Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Wolves - did you have any guess?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Terrible T. I explain that comment fully in this thread. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ht=obscurejude

I didn't want to get us sidetracked.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    See, I thought that was kinda kewl, and it kinda gets back to the worlds all bleeding over into eachother.
    Same here. It also makes me wonder if whomever built the Wolves might have gleaned the ideas for them from the minds of the Breakers.
    Agree with both of you. Especially like the idea that the Breakers may have inadvertantly contributed to the weaponry/technology.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It makes sense, especially with the mind-connection technology they had access to.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

it does make perfect sense.

If sense was perfect it wouldn't have to be made, rather it would be an entity in and of itself with its own constituency.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had absolutely no idea whatsoever, i remember(in one of my weaker moments) asking on .net what they were. Noone would tell me
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Initially, i thought the wolves looked like...

Then i read about the cloaks and Dr. Doom (the one from the spiderman TV show, i don't like fantastic four) came to mind
    Last edited by Letti; 02-24-2008 at 12:13 AM. Reason: made the pic visible
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-tet View Post
    I had absolutely no idea whatsoever, i remember(in one of my weaker moments) asking on .net what they were. Noone would tell me
    In this case you are lucky. Noone ruined your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post

For me it's not frightening but funny... scary wolves with painted pink nails? *smiles widely*

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Letti said
    In this case you are lucky. Noone ruined your joy.
    I agree
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post

Then i read about the cloaks and Dr. Doom (the one from the spiderman TV show, i don't like fantastic four) came to mind
    The purple nails are the key to making it a SK like character...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty fingernail polish! How cute!

After reading the title of the book, I pictured a man type "werewolf" I guess but once I actually started to read it (even before their descriptions) I pictured them differently.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

i guessed it from when i saw a picture of a wolf in my edition of WOTC.
    when they said zombies i was utterly confused until it was confirmed it was a fake plot. i didn't expect the satalit dishes though.

Something Susannah said I believe, that I don't have the quote in front of me, maybe someone else could find it, made me think they might have more than just pure robots. Does anyone else remember that quote?

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The grand-pere or whoever it was whispered 19 words to Eddie, anyone know what the words were? i think i missed it xD
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Very cute. I guess that means you don't know the answer to my question.

John F. Kennedy /k/ommando is on a distinguished road /k/ommando's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HanzouNorak View Post
    i guessed it from when i saw a picture of a wolf in my edition of WOTC.
    when they said zombies i was utterly confused until it was confirmed it was a fake plot. i didn't expect the satalit dishes though.
    I too, thought that the wolves were "zombis". It was the whole "BRAINS" issue that mase me think that. Also the mention of vampires in Thunderclap led me that direction as well. When I found out that they were robots I was like ?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember when I first read about the wolves before actually reading the book, I wondered if the wolves were that same species from the Talisman. Especially taking into account the connection with Black House.

Of course when I actually started reading the book and they were described as "human shaped, wearing masks" (or somesuch) I didn't have much of an idea of what they were.

I think I guessed later on in the story though. It might have been Eddie's conversation with Grand-pere or his informing Roland later.

Whilst I thought they were pretty cool, it kind of struck me as a little convenient that they were all of the kind with 'think caps' on their head though. Imagine if they'd all been of that other robot type? I forget his name now, but the one who ended up in the Rosa's outside loo.

I suppose it does make some sense to have a specialized group of robots like that with a central control unit elsewhere though. I'm assuming that's what the think cap was for, like a radio attenae or radar dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I suppose it does make some sense to have a specialized group of robots like that with a central control unit elsewhere though. I'm assuming that's what the think cap was for, like a radio attenae or radar dish.
    This is what I thought also. They're not about doing a lot of independent work like Andy was, but as working as a unit, scaring the folken of the various Calla's shitless, collecting babies and slaughtering the odd person that got up some gumption and making an example of them.

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I first read the title of WotC I totally thought they were a ravage pack of wolves that were smart enough to out think and smart Roland and Ka-tet then I started reading about their initial description about the human form with a mask and then I thought about werewolves. However, when Roland said they were Zombies to the Calla folken i knew at once that he was messing with them in which at the point I actually put the book down and thought about robots for a moment.
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's worth creating a new thread for this, and it is related to the subject matter....

I came across this today. It's an entry in Empire's list of favourite comicbook characters. Just look at the "Did you know?" section.

Whilst part of me feels a thrill that they include that nugget I don't think it was such a great idea considering some people reading that list might not have read the book yet. They do give a spoiler warning mind you, but even so...

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

okay, i just said this in the wolves q&a - i had no clue they were robots until the reveal. then i felt really stupid and was like "damn, i should have guessed! i should have known!"

as for the blurb on that web site - the least they could do is put that little spoiler alert notice in bold or something. or hide the text behind a spoiler button.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I knew what they were long before Roland and the rest figured it out.
    Was kind of obvious.
    How was it so obvious for you? I am interested in it because most of the people had no idea about it.
    So may we get some details?

Roland would have understood.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I knew what they were long before Roland and the rest figured it out.
    Was kind of obvious.
    How was it so obvious for you? I am interested in it because most of the people had no idea about it.
    So may we get some details?
    hate to be a postwhore here, but i'm hitching a ride on the "me too train". i'm with letti on this one alex. i'd love some details please. thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Just from the way they described them.
    I was already guessing they were robots
    before Roland and co. even got to town.
    I think I had an inkling before the final reveal (I think there was a bit when Eddie tells Roland the old man's story, and he says "Of course!", or "Gods yes!", words to that effect anyway, which) but I wouldn't have guessed that early!

I knew when what they were when I read the teaser of the prologue online before the book was published.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast