Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Sorry, the Strange Weather I got was an advanced readers copy, I think that's different then a proof. I don't have FB so I'm not sure.
    Gotcha, thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I was just at the library this morning looking for Heart Shaped Box. Unfortunately they didn't have it. I've read the book before but need to reread it for a book club and was going to listen to it this time. Let me know how the audio version is.
    Wasn't too bad. I thought it got better as it went along. Now I'm on to 20th Century Ghosts
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I was just at the library this morning looking for Heart Shaped Box. Unfortunately they didn't have it. I've read the book before but need to reread it for a book club and was going to listen to it this time. Let me know how the audio version is.
    Wasn't too bad. I thought it got better as it went along. Now I'm on to 20th Century Ghosts
    Some of those stories really stuck with me. I think about the Rundown quite a bit for some reason. I actually liked the comic of The Cape better than the story.
    Great stuff though.

I love this post by Joe about HSB:

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/po.../the-dog-lives

Country
    Country Flag

Some of those stories really stuck with me. I think about the Rundown quite a bit for some reason. I actually liked the comic of The Cape better than the story.
    Great stuff though.

I love this post by Joe about HSB:

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/po.../the-dog-lives
    Spoiler:
    Good read! I'm a huge dog lover so it did suck when the dogs died. Kinda saw it coming though and they served their purpose in the book. To protect their human counterparts at all cost.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been listening to Thinner read by Joe Montanga. Almost done. It's been a fun listen. Joe Montanga does a good job.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Been listening to Thinner read by Joe Montanga. Almost done. It's been a fun listen. Joe Montanga does a good job.
    He as in the movie as well, correct? Good actor!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love listening to him read audiobooks!

Just finished Locke & Key. Finally decided to take a chance, as I wasn't sure about an audiobook of a graphic novel. It was really different. I liked it!

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the movie. That is ironic, I have been telling myself, he is especially good when he is in Genelli's POV. Come to find out that is who he played in the movie. Awesome.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I love listening to him read audiobooks!

Just finished Locke & Key. Finally decided to take a chance, as I wasn't sure about an audiobook of a graphic novel. It was really different. I liked it!
    That's really cool, Dez! I'm digging the narrator for 20th Century Ghost.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the movie. That is ironic, I have been telling myself, he is especially good when he is in Genelli's POV. Come to find out that is who he played in the movie. Awesome.
    The movie wasn't especially good but I thought I remembered Joe being in it. Thinner was the first King book I ever read. Didn't know King had written it til I was told after I finished it lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

20th Century Ghosts is my favorite of his. I'm not normally a huge short story lover, but there's some really good ones in here. Pop Art is actually my favorite short story ever.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Thinner was the first audiobook I ever listened to, I'm pretty sure it was abridged. I listened to it in my bedroom basically staring at the wall, weirdo, haha.

Brian how long is your commute? It's brutal for me now that school is back in session.

Country
    Country Flag

Thinner was the first audiobook I ever listened to, I'm pretty sure it was abridged. I listened to it in my bedroom basically staring at the wall, weirdo, haha.

Brian how long is your commute? It's brutal for me now that school is back in session.
    Ironically it's longer when I work around my home. About 1:15 to 1:20 each way. Roughly three hours give or take round trip. I'm headed to North Platte, NE today where I might be for the next 3 months. My commute from the hotel to work, about 5 minutes It'll save me a ton in gas money and wear and tear. 6 hour trip to get there from here so I'll knock out a good chuck of 20th Century Ghost this afternoon .

Damn dude why even drive if it's 5 minutes? That's great, congratulations. I dream for a day when I don't have to drive in that traffic anymore.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Me too. My commute is just over an hour each way, which sucks. And that's with just normal traffic. If there's an accident or something on the highway it's taken me 2-3 hrs to get home.

As for audiobooks I just started listening to Duma Key. Really enjoying the narrator so far.

There's always an accident or a car fire or bridge work or a ladder on the highway....
    John Slattery is pretty good. Duma isn't one of my favorites though. The book cover is awesome.

Oh really, I love Duma Key. It's one of my top King books. This is the first time I've listened to the audio version though.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh really, I love Duma Key. It's one of my top King books. This is the first time I've listened to the audio version though.
    I really liked the audio version!

Country
    Country Flag

Damn dude why even drive if it's 5 minutes? That's great, congratulations. I dream for a day when I don't have to drive in that traffic anymore.
    Thanks! Walking really not an option I'm afraid to the job site.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I really liked the audio version!
    Loved the book but haven't listened to the audio.

Brilliance audio has the Dead Zone for $15

https://www.audiobookstand.com/Autho...-1-5082-1864-7

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting! It states the narrator is to be announced. Is this actually the one that James Franco recorded?

I'm currently listening to The Talisman. I've never read the book and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it yet. It's more on the fantasy side for my taste. I'll finish it though and listen to Black House right after.

Thanks for posting! It states the narrator is to be announced. Is this actually the one that James Franco recorded?

I'm currently listening to The Talisman. I've never read the book and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it yet. It's more on the fantasy side for my taste. I'll finish it though and listen to Black House right after.
    I bet it's Franco they probably wouldn't have 2 different narrators in the same year.
    I'm finishing the Talisman, one of my favorites. Black House is ok, major disappointment for me but it's ok.
    Last edited by mikeC; 10-04-2017 at 08:23 AM. Reason: grammer

Surprise Season 4 is on sale today!

http://talesfrombeyondthepale.com/

Listening to The Best of Richard Matheson that just came out, it's like a best of narrator too, there's a different one for every story so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast