Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I'm listening to Matheson's Hell House now and it's a shame that the narrator
    (Ray Porter) is just awful. There is no pacing, he reads like a student in high school that has to read out loud and wants to get it over as soon as possible. A lot of the time I didn't even notice he was talking about different characters and it was a different day.
    Audio book reading is a science and it's amazing the varying quality of readers even nowadays.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

World War Z, which is narrated by a host of actors. Very entertaining.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    World War Z, which is narrated by a host of actors. Very entertaining.
    I really liked the audio version of WWZ. I think the varied cast really added something!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I always follow my annual 'Salem's Lot reading with the audio version narrated by Ron McLarty. He does an excellent job.

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll likely be flogged for this... but I've never listened to an audio book in my life...

As I've been suffering with insomnia, I'm thinking perhaps it's time I try one out? Does King do any of his books himself for audio recording purposes?
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rita Heyworth and the Shawshank Redemption.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    Rita Heyworth and the Shawshank Redemption.
    Thank you very much! I'm ordering it right now.
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, King doesn't do that one (at least not the one I have), it's just what I'm listening to right now lol. I know he did stories for Skeleton Crew back in the day. The narrator on my sound similar to Morgan Freeman so it's pleasant to listen to.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered it anyway as I read it was narrated by Frank Muller, and saw reviews that it was very good. Figured I'd give it a go.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm enjoying the audiobook of Locke and Key. I didn't stick with the graphic novels, so most of it is new to me. It's staged like an audio play. Steve's character doesn't last long!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I ordered it anyway as I read it was narrated by Frank Muller, and saw reviews that it was very good. Figured I'd give it a go.
    I believe you will enjoy any and all of the King books narrated by Frank Muller. He was an amazing voice actor.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia Peabody Emerson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I believe you will enjoy any and all of the King books narrated by Frank Muller. He was an amazing voice actor.
    I'm looking forward to it very much. Everything I've read says the same thing, so I figured I couldn't go wrong, but I'm glad to hear it from someone here. I know zero about audio books, and even less about what, or who goes into making them.

Thank you.

It will surely be a whole new experience for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Listening to The Shining for the first time. I long avoided this one because I didn't care for the Jack Nicholson movie. I must say that I'm enjoying it so far.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This year I began an experiment of listening to the audiobook WHILE I'm reading. I'm currently on Black House after just finishing The Talisman. I'm going to make my next Dark Tower iteration using this method. It's been a lot of fun, but I don't know if I'll stay with it long term. Even though I'm already an extremely slow reader, this slows me down even more. Give it a try some time though on one of those books you've read a dozen times already, it's interesting to bring a new voice into your head besides the one that you've created on your own. Sometimes for the good, sometimes not.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm enjoying the audiobook of Locke and Key. I didn't stick with the graphic novels, so most of it is new to me. It's staged like an audio play. Steve's character doesn't last long!

Bev, I just downloaded this audiobook the other day, but haven't started the audiobook. Did you finish it? Do you still give the production a thumbs up?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Listening to The Shining for the first time. I long avoided this one because I didn't care for the Jack Nicholson movie. I must say that I'm enjoying it so far.
    That movie is a masterpiece!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the audio of Hyperion for $1 BIN. This is one of my favourite audio books.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hyperion...gAAOSwt6ZWVgnx

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Here's the audio of Hyperion for $1 BIN. This is one of my favourite audio books.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hyperion...gAAOSwt6ZWVgnx
    I just finished listening to Hyperion, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I didnt get such a good deal, though! I used one of my Audible credits to get my edition.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Since I had a hard time getting into Mr. Mercedes when I tried to read it awhile back, I thought I'd give the audiobook a try. I'm really liking the narrator, but the story is just kinda blah. I'm almost done and plan to listen to Finders Keepers next.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Aramada by Cline Half way through, not as awesome as RPO, but still enjoyable.
    The Regulators by King Just started. Read it years ago.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

I tried to get through Trigger Warning but I find Gaiman's voice is just too damn soothing sometimes! Taking a break from that to listen to
    In Memory of Running.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Folks,
    not sure if its the right place to ask - but does anybody of you have the Gunslinger, read by king as a digital version ?
    I would need the first chapter only, so maybe somebody could help me out ?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rounding off Christmas Day with one of my favourite Doctor Who stories set at Christmas: The Chimes of Midnight. Love a McGann audio, and this is one of his very, very best. Dark, funny and gleefully twisted and horrific.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

iTunes is doing a $5 mystery or thriller sale.
    The Passage is on there for $5!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast