Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can I read The Wind right after Wizard and Glass ?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey...King had me running through all kinds of orders of books since the early 80's. I waited 22 0r 23 years for a Dt book. I even read the original Gunslinger. I tell you; just read DT 1-7 in order and you will be ok. If you read ANY King book in between you will be ok. If you read the Black House before The Talisman you will be ok and vice versa. If you read Desperation before you read The Regulators you are ok. The wind thoh the keyhole before any of the others...you are ok.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler j-buck is on a distinguished road

I was concerned that it would give away things in later books, but it didn't. I read it between Wizard and Wolves, and I think it does a good job serving as a bridge between those books. I would read it where King set it chronologically instead of treating it like an outlier.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually read it long after I had finished all the main seven books. It was a great thing to have another DT book to be able to read! I hope he writes more soon. You can read it directly after WAG without any worry of spoilers.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read WttK after W&G and before WotC. The only downside of that approach is that each those three stories include substantial back stories so you don't make a lot of progress in the overall journey of our ka-tet to the DT.

BTW, just finished WoTC and thought it was the best of the series so far.

Traveler eddietrooper will become famous soon enough

I read it after volume VII. It doesn't really matter if tou read it before or after the other books. The story (and the story within the story) that is told is not relevant for the main argument of the series.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think you can certainly read it after Wizard and Glass. In fact, while I was reading it, I was impressed at how King hinted at elements of the later books without spoiling them. While it may slow down the series a bit to have two flashback novels back to back, I think Keyhole does form a nice connecting work between volumes 4 and 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3