2018 DT.Org Fundraiser-The Last Hurrah!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 365

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

  1. #301
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Listening to David Balducci's Christmas Train I got for $4 last year, it's ok, I never read anything that he wrote. It reads like a screenplay, Tim Matheson is really good though.

  2. #302
    Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Territories of Northern Virginia
    Posts
    886
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Christmas Train is definately different from typical Baldacci. I enjoyed the Will Robie series. Starts with ‘The Innocent’, I also like the narrators for the audio versions. Also, Absolute Power is a great read and listen.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

    WTB:
    -S/L First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie (Subterranean Press)

  3. #303
    Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    5,721
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Currently listening to King & Straub's Black House. Less than thrilled as I was with The Talisman as well. I'm thinking I'm not a huge fan of King's collaborations with other writers. Although I did quite enjoy Throttle that he did with Joe. Jury is still out I reckon as I have several more collaborations to listen to.

    P.S. If you're reading this, Dez, I'm still working my way through the box you sent me
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  4. #304
    Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    97
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Currently listening to Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection Audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry. Fry might just be my favorite narrator, closely followed by the late great Frank Muller.

  5. #305
    Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    2,239
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Currently listening to King & Straub's Black House. Less than thrilled as I was with The Talisman as well. I'm thinking I'm not a huge fan of King's collaborations with other writers. Although I did quite enjoy Throttle that he did with Joe. Jury is still out I reckon as I have several more collaborations to listen to.

    P.S. If you're reading this, Dez, I'm still working my way through the box you sent me

    I am, and take your time, Brian. I still have a whole shelf. BTW, I agree. I actually don't like Peter Straub's work at all (holds breath waiting to get yelled at). Still haven't dove into Sleeping Beauties, though.

  6. #306
    Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    5,721
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Currently listening to King & Straub's Black House. Less than thrilled as I was with The Talisman as well. I'm thinking I'm not a huge fan of King's collaborations with other writers. Although I did quite enjoy Throttle that he did with Joe. Jury is still out I reckon as I have several more collaborations to listen to.

    P.S. If you're reading this, Dez, I'm still working my way through the box you sent me

    I am, and take your time, Brian. I still have a whole shelf. BTW, I agree. I actually don't like Peter Straub's work at all (holds breath waiting to get yelled at). Still haven't dove into Sleeping Beauties, though.
    Me either of Straub. I tried to read Ghost Story once, which is supposed to be one of his better books. I don't think I made it 25 pages in before putting it down. It'll be awhile before I get to SB. Black House seems to be getting better about halfway through disc 2.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  7. #307
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    I love Ghost Story, have you tried listening to it?

    The Talisman is one of my favorite books, it's got giant slugs!, world flipping! and people flying with home wings! What do you guys want out of a book?

    Black House was just ok, there's some neat stuff in it. I never heard of Albert Fish until I read that book. That dude's scarier than anything in a book.

  8. #308
    Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    5,721
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I love Ghost Story, have you tried listening to it?

    The Talisman is one of my favorite books, it's got giant slugs!, world flipping! and people flying with home wings! What do you guys want out of a book?

    Black House was just ok, there's some neat stuff in it. I never heard of Albert Fish until I read that book. That dude's scarier than anything in a book.
    Nope, never tried listening to it but I'm open to it. It'd be a long while though. Got lots of listening already in the Q.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  9. #309
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Breathing Method read by Frank Mueller is a perfect thing.
    Started Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer read by Carolyn Mccormick who is usually pretty good but she sounds like she's reading out of a text book. Maybe that's the writing style? I have no idea what's going on in the book so far.

    Starting Strange Weather soon, I was bummed Wil Wheaton reads the first story bc I just think he's awful at it, but maybe it was bc I heated Player One so much that I thought he was awful...we'll see.

  10. #310
    Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    2,490
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Breathing Method read by Frank Mueller is a perfect thing.
    Started Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer read by Carolyn Mccormick who is usually pretty good but she sounds like she's reading out of a text book. Maybe that's the writing style? I have no idea what's going on in the book so far.

    Starting Strange Weather soon, I was bummed Wil Wheaton reads the first story bc I just think he's awful at it, but maybe it was bc I heated Player One so much that I thought he was awful...we'll see.
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.

  11. #311
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.
    The nice way to say it is I just thought it was a little too memberberries for me.

  12. #312
    Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    2,490
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.
    The nice way to say it is I just thought it was a little too memberberries for me.
    Haha I love the south park reference!

  13. #313
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.
    The nice way to say it is I just thought it was a little too memberberries for me.
    Haha I love the south park reference!
    Thumbs up emoticon. Love those episodes!

  14. #314
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Wil Wheaton was actually pretty good doing Postcards in Strange Weather. It was neat there was a Stand By Me reference in the story with him reading it.

  15. #315
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    I'm listening to Rose Madder at work, it's cool, I don't think I've come across this in another SK audio book but Blair Brown reads the woman parts and Steve reads the cop parts.
    It's been 22 years since I first read it so I don't remember a thing about this book besides domestic abuse, a painting and a Dark Tower tease. It's good so far.

  16. #316
    Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    5,721
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'm listening to Rose Madder at work, it's cool, I don't think I've come across this in another SK audio book but Blair Brown reads the woman parts and Steve reads the cop parts.
    It's been 22 years since I first read it so I don't remember a thing about this book besides domestic abuse, a painting and a Dark Tower tease. It's good so far.
    I really enjoyed Rose Madder back when I read it. It's been years like yourself so I don't recall much.

    I'm just finishing up In the Tall Grass by King & Hill; read by Stephen Lang. I'm a huge fan of Lang as a narrator. I thought he did a fantastic job reading Heart Shaped Box. Dude's not a bad actor IMO either.

    SW is up next in the Q.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  17. #317
    The Terror Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,956

    Default

    Just started The Girl on the Train the other day and I'm almost done with it. Love how it's narrated by 3 different women. Two of them are really good, and thankfully they're the two main ones, because the woman that narrates for Anna has a bit of a monotone voice. Don't know why they cast her. Luckily she's only narrated a very small part so far.

  18. #318
    Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    2,239
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just started The Girl on the Train the other day and I'm almost done with it. Love how it's narrated by 3 different women. Two of them are really good, and thankfully they're the two main ones, because the woman that narrates for Anna has a bit of a monotone voice. Don't know why they cast her. Luckily she's only narrated a very small part so far.
    Good! That's on my "to be listened to" pile.


    I am currently listening to Run, one of the Blake Crouch books that it was suggested I read. The narrator has a great voice, but I don't really like his "woman" parts. Enjoying the story a lot though.

  19. #319
    The Terror Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,956

    Default

    Love Run! It's one of my favorites of his. It is weird when someone tries to do the opposite sex most of the time Glad you're still enjoying the story.

  20. #320
    Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    2,239
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Love Run! It's one of my favorites of his. It is weird when someone tries to do the opposite sex most of the time Glad you're still enjoying the story.
    If I remember correctly, you are the reason that I put it on my to read list, Heather!

  21. #321
    The Terror Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,956

    Default


  22. #322
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    I started listening to Sleeping Beauties and the tracks are broken up in such a way that there is a loooooooooonnggg pause in between them. It's quite annoying. The same thing happened with the mp3 discs of Dr Sleep. I contacted the publisher but they never responded. Simon & Schuster is too big for that.

  23. #323
    Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    2,239
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just started The Girl on the Train the other day and I'm almost done with it. Love how it's narrated by 3 different women. Two of them are really good, and thankfully they're the two main ones, because the woman that narrates for Anna has a bit of a monotone voice. Don't know why they cast her. Luckily she's only narrated a very small part so far.
    Good! That's on my "to be listened to" pile.


    I am currently listening to Run, one of the Blake Crouch books that it was suggested I read. The narrator has a great voice, but I don't really like his "woman" parts. Enjoying the story a lot though.
    I revise my opinion. It's not that I didn't like his voice or his alternate voices, it's just that I think that his wife, daughter and son were all annoying assholes and every word out of their mouths was a whine. In which case, the narrator is terrific at portraying them! Still, great story. Thanks again, Heather!

  24. #324
    The Terror Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,956

    Default



    Glad you enjoyed it.

  25. #325
    Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    After I bailed on Sleeping Beauties, which I will finish, it was just too dark for me in the bleakness of February so I moved onto Ocean at the End of the Lane, which really, is a perfect book. I literally forgot everything that happened in it.. Ironic no?

    Gotta fill the days with something before Pet Semetary comes out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts