Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Finished McCammon's The Listener which kinda bored me. It was fine. Started re-listening to Blaze to see if I just don't like kidnapping books, it's better than I remembered.
    Listening to We Have Always Lived in the Castle at work. It's making me feel weird, lot's of paranoia in this one. The narrator is pretty creepy sounding.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sleeping Beauties. It's ok for me so far but, I'm still pretty much at the beginning.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

About halfway through Gone Girl. I love when they mix both male and female narrators into the story. So far so good. I've seen the movie so I know what's coming, but man Nick is such an unlikable character.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I thought Blaze was pretty great better than I remembered. I went from Ron Mclarty reading about a slow fellow to listening to Mclarty's own book about a slow fella Smithy Ide in Memory of Running.

Traveler lipsius is on a distinguished road

Please help ! I used to own two sets of cassette tapes as a kid (sadly lost during moving). They were stories from Night Shift and from Skeleton Crew, read by multiple narrators,each with a little intro. This was in the early 90's, but the tapes must have been a little older. I know the readers weren't John Glover or Frank Muller , and it wasn't the later release with stephen king and Matthew Broderick. Does anyone know where I could look for those tapes, or an audio copy of them ?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I thought Blaze was pretty great better than I remembered. I went from Ron Mclarty reading about a slow fellow to listening to Mclarty's own book about a slow fella Smithy Ide in Memory of Running.
    I really enjoyed Blaze as well.

Deeper into Sleeping Beauties and I'm really enjoying it now.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

FYI audible is having a 2-for-1 sale on selected titles, and 3 King titles are in the sale - Bag of Bones, Salem's Lot, and Duma Key.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by lipsius View Post
    Please help ! I used to own two sets of cassette tapes as a kid (sadly lost during moving). They were stories from Night Shift and from Skeleton Crew, read by multiple narrators,each with a little intro. This was in the early 90's, but the tapes must have been a little older. I know the readers weren't John Glover or Frank Muller , and it wasn't the later release with stephen king and Matthew Broderick. Does anyone know where I could look for those tapes, or an audio copy of them ?
    I've never heard of these sorry. I'd say they were library editions but they never did multiple authors.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lipsius View Post
    My Night Shift was read by John Glover. My Skeleton Crew Selections is ex-library, and contains 4 stories, but it must be the later release as it have King reading The Raft and Broderick reading The Monkey. Sorry!

The poster had their question answered on the sk forum:

https://stephenking.com/xf/index.php...9/#post-890535

I can't see the pics but I have One for the road with Colin Fox reading but I have never seen the tapes. The Skeleton Crew ones show up on ebay sometimes with ridiculous prices for Mrs. Todd's and Gramma for like $400/600 BIN

Forgot why I didn't like Duma Key so I started that again. I forgot the guy from Mad Men, John Slattery does the reading. He is great but my dislike of this book isn't really changing. I think Steve doesn't respect artists, I could be wrong but his emphasis on snooty art dealers and how much art and art supplies cost is what makes me think this way. I realllly don't like the "How to draw a picture" flashback scenes. Oh well, I'll stick with it, I'll get a nice break when Fright or Flight comes out next week!

Traveler theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt will become famous soon enough theegypt's Avatar

Just started Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan.

Well I finished Duma King and I have to say it's probably the only book by Steve I actually hate. I'm not sure why but it might be the first person narrative. Then this happened then this happened oh wait I forgot to tell you this happened then this happened. Puke. Maybe he was trying to emulate a certain style, all it did was aggravate me. Anyhoo...

Listening to Straub's Ghost Story which has a lot of first person in it and is good. This book is great, a classic. Highly recommended.

Also I am listening to another Matheson compilation Offbeat. It's released by Valancourt books who are re-releasing out of print horror books. If you've read Paperbacks From Hell (which is awesome) these are some of the books they are releasing and they also are putting out audio versions. The Elementals and Burnt Offerings are to name a few. They even have Michael McDowell's Blackwater series which is 6 books as one audio book for under $30. That's pretty cool.
    Check it:
    http://www.valancourtbooks.com/audiobooks.html

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Following up my 'Salem's Lot re-read with a SL re-listen. Ron McLarty does a nice, understated job. Highly recommended.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I finished Duma King and I have to say it's probably the only book by Steve I actually hate. I'm not sure why but it might be the first person narrative. Then this happened then this happened oh wait I forgot to tell you this happened then this happened. Puke. Maybe he was trying to emulate a certain style, all it did was aggravate me. Anyhoo...
    That's a bummer, Duma Key is one of my top King books. To each his own though.

Currently re-listening to Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's a bummer, Duma Key is one of my top King books. To each his own though.

Currently re-listening to Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.
    Agreed about Duma Key and sorry you didn't like it. It's one of my favorite King books as well. Maybe the audio messed it up for you and it's best to be read traditionally.

Finished up Sleeping Beauties and it really went wandering off someplace after about halfway through.

I'm currently listening to the Invasion of the Body Snatchers and it's just ok for me.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been working my way through Ron Chernow's Hamilton Biography. Man are biographies dry....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I've been working my way through Ron Chernow's Hamilton Biography. Man are biographies dry....
    Are you taking a class or what? lol.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha nope. Just felt like learning something for once. Saw the musical and enjoyed it and in classic bookish form, had to read the book and to see how close to original he stayed
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Ha nope. Just felt like learning something for once. Saw the musical and enjoyed it and in classic bookish form, had to read the book and to see how close to original he stayed
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Gotcha

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I decided I needed some Joe Hill in my life and since SOMEBODY has borrowed all my Hill audiobooks, I picked up The Fireman. Considering I was completely exhausted yesterday and it helped me zone for a 2-hour drive, I'd say I'm enjoying it! Kate Mulgrew is narrating.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I decided I needed some Joe Hill in my life and since SOMEBODY has borrowed all my Hill audiobooks, I picked up The Fireman. Considering I was completely exhausted yesterday and it helped me zone for a 2-hour drive, I'd say I'm enjoying it! Kate Mulgrew is narrating.
    Hopefully you'll get 'em back at some point I'm currently listening to The Outsider and enjoying it so far. I'm on disc 4, wherever that is in the book.

Kate Mulgrew is awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't care for The Fireman at all.

I didn't care for The Fireman at all.
    I Hated it. Cheese. So unlike Joe too. Concept was neat but the book was not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast