Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lipsius View Post
    Please help ! I used to own two sets of cassette tapes as a kid (sadly lost during moving). They were stories from Night Shift and from Skeleton Crew, read by multiple narrators,each with a little intro. This was in the early 90's, but the tapes must have been a little older. I know the readers weren't John Glover or Frank Muller , and it wasn't the later release with stephen king and Matthew Broderick. Does anyone know where I could look for those tapes, or an audio copy of them ?
    Listened to those as well really liked them I think they were done by Blackstone Audio

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I was able to buy the famous Mrs. Toddy's shortcut, Gramma and the Monkey on ebay. It only cost me $24.00 plus shipping Someone was selling the One for the road tape but
    it included all 4 the Skeleton Crews Tapes and he wanted like 130.00. Maybe I'll try working out a trade with him for it

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Flight or Fright. Pretty hit and miss for me early on. I'm loving King's intros though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4R2 before the AMC premiere.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Kate Mulgrew is so great, she will always be Vic in my head.
    The series pilot got really good reviews at SXSW

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I am almost done listening to the Blackwater series, which is fine. I don't know why it's gotten such great reviews, it's like a 70s melodrama series with river monsters that show up once every season. Narrator is great though.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. King reading Bag of Bones. Not a book that zooms along but love hearing King read his own books. Anyone interested in writing at all should take a listen to On Writing. King reads that too. Really interesting to hear him talk about his craft.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved the audiobook for On Writing. It's fascinating listening to him talk about his life. I thought I'd get bored once the writing portion kicked in. But that part was very interesting because you got a personal insight into his mind while he writes. I'd definitely recommend it as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I also thoroughly enjoy his narrations of DT I-III. He does a great Gasher.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finnished listening to Revival.. Do not recall reading it. Damn can that man build charactors you feel for. Really drew me in. It did reach a point I kind of did not care for..... had to go back and listen closer to get better understanding.... damn traffic and GPS spouting can be distracting at times.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    She's great reading this book. I didn't care for her reading of The Fireman at all. But I think that may have been due to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Mr. King reading Bag of Bones. Not a book that zooms along but love hearing King read his own books. Anyone interested in writing at all should take a listen to On Writing. King reads that too. Really interesting to hear him talk about his craft.
    One of my favorite King novels. Haven't listened to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Just finnished listening to Revival.. Do not recall reading it. Damn can that man build charactors you feel for. Really drew me in. It did reach a point I kind of did not care for..... had to go back and listen closer to get better understanding.... damn traffic and GPS spouting can be distracting at times.
    Revival is one of my least favorites. I felt little to nothing for the characters.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I also did not care for Revival. The whole novel felt kind of flat to me. I can barely remember anything about it actually.

I'm now listening to The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin. It's the second in her Broken Earth trilogy, and I'm liking it so far.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

I never really rip on Steve for endings but the whole ending reveal in Revival was just silly, maybe there's some myth or Lovecraft symbolism/connection that I don't know about but I just thought it was silly and depressing. Other than that I thought it was a great page turner with a wet fart at the end.
    The narrator choice was excellent though.

[QUOTE=Brian861;1141650]
    She's great reading this book. I didn't care for her reading of The Fireman at all. But I think that may have been due to the source material.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Fireman was lame. Sorry Joe.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Recently finished THE OUTSIDER.
    Now listening to END OF WATCH.
    I should have reversed the order.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=mikeC;1141821]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Fireman was lame. Sorry Joe.
    The Fireman was a chore to get through for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Spoiler alert, Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yep. Spoiler alert, Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    D’oh!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Does anyone know if Frank Muller read The Gunslinger and if so, was it released commercially or will I have to find library copies.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, the version I have has Frank Muller narrating it. I assume it was released, but I just looked on Amazon and it has George narrating it. Did George go back and redo the earlier ones that Frank originally narrated? Or was it the revised version that George narrated?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Just the revised edition of The Gunslinger. Frank's versions of DT II-IV are the most recent recorded, I believe, and the ones still available on (for example) audible.com.

Frank does a fine job. His breathy dramatic style is an acquired taste, but once acquired, it suits the material, I think.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Sleeping Beauties. I enjoyed it but didn't love it. I guess I wanted more of an ending.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I tried listening to Richard Chizmar's short story collection A Long December but it's just not my thing. The 6 stories I listened to all were about serial killers or dead bodies or just murder all with a "That's it?" reaction to the endings. He is a good writer but I'm just not into it.

Listened to Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan it was fine, nice charector study reflection on life. Not really my thing either but it kept me interested.

Country
    Country Flag

About to the end of NOS4A2 and it's been one helluva ride! Loving it!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Just the revised edition of The Gunslinger. Frank's versions of DT II-IV are the most recent recorded, I believe, and the ones still available on (for example) audible.com.

Frank does a fine job. His breathy dramatic style is an acquired taste, but once acquired, it suits the material, I think.

HBJ
    Ive listened to both versions of The Gunslinger, and Frank Muller's version is my favorite (revisions aside)
    Muller is my favorite narrator. George Guidal does a great job on all his narration (that Ive listened to); but, I really love Frank Mullet's style.
    His reading of The Prince of Tides is fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast