Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Lisey's Story
    Mare Winningham is excellent.

I finished American Gods, it was really good. Trying to pick a book that will be about 30 hours to get me through the rest of the month until Joe Hill's next one.
    I agree; it is a very good performance. Not one of King's better books IMO though.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

It's my wife and I's second favorite book by him. Most people don't like it or many hate it. I find it to be his most original and emotional story.
    I definitely think (besides Anne Heche) SK gets amazing female narrators.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't hate it and I can see where you're coming from Mike. I still have 2 or 3 discs remaining so I'm not being entirely fair. I am just a little off put by all the SIOWISA stuff. I don't think it's one of his stinkers, just not one of the better ones. Actually, the SK book ranking article I read placed it as #10.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm listening to Hearts in Atlantis. The narrator is good, but the random music is terrible.

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Great stuff.

I'm listening to Owen King's book read by Holter Grahm.
    It's ok so far (3 hours in) not sure I would normally keep going with it if it didn't pretty much get unanimous great reviews and wasn't read by HG.

I had to buy it through audible/itunes so I have to turn it up to 11 to actually hear it.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Of all the Dune books - considering both the Original six Frank Herbert titles and the follow on books (up to 11 I think) by son Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson - Frank's God Emperor of Dune is the hardest to read - the most philosophical in nature; the deepest; there is more thinking and dialogue than any real action taking place.

Well I am listening to the audio version of God Emperor of Dune and enjoying it quite a bit.

And next on the audio list - Book Three in Terry Goodkind's Sword fo Truth Series, Blood of the Fold.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Connelly . Adult Hardy Boys. Good stuff.

I would recommend GONE GIRL on audio. Amazing with the two different narrators.

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Just finished Double Feature, it was good, the ending was totally rushed and silly in my opinion definitely entertaining though.

On to Nosforatu. Not digging the woman narrator at all. She sounds completely rushed, like a kid that has to read out loud in class.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Herbert West, Re-animator red by Jeffery Combs

Apparently the new version of World War Z isn't unabridged and they've cut out parts in the one that was released years ago.
    Bummer.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this at the library and thought it was pretty funny that they used Mia (I think that's who this is) instead of Susanaah to sell copies.

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neuromancer

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started Timeline by Michael Crichton, read by John Bedford Lloyd. Fantastic, so far! I enjoy books read by Lloyd, but Crichton's writing is what makes it great!

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Right now I am listening to The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

How is it? That was going to be my next audiobook.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I was listening to King's short story collections last week. Skeleton Crew only has selections on audio. Nightmares and Dreamscapes has 3 separate volumes on audio. I would really like to hear SC completely on audio. There's a lot of great stories in that collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Right now I'm listening to Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire series. I love the show and the books are great. George Guidell reads them all, and I so dig him. I highly recommend them.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Clan of The Cave Bear: Jean M Auel
    Lucky At Cards: Lawrence Block
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I would really like to hear SC completely on audio. There's a lot of great stories in that collection.
    Me too! There is a full version that was probably in libraries when the book first came out that circulate on the internet but the narrator is pretty dull and the quality is pretty bad. Tapes of it might exist somewhere.

Not all of Night Shift is available either. I have an awesome One for the Road my friend gave me that I have no idea where it's from.

Just finished Ocean at the End of the Lane it was good.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Right now I am listening to The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

How is it? That was going to be my next audiobook.
    I really enjoyed it. It has been a while sice I listened to it so I don't remember a lot about the production value or anything, but the story was excellent.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I would really like to hear SC completely on audio. There's a lot of great stories in that collection.
    Me too! There is a full version that was probably in libraries when the book first came out that circulate on the internet but the narrator is pretty dull and the quality is pretty bad. Tapes of it might exist somewhere.

Not all of Night Shift is available either. I have an awesome One for the Road my friend gave me that I have no idea where it's from.

Just finished Ocean at the End of the Lane it was good.
    I've got Night Shift on cd that I got for christmas one year. I'm pretty sure all the stories are on that. I don't think you can get that from Audible though.

I've got One for the Road and Gray Matter that I swiped from Napster back in the day. That version of One for the Road is really well done.

I'm really addicted to these Walt Longmire stories. They're not real long, only about 9 hours, so I can kill one in a day.

I'm listening to the second half of 20th Century ghosts, it was the first thing I started with Joe Hill on and I didn't really like it and stopped after the 5th story. But after finishing his new one, Locke and HSB and I think I am more in tune to his writing style now and like it a lot more. Or maybe the second half stories are better.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

One of the stories in Nightmares and Dreamscapes, "My Pretty Pony" is read by Jerry Garcia here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_jyCHdMEec#

I really enjoyed it.

Default Hammer Films audio dramas

Hammer films released a couple audio dramas, I might check them out, not sure if they sell to the US though:
    http://www.hammerchillers.com/index.asp

If that's your kind of thing I highly recommend these if you've never listened. Only Season 1 is available.

http://talesfrombeyondthepale.com/

itunes is running a $6 books that are movies audiobook sale right now. Dreamcatcher is one of them.

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/...ing=Audiobooks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast