• Misery

9 28.13%
  • The Waste Lands

22 68.75%
  • Never read one or both titles

1 3.13%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave 1A: Misery vs. The Waste Lands

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 1A: Misery vs. The Waste Lands

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2012 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you would rather re-read. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

got to think for some time... probably TWL...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Misery, no doubt.

Country
    Country Flag

see? he did it again!

he said "no doubt" where doubt is unavoidable. Second time around!

: jealous :

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Waste Lands, hardly any doubt.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one is close, at least so far. Five-five.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very, very tough. Misery is one of the best psychological horror books ever, and The Wastelands is tops in post-apocalyptic (style) adventure. Today the adventure wins.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would re-read The Wastelands first. How do I know this? Because I just started The Wastelands (again) yesterday due to finishing up my other shit-reading material, Ripley's Believe It or Not. Misery remained on my book shelf. Why, you ask? Though Misery is a great read the first time around, I find it's "re-reading value" to be pretty low. There isn't a lot to miss or to really interpret. The Dark Tower series however, almost becomes a new story each time it's read because you are constantly picking up hints, tips, analogies, and ideas that you missed the last time around concerning what the hell is going on. Hope I'm not alone.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitley see where you are coming from and I agree with you. But there's still something about how King can get right into the head of a character and let you almost live out his experience. That's why I loved Roadwork so much. And sympathise with Loius Creed of Pet Semetary.

Paul Sheldon's "Misery" experience is extremely powerful writing. (But today I still voted The Wastelands)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    That's why I loved Roadwork so much.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I definitley see where you are coming from and I agree with you. But there's still something about how King can get right into the head of a character and let you almost live out his experience. That's why I loved Roadwork so much. And sympathise with Loius Creed of Pet Semetary.

Paul Sheldon's "Misery" experience is extremely powerful writing. (But today I still voted The Wastelands)
    Right on bro. That's why I can't get into any other authors really. I'm definitely a character guy and nobody does characters like Steve.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Misery, but The Waste Lands is amazing. My second favorite Dark Tower book (after Wizard and Glass course) and easily my top five King books.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch the film, Misery all the time but I don't go back to the book, Misery too often therefore, The Waste Lands, which I've read several times, gets my vote.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, this is a tough one. I honestly don't know.
    Okay, I voted Waste Lands, but mostly because I haven't re-read it as recently as Misery.

BTW, Roadwork is underrated.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    BTW, Roadwork is underrated.
    Hear, hear!!!

bears have finally voted TWL...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Waste Lands

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I chose Misery, because if I read THe Waste Lands, I could sucked into reading more of tDT series again, easily. And I am not ready for that yet.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot decide on this one, two different crazy good books.
    Sorry, I'll pass.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Waste Lands for me

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

An easy choice. TWL.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not read, MISERY, so no vote.

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 68.75% of the vote was The Waste Lands. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.555128205.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

cockadoodie!
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

+ Reply to Thread