Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently listening to The Dispatcher by John Scalzi and read by Zachary Quinto. Great story and Quinto's reading is excellent!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neale Donald Walsch - Conversations with God. Book 3.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Rage by Stephen King. It is definitely an older recording but I kinda like the nostalgic feel of the sound.

Also started Mortal Engines but Reeve

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MindHunter and Bag of Bones

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Just the revised edition of The Gunslinger. Frank's versions of DT II-IV are the most recent recorded, I believe, and the ones still available on (for example) audible.com.

Frank does a fine job. His breathy dramatic style is an acquired taste, but once acquired, it suits the material, I think.

HBJ
    Ive listened to both versions of The Gunslinger, and Frank Muller's version is my favorite (revisions aside)
    Muller is my favorite narrator. George Guidal does a great job on all his narration (that Ive listened to); but, I really love Frank Mullet's style.
    His reading of The Prince of Tides is fantastic.
    I agree. George is great, but Frank was the best.

Currently listening to Sleeping Beauties, by SK and OK.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm currently listening to The Dispatcher by John Scalzi and read by Zachary Quinto. Great story and Quinto's reading is excellent!
    I really enjoyed The Dispatcher as well, and it got me looking into Scalzi as I hadnt read (heard) anything of his.
    Im on the 2nd book of The Interdependency series. Im loving it too, even if Wil Wheaton isnt my favorite narrator sometimes.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Dispatcher as well, and it got me looking into Scalzi as I hadnt read (heard) anything of his.
    Im on the 2nd book of The Interdependency series. Im loving it too, even if Wil Wheaton isnt my favorite narrator sometimes.
    Same here as far as Scalzi. I got it free has part of Audible and it looked interesting. What is the Interdependency Series about?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2/3rds done with Dr Sleep...............LOVE IT
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Same here as far as Scalzi. I got it free has part of Audible and it looked interesting. What is the Interdependency Series about?
    Its about a group of human outposts, ruled by an emperor of sorts and powerful trade guilds. The settlements are linked by a quirk in spacetime that is now shifting. Lots of political power plays and spaceflight. Scalzi writes some wickedly interesting charcters!

Country
    Country Flag

Its about a group of human outposts, ruled by an emperor of sorts and powerful trade guilds. The settlements are linked by a quirk in spacetime that is now shifting. Lots of political power plays and spaceflight. Scalzi writes some wickedly interesting charcters!
    Thanks! Might have to add it to the wish list.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I just recently discovered Hoopla, which is a free app that allows you to stream media from your local library. It has a lot of stuff to read, watch, and listen to, but sadly not everything. I've always avoided audiobooks because I simply cannot concentrate enough and my mind invariably will wander. With podcasts it's different, since they;re usually more conversational and laid back. But I've been re-reading (listening) Richard J. Evans's Third Reich trilogy of non-fiction books on Nazi Germany. Almost done with the first volume, The Coming of the Third Reich. I'm treating this as a history podcast and it's mostly working. The mind still wanders so I have to use the skip back button.

It's a great book series that I would recommend to anyone. And reading (or listening to this) again (I first read this about ten years ago), you can't help but make comparisons with the present. There are so many eerie similarities between what was happening in Germany in the 1920s and '30s and what we're seeing on the far right not only here in the US but all over the world. That's not to compare anyone to Nazis, but knowing history and what can cause the ultimate dictatorship to seize complete power is important, I believe. But indeed a lot of what we're currently seeing on the right has direct echos from the past.

Country
    Country Flag

Currently listening to The Chalk Man. It's ok but nothing great.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Everyone seemed to be raving about The Chalk Man so I added it to my list but haven't gotten to it yet. Curious of your thoughts once you finish.

Just started listening to Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Really enjoying it so far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jaws
    The book is so much more melodramatic compared to the movie. The movie wins the prize on this one.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Revival. Read by fantastic character actor David Morse.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Warnings Unheeded: Twin Tragedies at Fairchild Air Force Base by Andy Brown.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. The end of the world is documented by a man writing a biography of the man who created the atomic bomb.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Brother by Ania Ahlborn. Narrator is pretty bad but I'm pushing through it for the story.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. The end of the world is documented by a man writing a biography of the man who created the atomic bomb.
    My favorite Vonnegut
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Is The Haunting of Hill House worth a listen?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think so. It's a good book, but if you haven't read it before don't expect an all out scary book. It's much quieter and more subtle. I think the audiobook is actually up on YouTube as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I think so. It's a good book, but if you haven't read it before don't expect an all out scary book. It's much quieter and more subtle. I think the audiobook is actually up on YouTube as well.
    Thanks. Racking my brain trying to remember if I've listened to it or not

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Is The Haunting of Hill House worth a listen?
    I liked it, and the narrator fits the material.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2/3’s into Roadwork. Very enjoyable. Love the old references and feel. Even the language has an oldness to it.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I just listened to Roadwork a few weeks ago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast