That would freak me out...

...you werent listening to a scene with Pennywise in it, were you?!

Creepy!

Country
    Country Flag

Of course...Mike was describing about the new round of killings while they all ate dinner.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Listening to IT on my way home. Stopped at a stop sign and a car turned in front of me. The car was being driven by a clown. Freaky!
    Yikes, that's crazy!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I started listening to Other Kingdoms by Richard Matheson and stopped on disc 2 bc Bronson Pinchot was killing me with his NY accent stuff. He did a fantastic job reading Eyes of the Dragon but I didn't like this at all. The story itself was intriguing I will probably read it during the summer.

I'm worried though bc he reads a Winter Haunting which I've been wanting to listen to forever and they just released it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

He might have been under instructions to go for that accent. Hmm. I've listened to a ton of his audio books and he always has a different accent. He sounds like an actual pirate in On Stranger Tides (Powers).

I'm listening to Frank Muller's audio of The Body.

Country
    Country Flag

I started listening to Other Kingdoms by Richard Matheson and stopped on disc 2 bc Bronson Pinchot was killing me with his NY accent stuff. He did a fantastic job reading Eyes of the Dragon but I didn't like this at all. The story itself was intriguing I will probably read it during the summer.

I'm worried though bc he reads a Winter Haunting which I've been wanting to listen to forever and they just released it.
    Strange, I loved his narration of this book.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Posted this in the buy/sell/trade thread, but thought I'd leave it here too.

I accidentally bought a second copy of The Talisman on MP3-CDs when what I really wanted was Black House. The box and the CDs are damn near perfect. Just looking to get what I paid - $10 including shipping PP F&F.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

SOLD

Apple has finally made it so you can download audio books onto separate computers.
    Now I don't have to burn discs to listen to them at home!

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished IT. I had forgotten so many details of the story it was nice to reread/listed to this.

I just started The Passage to prep myself for The City of Mirrors. It's been too long since I read The Passage and The Twelve that I don't remember the fine details. I hate starting a book of a series and having forgotten what had been happening in the earlier books.

I listened to IT 2 summers ago, tons of stuff I forgot. It's better than I remembered. (Although going through a book a second time listening to it always leaves me with a better appreciation of the story)
    I still think the ending is one of the saddest ever. Not being able to remember people you loved is just so sad to me. Growing up around folks with Alzheimer's might have something to do with it.

I bought The Passage and I was going listen to it in the car but I'm listening to Carrion Comfort at work and thought the stories too similar to be listening to simultaneously.
    My wife disagrees. I started the Hitchhikers Guide today instead.

Carrion Comfort was second DS book, Summer of Night being the other.
    It was a really good book but I have to say the Melanie character was probably the most evil character I've ever read. The woman that read her was extremely good, so good.
    I thought a lot of the Palestine stuff was pointless, it's nice he did the research but story-wise it was useless. I've heard he does that quite often in his books.

Started the Passage but stopping b/c I won't finish it by The Fireman Day so I'm gonna listen to Buick 8 to fill the 2 week gap.

Finishing up a newer Beaumont anthology they released, there is only maybe 5 stories that weren't in the Nightride and Hunger compilations.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Gerald's Game and I definitely enjoyed it better than when I read the book myself. Something about hearing the description of
    Spoiler:
    her slicing into her wrists and the "degloving"
    really hit me when I was listening to it. I nearly threw up in the car.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Just finished Gerald's Game and I definitely enjoyed it better than when I read the book myself. Something about hearing the description of
    Spoiler:
    her slicing into her wrists and the "degloving"
    really hit me when I was listening to it. I nearly threw up in the car.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. My first read through was just ok. I actually enjoyed listening to it. It might be that my preferences have changed over the years.

I'm almost done a Buick 8, it's an ok book but as an audiobook it's excellent.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm almost done a Buick 8, it's an ok book but as an audiobook it's excellent.
    Interesting how that works sometimes, isn't it?

I'm just about done with Revival, and I really like David Morse's reading of it.

He is a good narrator. I think he did Dr Sleep too.
    There was some "frog in the pot" like stuff in Buick 8 too that I didn't remember. I think he says it better in Revival.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will Patton did Doctor Sleep. Great reader IMO. He's doing EOW as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

First disc into The Fireman and I already had one of those perfect audio book moments where I forgot what road I was on. Yea! Thanks Joe!

Love Kate Mulgrew, although I think the high end of the audio is blown out a little especially when she does "man" voices. That's pretty unacceptable for $65. Oh well, still excited to listen.

Country
    Country Flag

First disc into The Fireman and I already had one of those perfect audio book moments where I forgot what road I was on. Yea! Thanks Joe!

Love Kate Mulgrew, although I think the high end of the audio is blown out a little especially when she does "man" voices. That's pretty unacceptable for $65. Oh well, still excited to listen.
    I'm also listening. I thought the same thing about the audio. I'm 12 discs in. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

I'm also listening. I thought the same thing about the audio. I'm 12 discs in. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
    Dude. Thank you so much for letting me know that you heard the same thing.
    I'm not crazy! Uh at least about that anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast