Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Calendars

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Calendars

Hi,
    with the merge of the upcomming calendar, i was wondering, which are the calendars that does already exists, and some explainations of their contents? (anything unpublished anywhere else???]

If i dont say any mistakes, i know that there were :

"OFFICIAL"
    - 1986 (dont have any pictures...)
    - 1993 : entitled YEAR OF FEARS
    - 2006 : (include My Pretty Poney)
    from the amazon.com presentation
    inside the pages of this spiral-bound hardcover 2006 Stephen King Library Desk Calendar to discover: What question King answered correctly on Jeopardy! to beat David Duchovny and Lynn Redgrave The story behind why Stephen King was partly to blame for the Red Sox curse In his own words, why King wrote under the pen name Richard Bachman Kings tips for the aspiring writer The top ten list of Kings most popular characters Kings musical tastes The overlooked novels of Tabitha King, and much more. As an added bonus, Stephen Kings short story, My Pretty Pony, is included at the end of this exclusive calendar.
    from an ebay auction:
    Stephen King: Desk Calendar for 2008. Available exclusively to club members. Book HC + Spiral bound. 128 pages. Publication Date: September, 2007. Enclosed in publisher's shrinkwrap along with error notice and corrected text.

Let Stephen King bring days of dread, weeks of worry, and months of mayhem into your life. This exclusive Desk Calendar for 2008 is packed with essays, creepy facts, trivia, and games—365 chances to step into Stephen King’s chilling universe.
    Find out your SK IQ with questions like, “Which King book’s original title was Second Coming?” and “Which novel serves as King’s homage to Rebecca?” Take the Dead or Alive quiz, which asks readers to recall which King characters survived their personal hell and which didn’t. You’ll also get a taste of The Dark Tower; King’s suggestions for the best movies to watch on a cold, wintry night; personal stories from King and some of his fans; and so much more.

others
    - Kocurek's 2008 calendar. (see also : this topic)

anything else?
    Attached Images

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

adding to the post :
    - Kocurek's
    - Letters from Hell (but aint sure is a calendar.... what is it ???)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    - Letters from Hell (but aint sure is a calendar.... what is it ???)
    Letters from Hell is a broadside print, signed by King, produced by Lord John Press. 18"x24"
    Lord John Press

Country
    Country Flag

but what is a broadside?

isnt a calendar, right?
    take it off the list.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    but what is a broadside?

isnt a calendar, right?
    take it off the list.
    A broadside is on oversized print.
    In this case is is 18"x24" in size.
    It is not a calendar. Letters From Hell is an essay by King regarding some of the strange letters he has received from fans.
    Here is mine:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

That is cool as hell. If I was over for dinner, we wouldn't be able to talk until I was done reading it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wow!

That is cool as hell. If I was over for dinner, we wouldn't be able to talk until I was done reading it.
    I wish I could read it...

Deereadssk1

i have 2006 and 2007 and as soon as i pay my last bill from SK Library, will order 2008. So, where did you get your LETTERS FROM HELL?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

btw, if anyone wants a Stephen King 2008 Desk Calendar. I have a sealed copy for $20 (includes shipping). I bought one for a member here and they backed out. Just PM me. Thanks!

Geoff
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    btw, if anyone wants a Stephen King 2008 Desk Calendar. I have a sealed copy for $20 (includes shipping). I bought one for a member here and they backed out. Just PM me. Thanks!

Geoff
    Their loss.

Geoff bought one for me too, and it's great!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad your happy Patrick. Yea I like them too, I've bought the last three years.

And btw, my extra copy is now gone.
    Geoff

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found this thread (yep - still TONS of them on here I've yet to read!) and figured I'd post pics of the 1986 Year of Fear calendar and the new 2009 SK Library one.

I also have a 1998 Purina calendar with his dog, Marlowe, on it - and a cute comment from his master!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

"Letters From Hell" was originally titled "'Ever Et Raw Meat?' and Other Weird Qustions" and can be found in Secret Windows.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to mention the Purina Dog Calender with Marlowe, but glad I read through the entire thread first - Gretchen beat me to it :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Here's another one from 1988:

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is one of those letters from hell currently up for sale on ebay, i think it was going for £300 (i think)

I would look it up but its 2.29am and im going to bed lol.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any early info on a 2010 calendar?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There's going to be another BOMC one like this year's, also with some familiar names among the contributors.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sound "in the know", Bev!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I KNEW there was a reason I belong to the BOMC!

As soon as I find any details, I'll post them here.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I guess it's the Stephen King Library. There's a different editor for 2010, but I expect it will look somewhat like the 2008 and 2009 editions.

Country
    Country Flag

found that on twitter :

jeffreysomers: I'm part of the STephen King Desk Calendar 2010, which is cool, and for a moment it seemed like we might organize a reading around it.

so i guess that we will soon start to see them. it's usually around this time of the year
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Thanks for posting the pic of the 'Stephen King's Year of Fear' 1986 calendar. I knew I had a calendar in storage somewhere, just couldn't remember which one...that would be it. Pictures of mostly paperback covers inside, correct?

Country
    Country Flag

from Brian Freeman's website :

interview :
    • "A Few Words With Mick Garris About The Shining" will appear in the Stephen King Library Desk Calendar 2010, published by the Book of the Month Club (fall 2009)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast