Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobooks. What are you listening to?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Listening to David Balducci's Christmas Train I got for $4 last year, it's ok, I never read anything that he wrote. It reads like a screenplay, Tim Matheson is really good though.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Train is definately different from typical Baldacci. I enjoyed the Will Robie series. Starts with ‘The Innocent’, I also like the narrators for the audio versions. Also, Absolute Power is a great read and listen.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently listening to King & Straub's Black House. Less than thrilled as I was with The Talisman as well. I'm thinking I'm not a huge fan of King's collaborations with other writers. Although I did quite enjoy Throttle that he did with Joe. Jury is still out I reckon as I have several more collaborations to listen to.

P.S. If you're reading this, Dez, I'm still working my way through the box you sent me
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently listening to Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection Audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry. Fry might just be my favorite narrator, closely followed by the late great Frank Muller.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Currently listening to King & Straub's Black House. Less than thrilled as I was with The Talisman as well. I'm thinking I'm not a huge fan of King's collaborations with other writers. Although I did quite enjoy Throttle that he did with Joe. Jury is still out I reckon as I have several more collaborations to listen to.

P.S. If you're reading this, Dez, I'm still working my way through the box you sent me

I am, and take your time, Brian. I still have a whole shelf. BTW, I agree. I actually don't like Peter Straub's work at all (holds breath waiting to get yelled at). Still haven't dove into Sleeping Beauties, though.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I am, and take your time, Brian. I still have a whole shelf. BTW, I agree. I actually don't like Peter Straub's work at all (holds breath waiting to get yelled at). Still haven't dove into Sleeping Beauties, though.
    Me either of Straub. I tried to read Ghost Story once, which is supposed to be one of his better books. I don't think I made it 25 pages in before putting it down. It'll be awhile before I get to SB. Black House seems to be getting better about halfway through disc 2.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love Ghost Story, have you tried listening to it?

The Talisman is one of my favorite books, it's got giant slugs!, world flipping! and people flying with home wings! What do you guys want out of a book?

Black House was just ok, there's some neat stuff in it. I never heard of Albert Fish until I read that book. That dude's scarier than anything in a book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I love Ghost Story, have you tried listening to it?

The Talisman is one of my favorite books, it's got giant slugs!, world flipping! and people flying with home wings! What do you guys want out of a book?

Black House was just ok, there's some neat stuff in it. I never heard of Albert Fish until I read that book. That dude's scarier than anything in a book.
    Nope, never tried listening to it but I'm open to it. It'd be a long while though. Got lots of listening already in the Q.

Breathing Method read by Frank Mueller is a perfect thing.
    Started Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer read by Carolyn Mccormick who is usually pretty good but she sounds like she's reading out of a text book. Maybe that's the writing style? I have no idea what's going on in the book so far.

Starting Strange Weather soon, I was bummed Wil Wheaton reads the first story bc I just think he's awful at it, but maybe it was bc I heated Player One so much that I thought he was awful...we'll see.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Breathing Method read by Frank Mueller is a perfect thing.
    Started Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer read by Carolyn Mccormick who is usually pretty good but she sounds like she's reading out of a text book. Maybe that's the writing style? I have no idea what's going on in the book so far.

Starting Strange Weather soon, I was bummed Wil Wheaton reads the first story bc I just think he's awful at it, but maybe it was bc I heated Player One so much that I thought he was awful...we'll see.
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just curious what you didn't like about RP1. I thought it was a really fun read.
    The nice way to say it is I just thought it was a little too memberberries for me.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The nice way to say it is I just thought it was a little too memberberries for me.
    Haha I love the south park reference!

Haha I love the south park reference!
    Thumbs up emoticon. Love those episodes!

Wil Wheaton was actually pretty good doing Postcards in Strange Weather. It was neat there was a Stand By Me reference in the story with him reading it.

I'm listening to Rose Madder at work, it's cool, I don't think I've come across this in another SK audio book but Blair Brown reads the woman parts and Steve reads the cop parts.
    It's been 22 years since I first read it so I don't remember a thing about this book besides domestic abuse, a painting and a Dark Tower tease. It's good so far.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm listening to Rose Madder at work, it's cool, I don't think I've come across this in another SK audio book but Blair Brown reads the woman parts and Steve reads the cop parts.
    It's been 22 years since I first read it so I don't remember a thing about this book besides domestic abuse, a painting and a Dark Tower tease. It's good so far.
    I really enjoyed Rose Madder back when I read it. It's been years like yourself so I don't recall much.

I'm just finishing up In the Tall Grass by King & Hill; read by Stephen Lang. I'm a huge fan of Lang as a narrator. I thought he did a fantastic job reading Heart Shaped Box. Dude's not a bad actor IMO either.

SW is up next in the Q.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just started The Girl on the Train the other day and I'm almost done with it. Love how it's narrated by 3 different women. Two of them are really good, and thankfully they're the two main ones, because the woman that narrates for Anna has a bit of a monotone voice. Don't know why they cast her. Luckily she's only narrated a very small part so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just started The Girl on the Train the other day and I'm almost done with it. Love how it's narrated by 3 different women. Two of them are really good, and thankfully they're the two main ones, because the woman that narrates for Anna has a bit of a monotone voice. Don't know why they cast her. Luckily she's only narrated a very small part so far.
    Good! That's on my "to be listened to" pile.

I am currently listening to Run, one of the Blake Crouch books that it was suggested I read. The narrator has a great voice, but I don't really like his "woman" parts. Enjoying the story a lot though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Love Run! It's one of my favorites of his. It is weird when someone tries to do the opposite sex most of the time Glad you're still enjoying the story.

Country
    Country Flag

Love Run! It's one of my favorites of his. It is weird when someone tries to do the opposite sex most of the time Glad you're still enjoying the story.
    If I remember correctly, you are the reason that I put it on my to read list, Heather!

I started listening to Sleeping Beauties and the tracks are broken up in such a way that there is a loooooooooonnggg pause in between them. It's quite annoying. The same thing happened with the mp3 discs of Dr Sleep. I contacted the publisher but they never responded. Simon & Schuster is too big for that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Good! That's on my "to be listened to" pile.

I am currently listening to Run, one of the Blake Crouch books that it was suggested I read. The narrator has a great voice, but I don't really like his "woman" parts. Enjoying the story a lot though.
    I revise my opinion. It's not that I didn't like his voice or his alternate voices, it's just that I think that his wife, daughter and son were all annoying assholes and every word out of their mouths was a whine. In which case, the narrator is terrific at portraying them! Still, great story. Thanks again, Heather!

Glad you enjoyed it.

After I bailed on Sleeping Beauties, which I will finish, it was just too dark for me in the bleakness of February so I moved onto Ocean at the End of the Lane, which really, is a perfect book. I literally forgot everything that happened in it.. Ironic no?

Gotta fill the days with something before Pet Semetary comes out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast