Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Wolves - did you have any guess?

Traveler Sinistar is on a distinguished road Sinistar's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    No, first time I read it I had no idea what was coming. In the back of my head I think I picured them as human (not wolves, not robots, not Taheen etc...) - maybe even half-afraid they were more failed Gunslingers or something (or at least led by same).

That's funny! When I first read it I thought the exact same thing about more failed gunslingers.

Totally caught off guard...
    "What have I become? My sweetest friend...everyone I know goes away in the end...and you can have it all...my empire of dirt...I will let you down...I will make you hurt..." --Trent Reznor

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Had you had any idea who or what they were before it turned out?

It was quite a long time ago when I read it but I think I was quite lost and I didn't have any ideas.. just some faint ones maybe.
    What about you?
    As soon as they mentioned something about the hoods, I knew.

Traveler EddieOfNewYork is on a distinguished road EddieOfNewYork's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, the green hoods and robot body gave it away. i'm a fantastic four fiend too so i thought it was great

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
    No, first time I read it I had no idea what was coming. In the back of my head I think I picured them as human (not wolves, not robots, not Taheen etc...) - maybe even half-afraid they were more failed Gunslingers or something (or at least led by same).

That's funny! When I first read it I thought the exact same thing about more failed gunslingers.

Totally caught off guard...
    I think failed Gunslingers may have been a lot cooler.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I think robot wolves in Dr Doom cloaks were pretty damn cool. Especially wielding light sabers and sneetchs.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, cool--but not failed Gunslingers cool.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Divided Girl is on a distinguished road Divided Girl's Avatar

I was really confused about it. And upset too, because I kept thinking... wait... is he really not saying what they are or did I just miss something?. So I kept having to go back and reread passages and I was pretty annoyed with myself when I figured out that he wasn't going to tell us right away.

The green cloaks that were described reminded me of something comic related, but I couldn't put my finger on it. For one thing I refused to. The connection with the Tower and comics was completely crossed out in my mind. Mostly because I'm a huge fan of comics and I feel isolated about it so I figure why make that connection just to be let down. So in my mind I kinda just X-ed that out.

I'm still baffled by it right now and in denial. I want to see them with my own eyes. I never ached to have complete visual of a story then at the moment when they were revealed.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I had it at Roland's repetition of the description of the Wolves' horses as "all the same, all grey."

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I didn't dwell on it too much, so likely found out when King made it real obvious with the stuffy guy target practice. Great twist!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Had you had any idea who or what they were before it turned out?

It was quite a long time ago when I read it but I think I was quite lost and I didn't have any ideas.. just some faint ones maybe.
    What about you?
    As soon as they mentioned something about the hoods, I knew.
    Wow...

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I don't understand what about the hoods gave it away?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Well duh! The hoods keep the rain off their heads so they don't get electrocuted. lol

*smacks forehead* WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THAT!?!?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Well duh! The hoods keep the rain off their heads so they don't get electrocuted. lol
    Yeah, and we all know that part of the world gets lots of rain...

Roland would have understood.

Yeah, and we all know that part of the world gets lots of rain...
    You say true. I don't think being a weatherman in Thunderclap is a particularly difficult job.

I seriously don't understand why the hoods were such big giveaways to folks. The grey horses I get, but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

You say true. I don't think being a weatherman in Thunderclap is a particularly difficult job.
    Yes. Forecasts go like this "dark out today with the thunder and the next day and the next day etc, news at 11"

I seriously don't understand why the hoods were such big giveaways to folks. The grey horses I get, but not that.
    I don't know either. I guess as soon as some people thought "Dr. Doom" they were able to leap right to robots from there? I'm not that big of a comic book geek, so I couldn't make that jump. All grey, that I kennit.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, why did the hoods give it away?

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that would have been a much better conclusion to the story, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dud-a-chum? View Post

Damn, that would have been a much better conclusion to the story, lol.
    I don't agree. Also, I think there is more to the Wolves than we know..some allusions to that in the books. I hope we get some background on them in The Road Home..

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

I remember thinking that the horses were probably robotic, because they kept making a point of how they were all the exact same shade of gray. But even having made that leap, I still didn't guess that the wolves were!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I can honestly say that I did not expect that the wolves would have lightsabers and sneetches. Some of you know that I think that was a mistake on King's part. Anyways... that was the most surprising (and unfortunate) thing for me.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I can honestly say that I did not expect that the wolves would have lightsabers and sneetches. Some of you know that I think that was a mistake on King's part. Anyways... that was the most surprising (and unfortunate) thing for me.
    See, I thought that was kinda kewl, and it kinda gets back to the worlds all bleeding over into eachother.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    See, I thought that was kinda kewl, and it kinda gets back to the worlds all bleeding over into eachother.
    Same here. It also makes me wonder if whomever built the Wolves might have gleaned the ideas for them from the minds of the Breakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast