13 40.63%
  • The Waste Lands

14 43.75%
  • Never read one or both titles

5 15.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wave 1C: Duma Key vs. The Waste Lands

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there can be more than 12 people in the whole universe to vote DK over TWL. Hell, in the whole multiverse. We're the only freaky dozen.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just three more votes for Duma Key and justice will be served here.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Just three more votes for Duma Key and justice will be served here.
    Yes. We only need a few more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't think there can be more than 12 people in the whole universe to vote DK over TWL. Hell, in the whole multiverse. We're the only freaky dozen.
    One of them here, would not have said that 2 months ago...or even thought it!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering if I should give Duma Key another chance ...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Duma Key. I'm probably one of the few people on this message board who has never read The Dark Tower. I read The Gunslinger and just couldn't get into it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    oh please, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I voted for Duma Key. I'm probably one of the few people on this message board who has never read The Dark Tower. I read The Gunslinger and just couldn't get into it.
    1. The rest of the Dark Tower is, mercifully, nothing like The Gunslinger. If it was, I would have never read the other six volumes. You totally should start The Drawing of the Three - you'll see how different it is.

2. I am afraid your vote for Duma Key doesn't count... it makes me very very sad, but you should have voted "Never read one or both titles". Did you actually vote Duma Key without reading TWL? If so, I'll have to edit your vote...

: sad bear :

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

A definite yes!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 43.75% of the vote was The Waste Lands. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.755128205.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh please, please!!

1. The rest of the Dark Tower is, mercifully, nothing like The Gunslinger. If it was, I would have never read the other six volumes. You totally should start The Drawing of the Three - you'll see how different it is.

2. I am afraid your vote for Duma Key doesn't count... it makes me very very sad, but you should have voted "Never read one or both titles". Did you actually vote Duma Key without reading TWL? If so, I'll have to edit your vote...

: sad bear :
    I did read Duma Key - it is one of my favorites. I guess I should have looked at the choices and picked option 3 :-(. But, we need to be fair and adjust my vote accordingly.

And thanks for the tip on TDT - I may have to start with Drawing of the Three and give it another try

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The poll has closed. The winner with 43.75% of the vote was The Waste Lands. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.755128205.
    So close. We only needed 2 more votes

Country
    Country Flag

And thanks for the tip on TDT - I may have to start with Drawing of the Three and give it another try

bears anticipate your being pleasantly surprised!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2